Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I've been really busy now that the shop is up and running and without a thread to keep bumped I forget to take photos during the day. After some time away, I have returned to post pictures of the junk I am working on.

Posts Worth Reading:
- Rich buys and old Japanese sedan.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572280&userid=135219#post419949071
- Starting to work on the S13.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572280&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post419949687

Current Cars I Own:
- 1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible (S13) - Current project
- 1995 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD (D22) - Donor vehicle
- 1986 Nissan Hardbody 2WD (D21) - Dream project when I get time
- Top Secret For Now Car - TOP SECRET

Other Places to Look:
I have a Instagram account I use during the day when I feel like it, I will probably be re-posting the images here though. May not always be car or welding photos!

ultimateforce fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ground floor. :munch:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Rich bought an old Toyota from Japan or something.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

:siren: Tonight I will be at Central Florida Racing Complex around 7PM to Midnight or thereabouts. :siren:

For more info, check their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CFRC.Drifting

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

The stock KA24DE has somewhere around 200,000 miles and is really down on power in my 240SX. Not sure what's wrong but it needs to be opened up. I really don't want an engine swapped 'vert so I am going to pull this one and swap in a slightly fresher S14 KA and do a bunch of maintenance stuff while I'm at it. For once money isn't a problem, but time is. I hardly get time to work on it so it mostly gets pushed around the shop a lot.

No, I don't have a Cummins engine swap. Don't let the soot fool you.

Pulling the donor drivetrain from a S14 at the shop. The S14 is getting a RB25DET swap.

The clutch and flywheel were TOAST.

The two sacrifices to the Nissan S-Chassis god.

My 'vert is starting to become my parts storage.

Stripping the car down to a bare frame so I can tackle everything while I have the chance. Discovered quite a bit of rust which is common for convertibles.

Going to try a few rattle can solutions.

I am not patching this hole. Naturally occurring drainage port.

More to come later.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Dat gear shifter :allears:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

It's a great way for the "top" gears to fall out due to the weight of the shift knob.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
It's so brown, I love it

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Rich did a lot of tuning up on it. The previous owners did a great job on the exterior but the engine needed work. Now everything, including the A/C, works like a charm. R12 A/C is so cold!

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

ultimateforce posted:

Rich bought an old Toyota from Japan or something.

1G-GTE? Ew.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

It's so old school the way the power band is. All top end.

It's great.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

ultimateforce posted:

I've been really busy now that the shop is up and running and without a thread to keep bumped I forget to take photos during the day.
Current Cars I Own:
- 1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible (S13)
- 1995 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (D22)
- Top Secret For Now Car

Awww you couldn't stay away :allears:

When you say the shop is "up and running", does that mean you're making some kind of living? If so, yay!

Is the convertible the one that was your GFs or is that an additional car? Which one are you DDing, the Pathfinder?

And when you say "own" do you mean, " that runs"? If so, it sounds you managed to off load a few of your hunks! Nice work!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am making more money, not a ton more, but it's adding up. I am waiting for more to get done before I do the next photo dump of the S13 but I have wasted a couple grand "restoring" my turd of a S13, and it still doesn't even have an engine in it! poo poo!

The Pathy runs but I am still using it for parts. I have my long bed (I forgot about till just now) and my co-worker Joe's truck that I am using the Pathy as a donor for.

Like a chump I am still borrowing a truck from my mom and it sure is lame. I was using the shop's parts truck, but Joe's previously mentioned truck poo poo the transmission so he's using it now. The fact that the shop up and gave me a truck shows the difference with things at this place.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
For what it's worth, I'm glad you're posting again.

I wonder how well that appliance epoxy will hold up - usually refrigerators don't get left outside and driven in the rain where I live. Eastwood has some cool spray paint now that somehow does something magical and lets you have ceramic spray paint (only seems to be Chassis Black so far). That might be a cool finish if the appliance epoxy doesn't work out. http://www.eastwood.com/paints/2k-aero-spray-paints.html

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

How the hell did a Florida car get so rusty? :stare:

I know the areas they chopped up to make it a vert will get rusty as poo poo due to :effort:, but this is stuff that's not unique to the vert.

e: I see the vert has seen a repaint at some point. Is that something that came with the vert conversion, or just from the previous owner?
e2: on closer look, it appears as if only the LF ahead of the door is mismatched, with some questionable cut and paste going on around the LF shock tower.

What the hell is the brown thing? I want to touch it in naughty ways.. ways that will make it make glorious noises. Also :laffo: at the baggy in the console, I did a double take to see if it was :420:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 29, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

For what it's worth, I'm glad you're posting again.

I wonder how well that appliance epoxy will hold up - usually refrigerators don't get left outside and driven in the rain where I live. Eastwood has some cool spray paint now that somehow does something magical and lets you have ceramic spray paint (only seems to be Chassis Black so far). That might be a cool finish if the appliance epoxy doesn't work out. http://www.eastwood.com/paints/2k-aero-spray-paints.html

I've seen a bay done in appliance epoxy in white and it came out pretty good. I am on the fence about applying a gloss coat at all.

