Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Whats the story behind the talking batarang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There was an episode where Cyborg and Robin were doing combo moves together, and they combined Cyborg's boom box with one of Robin's birdarangs, and the electricity made it come to life.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It was a birdarang and one of Cyborg's microchips. Cyborg's boombox merged with Robin's staff to become a robot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Batarang and Boombox are the best characters.

After Dave of course.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

In terms of side characters I was always fond of Painbot. Sticky Joe is too obvious and cliché.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Beast boy did nothing wrong

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Was the Easter Bunny's makeover supposed to be a reference to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or something like that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shitenshi posted:

Was the Easter Bunny's makeover supposed to be a reference to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or something like that?

No.

Not at all.

It doesn't even bear a passing resemblance like most things overzealous idiots claim is a Jojo reference.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
His theme with the macho look has some references to the Terminator theme, so i'm guessing it's a slight T2 reference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, internet, can we get something loving straight?

A dude with muscles is not a loving Jojo reference.

Quit it. You're making us look bad.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes. There at least has to be Italian fashion magazine inspired posing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Yes. There at least has to be Italian fashion magazine inspired posing.

EXACTLY!

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Waffleman_ posted:

Everything is a Jojo reference. Jojo is the original story that our existence is based upon. I haven't seen it yet but I heard it's pretty good, was a bit confused by the different versions but I haven't really looked into it.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was paying more attention to his face than anything else, which looked so much more ridiculous than before if that was even possible and the added insanity of pairing him up with the Khary Payton voiced Tooth Fairy, all I could think of was Yellow Diamond and her one face that was supposedly a Jojo reference. For the record, I haven't even seen Jojo, hence me asking it rather than saying it outright. I was also thinking it was possibly Fist of the North Star, but the Tooth Fairy wasn't getting the stuffing beaten out of her so...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am about 100% sure that this was an episode in the original series.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If I'm remembering correctly, the original episode was exactly the same except that in the original nobody believed Beast Boy about what happened.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I had missed the episode title the first time around which confirmed that it was the intent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, tonight's episode was pretty great. Especially Beast Boy's "origin."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

No, accept that your show has now gone out of control and in the hands of complete strangers to do with as they see fit - which is probably just make muscular pretty men.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I want the productivity booty

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did you like the cool 80s artstyle from The Night Begins To Shine?

Well, you're getting a whole four-night event of it starting August 1!

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Did you like the cool 80s artstyle from The Night Begins To Shine?

Well, you're getting a whole four-night event of it starting August 1!

It's not until august? Because it looks like the CN site accidentally posted part 1 of that instead of the America one from last night.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lord Zedd posted:

It's not until august? Because it looks like the CN site accidentally posted part 1 of that instead of the America one from last night.

No, part 1 being on the app is intentional.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I hope that's the booth for meeting and getting autographs from TTG's creators

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
These people are professional trolls. It's beautiful.

They had a panel at SDCC, right? Do we know what happened?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
If you wanted to watch TTG on cartoon network next week, well, good news

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeesh, I like TTG but I can't disagree with people who say it runs too much

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

TwoPair posted:

Yeesh, I like TTG but I can't disagree with people who say it runs too much

Well, it's apparently "Everyone's favorite show", so...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ixnay posted:

If you wanted to watch TTG on cartoon network next week, well, good news

I just showed this to my niece and nephew, ages 6 and 8 respectively. She said she was upset Gumball wasn't going to be on, he said he was getting sick of TTG when it used to be his favorite show. I think it might be a little much for even the target demographic.
It's almost like CN has been actively discouraging people from watching their broadcast channel. Are they trying to make the transition to app-only?

Oh, conversation's still going in the next room:
"... and say 'You change back Gumball and all of those shows because I LOVE THEM!'"

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I feel like that can't be real but know it is.

Also I just looked at the upcoming episodes synopses and the one after the Night Begins to Shine event seems...off...It's a cross-over with The Lion Guard, some Lion King spin-off on Disney...I...what? Maybe wikipedia is just loving with me though...the grammar is super poo poo in the synopsis so probably?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I'd be all for the seven days of teen titans go if I still had cartoon network. But I don't, so :negative:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
They're playing the movie right now and having never seen the original series, was it honestly this loving cheesy all the time? This isn't even seeing stuff that's been parodied to death being taken seriously like Starfire's bad English or Robin being a bossy twat, it just feels really bad. Like it's something that would just be another forgettable action show for kids.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like the majority of Teen Titans was not as good as people remember it. People only really recall stuff like the myth arc episodes and the standout one-off episodes, but mostly it was the most 14 year old anime fan in the 00s poo poo.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I like Teen Titans Go, especially the first two seasons, but they have too many episodes that end in "actually an evil conspiracy" like the one about Pig Latin and evil pig aliens, that are basically all the same episode

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I know we were just talking about the original series just now, but you mentioning the earlier seasons does bring up something that's been on my mind. More of the newer episodes, maybe not the majority but a significant amount, have played up the characters acting out running gags like the team poking fun at Robin or Beast Boy being stupid as the entirety for ten minutes and just that or random weird plots going off the rails as opposed to the earlier episodes where the team would just interact with each other over normal stuff while still being idiots and having the weirdness slowly escalate from that until it's too late to stop it. I still like this show too but yeah, it does feel samey more often than it needs to.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Also we're overdue for another Lady Legasus episode, because those are some of the show's best

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NO CEELO GREEN CAMEO

E: And Fallout Boy!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Waffleman_ posted:

NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NO CEELO GREEN CAMEO

And Fall Out Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think Thomas DeCarlo Callaway actually voiced his character. It sounded a lot like Robin's VA doing his 80s Kid Skater Dude voice again.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 2, 2017

• Locked thread