Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I had no idea there was so much butt touching in baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Really? I haven't watched a baseball game in a long time, but unless it's changed recently I remember it being like 90% butt touching.

I hate how Fox shows always get preempted by sports. Because there isn't already ENOUGH sports on tv with there being like 800 channels dedicated to it (slightly exaggerated), we have to replace normal shows with it as well. Because SPORTS.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Oh my god, how did I not know BB was back.

I smell fear on you.

(from this guy)

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 20, 2013

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I hate how Fox shows always get preempted by sports. Because there isn't already ENOUGH sports on tv with there being like 800 channels dedicated to it (slightly exaggerated), we have to replace normal shows with it as well. Because SPORTS.

I believe Fox has exclusive access to the World Series, so I guess it makes financial sense for them to postpone everything else.

I still hate it, though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought baseball was just a backdrop for the latest steroids scandal, they still actually show it on network tv?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Really? I haven't watched a baseball game in a long time, but unless it's changed recently I remember it being like 90% butt touching.

I don't know, I have about 1k channels available to me, and at least 75% of them are sports related in some way. There is literally 4 channels dedicated to the Leafs, and 3 to the Jays.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Because of the 30 people that still exist in America without cable that will throw a shitfit if their precious (whatever) is not on primetime TV. Also an archaic ratings system.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I obviously love sports so I have the viewpoint that it's not like we're getting LESS Bob's Burgers, it's just getting pushed back. No big deal to me since I like baseball and bob's burgers. Win/win.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I was only quoting Tina :)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Winklebottom posted:

I smell fear on you.

(from this guy)

From who, sorry?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Nilbop posted:

From who, sorry?

From here, according to the Behind Bob's Burgers tumblr.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Nilbop posted:

From who, sorry?

Ah crap, fixed it.

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

No baseball tonight, is Bob's back?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Pretty sure they're showing some special about Mariano Rivera. There was the possibility of baseball tonight.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Just more dumb Simpsons. I came home thinking I'd get more Bob's Burgers, and just got crap. :smith:

Well, atleast netflix exists...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got the valentines day from last year.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

twistedmentat posted:

I got the valentines day from last year.

Mommy's gettin' arrested.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Winklebottom posted:

I smell fear on you.

(from this guy)

That is pretty awesome. I may have to replace my avatar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Comic book artist Tony Moore did a drawing of Bob and Tina for someone.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I've loved BB for a while, recently a terrible thing happened to my wife and I and during that time she discovered BB after I showed her an episode or 2 in the hopes it'd cheer it up.

It worked so well that we watched all of the previous seasons and are caught up.

It also worked so well that she got to planning on doing a big themed costume idea for halloween with our other friends who thankfully were BB fans as well.

This is what we went out with last weekend in downtown Orlando:

edit: What you can't see is that Bob actually got arm hairs drawn on him by his wife who was Tina in the form of some dry-erase markers or something. Oh and Tina is doing her Capoera in the pic as well.

I was Gene and had so much damned fun running around downtown drunk with a megaphone.

I put it to good use ordering a drink as well as yelling at the homophobic assholes who use their own P/A system to say how homosexuals are ruining the world.

real_scud fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 29, 2013

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The other guy Jimmy Pesto?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

greatn posted:

The other guy Jimmy Pesto?
Junior. So he could dance with Tina.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

yo Tina looks like Molly Shannon. You guys did really well on those costumes though!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I hope the woman playing Linda went around all night saying,
"I'm not getting drunk, I'm having fun!"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Winklebottom posted:

I smell fear on you.

(from this guy)

Is this also a reference to something else? It feels like something I should have seen before.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

real_scud posted:

I've loved BB for a while, recently a terrible thing happened to my wife and I and during that time she discovered BB after I showed her an episode or 2 in the hopes it'd cheer it up.

It worked so well that we watched all of the previous seasons and are caught up.

It also worked so well that she got to planning on doing a big themed costume idea for halloween with our other friends who thankfully were BB fans as well.

edit: What you can't see is that Bob actually got arm hairs drawn on him by his wife who was Tina in the form of some dry-erase markers or something. Oh and Tina is doing her Capoera in the pic as well.

I was Gene and had so much damned fun running around downtown drunk with a megaphone.

I put it to good use ordering a drink as well as yelling at the homophobic assholes who use their own P/A system to say how homosexuals are ruining the world.

It's weird how even though she physically looks the least like her character I can positively hear Linda's voice coming out of party-Linda.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

real_scud posted:

Jimmy Pesto Junior is striking the perfect pose. I recognized him instantly just because of the pose.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Promo for the new episode's up: Seaplane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qadagcbo17g

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

DrBouvenstein posted:

I hope the woman playing Linda went around all night saying,
"I'm not getting drunk, I'm having fun!"
She got a little too drunk to say that so she ended up doing "All right!!" over and over. It worked pretty well.

Nilbop posted:

It's weird how even though she physically looks the least like her character I can positively hear Linda's voice coming out of party-Linda.
It's surprising that it doesn't look like her but she's normally a blonde and in real life the hair dye she used actually made her look a lot like Linda and it was a lot darker than it appears in the picture.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Jimmy Pesto Junior is striking the perfect pose. I recognized him instantly just because of the pose.
Yeah my wife and I were worried that Jimmy wouldn't be able to do his dances properly because we saw him try to do them a few weeks prior and they were bad. His wife, Linda, however had that poo poo nailed down from the start and we said to ourselves that maybe she should be Jimmy since she could do the dance so good. In the end we didn't have to worry because he was dancing up a storm all night and played him perfectly.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

real_scud posted:

She got a little too drunk to say that so she ended up doing "All right!!" over and over. It worked pretty well.

It's surprising that it doesn't look like her but she's normally a blonde and in real life the hair dye she used actually made her look a lot like Linda and it was a lot darker than it appears in the picture.

Yeah my wife and I were worried that Jimmy wouldn't be able to do his dances properly because we saw him try to do them a few weeks prior and they were bad. His wife, Linda, however had that poo poo nailed down from the start and we said to ourselves that maybe she should be Jimmy since she could do the dance so good. In the end we didn't have to worry because he was dancing up a storm all night and played him perfectly.

This all sounds awesome. I'm almost afraid to ask what Louise did all night.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You should definitely tweet that at various cast members and the official Bob's Burgers feed if you haven't.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

greatn posted:

You should definitely tweet that at various cast members and the official Bob's Burgers feed if you haven't.

Yes, do that thing, it's a very good group costume and the Gene is perfect.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

I hadn't thought about that at all, but now it's been tweeted all around the universe.

I'm also really fuckin happy that new episodes are back this weekend.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Welp, mission complete

Kristen Schaal posted:

Kristen Schaal ‏@kristenschaaled 2h

Fun party! Nice touch with Jimmy Junior RT @scudly pic.twitter.com/86aYl7fypZ

Plus I've gotten RT's from Eugene Mirman and John Roberts. Looks like you guys were totally right to tweet at them, the rest of our group isn't really on twitter but I'm showing them some of what people are saying and they're freaking out that it's such a hit with the general Bob's Burgers fan.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rewatching S3. Still fantastic.

"IT'S HELEN HUNT!"

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Nowhere near as cool as the real_scud's group costumes, but my girlfriend and I burger'd it up on Halloween too! Not pictured: the Burger of the Day chalkboard I propped by my front door.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Cute costume, shameful burgs :colbert:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Finally, some fresh hot Bob! :neckbeard:

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Cockroach Blockers Pest Control!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal