Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The movie has a name: "Teen Titans GO! To the Movies" and they've announced that Will Arnett and Kristen Bell will be in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Part of me wants Arnett to be Batman again, but another part doesn't wanna lose Only Laughs Batman.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That was a suggestive showing there Beast Boy, but then again, this isn't the first time this show's been suggestive, and I'm not talking about legs, or even the constant closeups on Robin's rear end either. When they had to get the couch back, they reminisced about the mysterious sticky stain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how WB just lets them do whatever they want like using the new movie Justice League logo for their goofy talent show.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
TTGO is possibly DC's most successful show now if not for the last few years. Outside of Action, which lets face it, is just some dead air early Saturday morning things kids don't even get up for probably; its their Sponge Bob both figuratively and literally as I don't even know if they bother that much with adult direct to DVD videos or batman web cartoons to sell toys. It does whatever it wants and they don't really have anything else to get in its way.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
This dumb show is starting to grow on me.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I can’t not hear Ezekiel whenever Cyborg talks.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They just continue to have the best song writers in toons because I loved Just like Diamonds Cyborg sang for his new favorite girl, wonder woman.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Half-way through season 2 right now and I love the animations. I know it's a kids show, but it's nice to look at and while 90% of the jokes fall inbetween, the old references and in-jokes, especially the DC ones are amusing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"We recognized his name and assumed he was superior."

Yeah, that's how it works. At least for Best Animated.

E: OH MY GOD THE IN MEMORIAM!!!!! THIS SHOW!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Heh, got em good they did.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Man they should've put that weird CG Batman show on there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They probably couldn't. There's some weird rights issue with Beware the Batman seeing as CN was airing it during Toonami for a while but ended up having to marathon the rest of the series one night because after that they weren't allowed to show it again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, CN wrote it off which basically meant permanently waiving their broadcast rights.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, the Green Lantern cartoon really had promise, but was murdered by CN ratfucking DC and Beware the Batman.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The music in this last episode was amazing! I would buy a CD of all the background music.

loving METAL FOR LIFE!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, the Green Lantern cartoon really had promise, but was murdered by CN ratfucking DC and Beware the Batman.

IIRC what actually happened was that it got screwed by the Ryan Reynolds movie flopping. So toy stores had a ton of garbage movie tie in toys that weren't selling and so nobody wanted to carry another batch of toys with the name "Green Lantern" on them.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Half way through season 3 and I think they've improved animations. Probably some extra in-between frames so it looks more fluid.

Ans once again, the best thing about this show is still the animations.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Heh, I always felt Raven and Robin were better for each other than Star or BB. Their basic personalities are pretty down to earth, and when they get ridiculous, they're both completely batshit.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC what actually happened was that it got screwed by the Ryan Reynolds movie flopping. So toy stores had a ton of garbage movie tie in toys that weren't selling and so nobody wanted to carry another batch of toys with the name "Green Lantern" on them.

Oh yeah, but I'm still betting on Beware the Batman being something of a final nail in the coffin when GL bombed. Like if they couldn't even make a good Batman toon, what's the loving point?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To be fair, they gave Beware the Batman a second chance on Toonami.

And then it just still didn't take.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

To be fair, they gave Beware the Batman a second chance on Toonami.

And then it just still didn't take.

No they wrote it off for a tax break, that's why it got pulled from Toonami, same with Sym-Bionic Titan and it's run on Toonami

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I figured it failing to catch on even then was what lead to them writing it off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/scottmenville/status/934152124325175296

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Teen Titans GO: VEGGIE LUNCH

This is the most meta the show's ever gotten.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sometimes I wonder why this show didn't get put on Adult Swim instead. Williams Street would have had a field day doing this kind of stuff and everybody would get the hint that this is a parody show.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The 200th episode was really good. I didn't realize how aggressive of a schedule they have. I honestly don't remember the last time they didn't have a new episode on Friday.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That was pretty self indulgent and sweet :3: The kid becoming a dinosaur was nice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm getting pretty tired of CN acting like every episode of TTG is a big event. I understand the 200th, I understand the holiday special, but do I really need a constant bug telling me that BB and Cy's "Friendship birthday" is in 6 days?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Teen Titans GO exists to troll everyone, so yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh Jesus, they put up the episode after the next On Demand "Mo' Money Mo' Problems" and it is amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/951143528876466176

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The If Aquaman can have a movie, anyone can stopped work amongst me and my coworkers for a solid minute of laughter.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I thought they were getting a much deserved break. That schedule is aggressive as gently caress.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

limp_cheese posted:

I thought they were getting a much deserved break. That schedule is aggressive as gently caress.

"Whatcha doing now? Working-On-An-Episode
Whatcha doing later? Working-On-The-Movie"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To be fair, they probably already finished working on the movie like last year.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I've transcended past the mortal plane of existence where I care about such things and now have entered the Godly plane where I feed on the tears of mad fanboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bumping thread because they've actually started airing new episodes again. Already aired was "Beast Girl" with the Opposite Gender Titans and this Friday they're doing an origins episode explaining how they became the Teen Titans.

• Locked thread