Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

muscles like this? posted:

Who were those villains Robin was fighting in his dream sequence? One of them looked kind of like Batman.

Might have been Owlman, Crime Syndicate of America Earth's version of Bats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Man the creators of this show love indulging/taunting Beast Boy/Raven shippers everyone who watched the old show.

They certainly do

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah, frankly I find it a lot funnier when Robin beats things up too much or in a silly manner than when he doesn't do it enough.

FRESH! :byodood:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

40%, 40%, 20% was amazing, until Cyborg said "One shall stand, one shall fall". At that point my jaw dropped and it was unreal.

I somehow missed this episode the first go round.

I think it might be one of the most 80s things ever produced by man. Jesus christ everything about Cyborg's musical adventure. :vince:

Edit:

axleblaze posted:

This is the first time they've done an alternate art style and I wished the show just always looked like that.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 4, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Skychrono posted:

Ahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha that's amazing.

Honestly it just made me feel bad because that person is almost certainly somewhere on the spectrum. Like, there's not liking a particular type of humor but that person legitimately doesn't seem to understand what's going on on a fundamental level half the time. :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The April Fools Episode oh my god. I'm late to the party but some people had to have literally self immolated over this.

The slow dawning realization as I caught on to what this show was doing :allears:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I kinda wanna watch through the series in order and pinpoint the exact time where they just stopped giving a gently caress.

I'm not sure stopped giving a gently caress encapsulates what they do as well as "went mad with power". They hold dominion over the realm of childrens comedy and use their dark and eldritch magicks for one singular purpose

To troll Internet dwellers who are way too attached to a decade old cartoon soap opera

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Which one was that again? It's been a while

It's the one where the Titans prank each other relentlessly, seemingly building up to a boy that cried wolf moral lesson as Raven ignores a crime alert. Then it devolves into melodramatic life lessons, BB proposing to Raven, Robin spontaneously turning into Nightwing and calling for the end of the Teen Titans

Then as both traditional couples are about to kiss they break the fourth wall and mock the audience for falling for this sick april fools joke :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Oh man, I remember that. Where all the pranks are needlessly cruel but the victim keeps on saying it's a good prank while crying. Amazing ep.

KISS ME ROBIN

*sucker punches him as he draws close*

Holy poo poo I will never get tired of them making GBS threads all over the Starfire/Robin ship. Beastboy and Raven on the other hand they seem to pander to and troll in equal measure.

• Locked thread