Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I thought last year's halloween episode was a little better, but this was still utterly fantastic.

Trying to think of the "wackiest" that Bob's has gone, and I think it's maybe the talking toilet. They're really grounded in at least some sense of reality, thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

I thought last year's halloween episode was a little better, but this was still utterly fantastic.

Trying to think of the "wackiest" that Bob's has gone, and I think it's maybe the talking toilet. They're really grounded in at least some sense of reality, thankfully.

The Andy/Olie "locked behind a door" death scene cliche slayed me and put it over the top for me. "I didn't want that to be my last words!"

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm so glad Bob's resists taking the super wacky approach to doing a Hallowe'en episode and instead keeps it on its usual level. It's obviously really tempting to go off timeline and do something super spooky (like classic Simpsons did and American Dad did last night), but having it be just a normal story about Bob, Linda and the kids made it awesome. One of my favourite episodes I think.
It really is King of the Hill 2.0
That KotH episode where the crazy religious lady tries to ban Halloween is one of my favourite Halloween-themed episodes of any show ever, and it was similarly played straight.

Last year's Bob's Burgers Halloween episode is still my favourite, though.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
The only reason I think "Fort Night" is better than "Full Bars" is the grownups' storyline. The locked room mystery at Teddy's never lived up to its humor potential (though they were GOOD CHIPS). Bob and Linda trying to trick or treat was 100% hilarious.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

spacemost posted:

It really is King of the Hill 2.0
That KotH episode where the crazy religious lady tries to ban Halloween is one of my favourite Halloween-themed episodes of any show ever, and it was similarly played straight.

Last year's Bob's Burgers Halloween episode is still my favourite, though.

And the King of the Hill Halloween episode with the pig man is by far the most disturbing Halloween-themed episode any kind of "family" show has ever done. It was also played straight.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Shyfted One posted:

The World Series is costing us more Bob's Burgers until November 3rd.

God, World Series, what can't you ruin?

We just got it back! Now we have to wait another month? :argh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cobalt Chloride posted:

And the King of the Hill Halloween episode with the pig man is by far the most disturbing Halloween-themed episode any kind of "family" show has ever done. It was also played straight.

It is also probably the best Halloween episode ever.

"Finally I can think clearly! The voices are gone!" *is ground up into a sausage*

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

The Andy/Olie "locked behind a door" death scene cliche slayed me and put it over the top for me. "I didn't want that to be my last words!"

I'll always be with you, every time you look in the mirror

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.

Canned Panda posted:

I'll always be with you, every time you look in the mirror

:confused:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

...Because I look like you.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
So the GBS Halloween costume thread gave the perfect suggestion for a costume this year.

I'll pick up a pair of red Converse oxfords for the shoes and I have a yellow shirt which I don't think I've ever worn, but I'm not sure what to do for the shorts. Jorts? Or somehow find some blue khaki shorts?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Jorts.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why does amazon go out of their way to call it a disguise? Surely some evil corporation hasn't trademarked the word costume yet? :ohdear:

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Was looking for jorts, but couldn't find any on sale that didn't have stupid fade patterns or short enough to be above my knee. Then I found a $10 pair of blue shorts on a clearance rack. Not as light as Gene's shorts, but they should fit the costume fine with the solid color.

vvv It's beautiful

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 8, 2013

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Haaaay guyssss!

http://behindbobsburgers.com/image/63477177879

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Oh man. I always forget to check for new awesome stuff on BBB. The script covers for upcoming eps especially.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

For some reason putting in the little effort to make sure we can see Gene from both windows makes me really happy.

Hi you guys. I missed this show.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.

Shyfted One posted:

So the GBS Halloween costume thread gave the perfect suggestion for a costume this year.

I'll pick up a pair of red Converse oxfords for the shoes and I have a yellow shirt which I don't think I've ever worn, but I'm not sure what to do for the shorts. Jorts? Or somehow find some blue khaki shorts?

Gotta make sure you can shove burgers through the mouth though.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs
http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Voice-Changer-Toysmith-different/dp/B000FK3WDC

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Just got a confirmation email. I'm in the Comic Con press roundtable interview with the cast of Bob's Burgers on Friday! Now I need to think of some questions. A little help, goons?

Atarian fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 9, 2013

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Ask em what their favourite secondary character that came to prominence was.
Regular Sized Rudy is an easy standout, but I've also got soft spots for Doctor Yap and Randy.

And how married are they to the status quo? Will Tina ever get a boyfriend? Will we ever see Mort with that mortician lady again?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Nilbop posted:

And how married are they to the status quo? Will Tina ever get a boyfriend? Will we ever see Mort with that mortician lady again?

Yeah, might be nice to give characters some room to change.
Also maybe a good question: Will they ever do a story arc, a the story that unfolds over several episodes?

mrfart fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 10, 2013

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mrfart posted:

Also maybe a good question: Will they ever do a story arc, a the story that unfolds over several episodes?

Tina meeting the boy in the supermarket and then him coming back for the prom episode was kind of an arc. I agree though, some good arcs would down great in this show. Especially Tina arcs.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Even King of the Hill had things that lasted seasons/changed over time like Dale/Nancy where Luanne lives and Peggy's jobs.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The banged up ice cream machine.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Ask them if they're stuck in a laser-dog bark-fart rut.

Actually, ask them about the possibility of merchandise. The Fox online store is pretty paltry, the costumes on Amazon seem to be sold out, and Behind Bob's Burgers only offers shirts through contests.

Millions fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 10, 2013

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I would buy Bob's Cake T-shirt.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Millions posted:

Actually, ask them about the possibility of merchandise. The Fox online store is pretty paltry, the costumes on Amazon seem to be sold out, and Behind Bob's Burgers only offers shirts through contests.

Could you ask if they plan on releasing full versions of the songs for sale via iTunes or elsewhere? I'd gladly buy "Electric Love", "This Is Working", even the "Boyz 4 Now" songs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Simon Draskovic posted:

Could you ask if they plan on releasing full versions of the songs for sale via iTunes or elsewhere? I'd gladly buy "Electric Love", "This Is Working", even the "Boyz 4 Now" songs.

That "Details" song from the Boyz 4 Now episode is legitimately one of the best parody pop songs I've heard in a good long while, no lie. Even though we only get to hear little snippets of it, it's just so well done. And this is coming from a guy who mainly listens to heavy metal and Rush these days. :v:

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I will not rest until there is a full length Topsy stage show. :colbert:

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.
"Lifting Up The Skirt of the Night" is something I would legitimately purchase from iTunes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How long until we get a backstory episode where Louise loses her bunny hat and covers her head with random things, and we get flashbacks to it's origins?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How long until we get a backstory episode where Louise loses her bunny hat and covers her head with random things, and we get flashbacks to it's origins?

Earsy rider has the first half of that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I heard somewhere that we're suppose to learn the details about Louise and her ears this season.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
I asked Loren if they planned on fleshing out more side characters this season. He said definitely, but wouldn't elaborate. He did say that regular sized Rudy was huge fun to write for, though.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

You're old! You're probably like, sixty!

I am sixty!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

You're old! You're probably like, sixty!

I am sixty!

A sixty year old man, still fighting with his bully.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird thing that they do is unique commercials for Adult Swim. Although they do it all with puppets instead of animation. Just saw one where Bob and Gene start singing a song about killing all the rich people.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
No episode today? Whyyyyy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

No episode today? Whyyyyy.

No episodes until next month. Because baseball.

• Locked thread