Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cookie Kwan posted:

I have been holding out this hope for some time now.

Also, apprently someone is going to be killed off?

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/27/simpsons-character-will-be-killed-off-in-25th-season

I wonder who it's going to be?

This article says that Jimmy Carter saw their joke about him being "history's greatest monster" before they asked him to be on the show which is just hilarious.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I hope it's Maggie.

Maggie is the best character :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

They should have just asked for Mandy Patinkin to be on the show again. They pulled off the 24 parody very well but I guess a Homeland parody isn't as easy. I thought it was decent but at the end I kind of hoped Homer actually was a terrorist.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

The show was largely entertaining after from Seasons 15-19 IMO.

I generally agree with this and most of my favourite post-season 10 episodes are from around this time. My theory is that this was around the time of the movie being made and maybe it had some effect on the show's quality?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Someone gave me a list

Del Toro's references, best to as they appear.
Pacific Rim
Bart decapitating Jedidiah Springfield
Attack of the 50 Ft Eyesores
Alfred Hitchcock & The Birds
The Shining & Steven King
Hellboy
Blade 2
Godzilla
Pan's Labyrinth
Hellboy 2
Doom Generation (maybe, $666 or $6.66)
Phantom of the Opera (Universal and Hammer)
The Great Pumpkin & Alien Maggie daughter of Kodos
Cthulhu
Edgar Allen Poe
Steven Spielburg
Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolf Man, Kharis, Gill-Man (Creature), Bride of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, (there's an alien behind Kharis but can't make out what it is)
Christine (maybe, color might not be right)
Jaws
Rod Sterling, B-9 (1965 tv series), (don't know the toad guy by B-9), Alien Xenomorph, (don't know about the Kaiju), London After Midnight, Army of Darkness, Alfred Hitchcock (the outline silhouette), (don't know about the UFO in the background), Romonster, First Man on the Moon, Count Orlock, Gort, Schlitze, (3 50's aliens I can't id and either Kaiju or Titan I'm not sure which), Kharis and Invisible Man (again), (I want to say Cemetery Man but the Reaper and the gravedigger is throwing me off)
Alice in Wonderland, Hypnotoad
Pan's Labyrinth (again, or maybe a scene from Hellboy 2)
Tooth Fairies

I personally loved Ray Bradbury and the Illustrated Man gag

Homer at the end on the couch is from Devil's Backbone

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I wasn't really a fan, they aired Treehouse of Horror XX before it which not only has three solid segments but they're also appropriately horror-themed so my expectations were higher. I did get a kick out of the freaks singing Superfreak though.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder what they're going to about the character now.

It would really suck for Ned to have two dead wives. On one hand they retired all of Phil Hartman's characters, while they replaced Lunchlady Doris who I guess doesn't really count.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 26, 2013

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

It's either Ruth Powers or Mrs. Glick.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Like they did when Michael Jackson died, Fox will re-air Bart the Lover this Sunday before the new episode.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Who's the man? I'm thinking maybe Phil Hartman but they've never actually drawn a likeness of him before.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

"Elon Musk" was a great joke.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

shyduck posted:

:laffo: he's had a chemical engineering degree all along

:colbert: He has a Master's degree in Folklore and Mythology.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

MondayHotDog posted:

When she dumps him, he gets depressed and tries to call the suicide hotline, but they've blocked his number.

I'm pretty sure this is an actual joke from the show.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Holy crap, Max Von Sydow? He's still alive?

Max von Sydow, like Christopher Lee, will be old forever and never die.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Air is lava! posted:

So that's not creepy at all. Just a little family bonding.

Another "Psycho" reference which is actually a great callback considering how long ago they were doing those jokes for Skinner.

Andrew_1985 posted:

So where did that episode fall in the 'Future' Continuity? Or should I not be asking that?

I thought it was honestly quite bizarre, but not in the entertaining or heartwarming ways of the previous 'Future' episodes.

It would've been nice to have another touching scene akin to the siblings getting drunk in the treehouse, or hilarious like Maggie's flight problems.

Yeah... it relied a bit too much on the last future episode, which was fantastic, but couldn't compare and just kept getting weirder.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Notice the continuity mistake? Grampa's (well, Great Grandpa) hair

Jenda's design was really inconsistent too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

smashpro1 posted:

Have a trailer for Sunday's episode, "Brick Like Me": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYGSpOfIr9Y

Comic Book Guy is a brony. Figures.

• Locked thread