Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rudoku posted:

Except the first episode, where he was totally gonna eat that magical bacon sandwich.

Well it's magic, man. Raven said it makes you a king. I think I'd make an exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really like Robin trying to reform his hair, going from Bart Simpson to Goku to Sonic the Hedgehog. This episode was great.

e: I really want to make a gif of Robin's face slowly turning into a smile as the hair gel rolls across the floor but it seems WB is really cracking down on Youtube and I can't find a decent video to use anywhere. Oh well, I'm sure if I give it a week, one will turn up (or someone will do it for me).

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 18, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Nobody was ever out of costume in Young Justice, were they?

No, Robin and Kid Flash were a few times. And of course, when Kid Flash and Artemis quit, they were out of costume too.

Hazo posted:

I adore the running gag of Robin basically being an insufferable rear end in a top hat.

Robin really is my favorite part of the show just because of how totally manic he is. The first couple of minutes of the driving test episode probably have made me laugh harder than anything else on the show just because of the scene of Robin smoke-bombing into rooms yelling "GUYS! EMERGENCY!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just got around to watching the last episode and I love it. I will always love jokes about Nightwing's terrible mullet. And that Nightwing/Batgirl staredown at the end was pretty great as well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I got a much bigger kick of her initial attempts to walk as if she'd never done it before and taking a walker to the fight.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'll never get tired of Batman and Gordon just sitting around in random scenes laughing at poo poo.

Also Robin's reaction face to Starfire's comment about not being able to take off the Batgirl costume needs to be a gif ASAP.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The bro-train is probably my favorite visual gag on the show yet. I cracked up both times Cyborg turned into it.

I also liked that the Titans' elevator music is just a muzak version of their old theme song.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Who were those villains Robin was fighting in his dream sequence? One of them looked kind of like Batman.

The purple guy is Plasmus, an actual established DC comics villain; and the goony looking guy was Control Freak, a recurring villain on the old show whose power was a magic remote control and being a spergy gently caress. I don't recognize the blue guy from anything though...

Captain Oblivious posted:

Might have been Owlman, Crime Syndicate of America Earth's version of Bats.

No, it was Kyd Wykkyd, some Z-list guy who showed up in like 2 episodes of the old cartoon and had zero lines during it. It took a lot of googling to find that. Apparently he's supposed to have teleportation powers... you know, when he's not in a dream getting beat up by Super-Robin.

Also this episode was FRESH.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hazo posted:

:catstare: After reading these responses I'm concerned about watching the recorded episode

It's good, it's just... weird.

Cyborg basically becoming Raven is a much better gag than the episode's actual plot and they really should have ran with that as their joke.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PassTheRemote posted:

I love the little gags on the paper.

Hah, I caught the Batmobile lost a wheel joke, but I missed the Bane's Gym one, that's great.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I liked Cyborg turning into a missile immediately after spilling the beans. Man I need to start making gifs out of this show...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

horriblePencilist posted:

I just cracked up when "Ravine" and "Sapphire" showed up. The two had absolutely no interest in putting effort into their disguises.

And "Beast Bob" did? I did like that it was just his comic costume with sideburns.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I really want a gif of Painbot shrugging but I still refuse to look up Teen Titans on tumblr. Then again, they probably wouldn't have it anyway. Also I'm glad Staff-Beatbox is still a thing.

ALL I KNOW ARE GIFS

ALL I KNOW IS ALSO AVATARS IF YOU WANT ONE

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wow, Ducktales and Never Ending Story in one episode? My sides, they are split.

"Man, it was all such a duck blur" - easily the line of the episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Robin being totally bonkers is probably my favorite part of the show. Although I love some of the smaller moments like him just dropping the smoke bomb when Cyborg and Beast Boy started mocking him in the last episode, then not even giving enough of a poo poo to run away.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I went into the episode almost positive at least one Titan's dream would be the style of the old show, so I was kind of patting myself on the back for being right, but then I saw what they were doing with just redubbed lines and cracked up.

Parts Kit posted:

Were those scenes from the Trouble In Tokyo movie?

Yep. Well, I think a couple of clips, like Cyborg and Beast Boy standing in the abandoned building or the Titans East sitting around were from the show but it's been a long time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Does anyone happen to have the gif of Cyborg wearing Raven's cloak saying 'all existence is meaningless' (or whatever the quote was) then floating away? Saw a version with text on it but I can't find it again anywhere.

It's "we live in a meaningless universe". I couldn't find a good one, so I must continue my father's dark work made my own.

Here's a smaller version that's not so huge

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thelaughingman posted:

The TTG comicon panel was recorded and is on youtube.

I've never watched a Comic-con panel but I tried watching this and this is exactly what I expected. Some kids asking cute questions and a lot more questions from embarrassing dorks wanting the show to be more serious.

Also goddamn Greg Cipes is blazed as gently caress.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everyone brings that up as a counterargument but then they never actually watched the show to find that it was actually good. Manson Riddler was bad I'll admit, but Rasta Joker had a bad design but was legit entertaining.

Also The Batman produced The Batman vs Dracula, DC's best animated feature EVER period no arguments.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

The presence of Puffy AmiYumi at the panel is really weird. I'm not going to watch the whole thing, but I imagine they don't have much/any input.

They don't and it is totally weird that they're there. I guess they were short on panel guests and somebody was like "ummm well the girls who sang the original theme song are available?"

"GOOD ENOUGH"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I got a kick out of the "He passed" bit with Cyborg.

"No, he passed"

Well that and the "Where did the grandbabies come from?" "NOBODY KNOWS"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So. Batman and Gordon are totally life partners.

I love that every time they show up it's just to laugh at whatever's happening around them.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Perfect ending.

Also:

This fuckin' show has the best visual gags/callbacks to old comics, I swear.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really liked Raven's line of

"Yeah why should I eat like a rabbit?

... I'm not a rabbit."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think there's only one way to describe this episode.

BEAUTIFUL.

Also Original Teen Titans getting blown up was a great gag.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
When I saw the preview for the episode, I was wondering who would be voicing the different Robins. Then it was just Scott Menville doing different voices and I couldn't stop smiling.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
CN aired it a loooot in the mid '00s, IIRC. Must've been one of those cartoons that they got on the cheap from Canada, like Johnny Test.

Which begs the question: Why, Canada? What did we do to you? Why do you keep doing this?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Was going back and watching the original Teen Titans show to demonstrate to my wife how awesome it was (she's become a big fan of TTG but had never heard of TT). It is not as good as I remember it and maybe it was even not so good a show?

The thing is, Teen Titans was okay, but it didn't age well. It had far more standalone episodes than overarching plots, unlike the series it always inevitably gets compared to, Justice League Unlimited. It was aimed far more at kids, so when anyone over that demographic tries to go watch it again, you end up skipping half the episodes just to get to the good "serious" arcs, all the while raising your eye at the goofy one-offs going "what is this poo poo?".

That said, I still really like a lot of the more serious episodes. I love the one where Robin basically starts hallucinating Slade every time the lights are off because Slade laced his old mask with fear gas.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think peoples' complaints with TT Original Recipe tend to boil down to the funny and serious elements just not meshing that well all the time. TTG is good, because it never tries to be serious and is just all fun all the time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That's fair

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"You're destroying nature's best source of protein and puns!" was probably my favorite line of the night.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flobbster posted:

I've noticed in TTG promos now they have the tag line "Your new favorite show!" or something like that. Just a straightforward like about the ratings, or more trolling of angry haters?

Probably mostly column A.

After all, while the show's staff is obviously aware of the vocal group that hates their show, they don't control their promos at all. That said, if CN's ad department is a group of wise-asses, I wouldn't be shocked if there's a little of column B mixed in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Every romance focused episode on the show makes me laugh.

"uhhh Beast Boy and I are dating"
"Really?"
"Really?
"The really?"
"That's cool"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

"I've been taking a French class"

Zut alooorrrrrrs :zombie:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

readingatwork posted:

Oh my God that taco truck!

I seriously cannot believe I saw a Killing Joke taco truck on a children's TV show. The number of references to (sometimes inappropriate) DC content this show pulls off is kind of astounding.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

well specifically one, shamefully long and terrifically bad fanfic, but the diff. is academic

You know what you must do (I want a link)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

........................ fine

272 chapters 2,635,020 words

There was a sequel, but I think even the author knew how dumb it was and destroyed it from the internet.

Fantastic. I'll never read it all, but I got to the part on page 1 where the OC unsheathes his hanzo steel and that's all I need for a good chuckle.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"SWEAR TO ME you'll have a good summer" - Batman

God this show is great

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

No one gonna try and post pics of those pages?

Here, incredibly large pics for you!

And here's Raven's yearbook

(The Rorschach signature gets clipped by the CN logo so here it is in the earlier shot where Robin tricks Raven into magic-ing him into the book)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I would have updated it a long time ago but I don't know how :downs:

PM/email a mod (I think Deadpool runs TVIV these days)

• Locked thread