The problem is that I lost my receipt for the paint so I am kinda stuck with it now.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

How the hell did a Florida car get so rusty? :stare:

I know the areas they chopped up to make it a vert will get rusty as poo poo due to :effort:, but this is stuff that's not unique to the vert.

e: I see the vert has seen a repaint at some point. Is that something that came with the vert conversion, or just from the previous owner?
e2: on closer look, it appears as if only the LF ahead of the door is mismatched, with some questionable cut and paste going on around the LF shock tower.

What the hell is the brown thing? I want to touch it in naughty ways.. ways that will make it make glorious noises. Also :laffo: at the baggy in the console, I did a double take to see if it was :420:

Convertibles got a ton of extra bracing, that is what you are seeing in the area after the firewall. All those spot welds are just left untreated in the process. :effort:

The front core support has been cut off and reattached before. It is all straight, but a definite hack job.

That is a Toyota Mark II, their version of the Toyota Cressida. They were used as police vehicles and taxi cabs in Japan when they were new. The baggy was full of quarters.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:stonk:

If you mean "approximately 25% of the car" when you say "front core has been cut"....

That Mk2 is sexy as hell for some reason. :allears:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 29, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Pretty sure that's normal.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Welcome back, son. I knew it wouldn't take long to scratch that itch (to post).
Love that old Cressida. Reminds me of nice old days before "Lexus" BS.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Helmet cam video from last night at CFRC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102161590591971&set=vb.5022919&type=2&theater

Video may or may not work? Let me know if it is private and I will edit this post out.

Edit: This video probably won't work for you!

ultimateforce fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 29, 2013

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

ultimateforce posted:

Helmet cam video from last night at CFRC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102161590591971&set=vb.5022919&type=2&theater

Video may or may not work? Let me know if it is private and I will edit this post out.

It's unavailable for me and I'm even friends with you on FB!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That Mark II was/is up for sale on Miataturbo. :ninja:

http://www.miataturbo.net/cars-sale-trade-6/1985-toyota-mark-ii-%2413500-74534/

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Pictures from last night at the track, as seen from my crummy Android phone!

Drivers meeting.

The pits. You can see how on slow nights you basically hang out in the pits. We were doing ride-alongs last night too. Formula D driver Pat Goodin was helping set up cars and letting spectators ride with him too.

This coupe sat in my back yard for a year while I stored it for someone. It now has a 2JZ swap.

It last looked like this when I saw it.

My friend's car I did the exhaust on. LS1 swap, pretty stock. Ton of fun to drive the way it is. I'll be doing some tune up stuff on it soon.

McNasty tailoring his insane LS1 vert home after chewing up his tires.

The cost breakdown was $150 for 9am - 12am drifting, unlimited runs with pro drifter Pat Goodin giving FREE lessons all day. After 7pm it's $50 to drive the rest of the night and $12 to spectate.

I've priced it out a few times, if you spent your money smart you could have a fun drift car for $2,000. This is the best time ever to get in to the sport.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Yeah, Rich is trying to trade it. He said it's too nice to actually drive so he wants something he can beat on.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

:siren: NEW DEPRESSING / HILARIOUS GAME TO PLAY :siren:

Look at the people on Facebook who graduated from your high school the same year as you!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

There were 13 people in my graduating class, and the school ceased to exist a few years later.

Gonna be a tough game for me..

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

ultimateforce posted:

Look at the people on Facebook who graduated from your high school the same year as you!

Go to your 10 year reunion. Usually in for some comedy/heavy drinking even if your not a drinker.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

ultimateforce posted:

It's easier to find them in a federal prison search. :drugnerd:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I need to see how that appliance epoxy holds up. I've got a lovely motorcycle that needs some gloss black loving.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

I need to see how that appliance epoxy holds up. I've got a lovely motorcycle that needs some gloss black loving.

Don't know about that, but PJ1 makes some really solid epoxy paint systems especially for motorcycle frames and engines. Look at the bottom of this page for frame paint-systems: http://www.sudco.com/pj1.html

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Go to your 10 year reunion. Usually in for some comedy/heavy drinking even if your not a drinker.

...I graduated in 2001.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

ultimateforce posted:

...I graduated in 2001.
Wait.... me and UF have something in common? Scary. I graduated in 2001 and graduated college in 2006.

But I have semi massive amounts of college debt. Around 25kish but whittling it down.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sir Cornelius posted:

Don't know about that, but PJ1 makes some really solid epoxy paint systems especially for motorcycle frames and engines. Look at the bottom of this page for frame paint-systems: http://www.sudco.com/pj1.html

That site was last modified in 2006

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

With just product numbers and no prices, why fix what's not broke. :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat I'm kinda glad I didn't by that coupe from you now, it would have never been that cool if I owned it :v:

One of these days if I ever get a job with weekends off I gotta make it to one of those events :(

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I will be posting details for the Halloween event later today hopefully.

TEASER: $12 admission if you come dressed as a zombie.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Groundfloor. I love project threads.

Also, a Cummins in a 240SX sounds apeshit bananas and now I want one.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Whiner. http://www.pj1.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

N is for Nipples posted:

Groundfloor. I love project threads.

Also, a Cummins in a 240SX sounds apeshit bananas and now I want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpaktgSI1rs

• Locked thread