Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I fear that Bravo is going to try and serve us a play on season 6's Executive Cancer Chef Robin "Cancer" McCancer when Michael Sichel's bio kicks off with surviving his bout with Robin-itis. They love their built-in narratives.

Also is it wrong that I just want Chris Jones, of the unappetizing cigar Chris Joneses back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Athenry posted:

I agree. All 3 look like they're trying too hard already.

I think Sara has the try-hard edge here. Ex theater major with an eye for 50's styling, serves upscale airport food at an iPad centric restaurant where all the positive reviews are written on the massive curve of "...for an airport terminal, its pretty good"

Here is a chef's special at "Shoyu":

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Quickfire of the Vanities already up in here.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Poque posted:

That guy's boyfriend is totally gonna give him poo poo for mentioning his ex first.
Is that equally or more demeaning than the reveal a few seconds later that "being asian" is what is boyfriend considers to be his best quality?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I don't think I've ever watched a live Bravo feed before, I love the show previews, it all seems like a parody. "The NEW Atlanta Cheating Spouse Drama!" "Formerly Homeless Rich Pastor". I had no idea I lived in this world.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Season preview was half top chef, half Hell's Kitchen. And Lea Michele, who I guess has something to promote, or she's still on the My Fake Boyfriend Died of Real Drugs PR Tour.

But I didnt see a biathlon, so I remain hopeful. Good episode Top Chef.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Well I'm glad that one noxious personality is out of the main show. Hopefully next to leave is Michael Sichel, but I imagine he'll be around for a while. And after him, hopefully we lose Nicholas and his massive complex about being friends with Jason.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The System posted:

I admit one could also ask, "Why did he accept such treatment?" Hopefully, he won't capitulate so readily next time he has to stand up for himself.
I think its the old "Cagot" system of discrimination against catering chefs. Once a caterer, always a caterer. Bene probably brought the scorn upon himself by looking directly into the eyes of the restauranteurs or speaking at a volume above a quiet whisper in the presence of his fixed-locale betters.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I understand you not believing me. But if you click the link in his bio in the OP, you'll see that what he owns and operates, "Indulge by Bene", is a catering company.

Maybe Odette fired his rear end for not winning the skydive challenge? I dunno, I was confused too.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm so tired of pouty 50's girl and pouty Nicholas who cannot bear to hear people talk about his eliminated crush.

But I am glad that Michael Sichel is going to be this season's Heather Terhune who damages his professional reputation through ugly contestant behaviour.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Still, I think there was something better about a larger cast of people that 'jerk off to Joel Robuchon' than a cadre of careerist ladder climbers. I guess the window of opportunity is closed, but the souschef oddballs that could work magic out of nowhere, like Season 6's Eli, is more appealing television than rigid 'I do American farm-to-table plates!', types that are there to boost their already successful ventures.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hell's Kitchen isnt about cooking. Its about catering to an audience that likes to watch people get shouted at. Nobody learns anything, nobody gets better. Its just about knocking out John Dories and waiting for your turn for an over the top shouting. It would be the exact same show if it was about model airplanes or wool tapestry.

"This Messerschmidt is still tacky Shaniqua, DEW IT AGAIN!!"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That elimination was unsatisfying, but I guess I can stand to spend more time hating Travis alongside Michael, Nicholas and Sara.

I can only read about last chance kitchen, but I'm pleased if the chef that won completely removed Jason the Insufferable from appearing again on any part of this season.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Botching the central protein is always the best way to get a ticket home.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nicholas is such a pill. Even when he's doing well he's insufferable. Good thing he is using this exposure as a springboard to get investors and public interest in his brand of dour philadephian eyerolling.

But the episode was good. No gimmicks aside from the butter restriction.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I gained some small respect for Travis for ignoring the demands of Tsar Nicholas. I really enjoyed the episode. Kermit came across as a human being unlike Lea Michele and the musical chairs was contained to the quickfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ghostnuke posted:

Ahaha did anyone hear Nina tell someone to "suck a dick" during the teaser for next week? Can you say that on TV now, or did someone miss an edit?

According to Patton oswalt, if she meant in her heart; "suck a jerk", it would be fine for cable. However if she was thinking at the time of the anatomical incarnation of a dick, it would not be allowed.

• Locked thread