Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Illuen posted:

My fiance was convinced that the aunt was cast so she looks like a Skyler who has been binge eating.

My thoughts on the show are... mixed. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, but at the same time, there was some stuff in it I wasn't fond of. The family, though well acted, just seemed like a giant ball of cliches. There were a couple of lines of dialogue in the show from MJF that were garbled that we had to rewind and listen to abotu two or three times before we got them (I think the most egregious one was during the Not Dave and Buster's but totally Dave and Buster's scene), yet I feel bad for criticizing this. I also don't get yet what the hook of the show is, besides "PARKINSON'S". In the first episode, I thought they were going to take it the way of the family adjusting to overbearing dad, then when he got the job back I thought it would be him adjusting to the job, but that all happened in the first episode. I guess what I'm asking is, unless the entire series is going to be Parkinson's jokes, what is it about this family sitcom that makes it special? Or should I just expect a bunch of old recycled sitcom plots with jokes about MJF's inability to keep his hands still?

I sort of agree with what you said, but I'm just so happy to be laughing at Michael J Fox again that I'm going to give the show the benefit of whatever doubt I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread