Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I also how, even though the animation is fairly cheap and simplistic compared to most of CN's stuff, they cram a ton of stuff into backgrounds in a way that wouldn't really work in the days before HD became the standard. They do a pretty decent job working within their budget, just a random shot of the wall in Robin's room has a ton of little things.

Is that a picture of DKR Bane cut off on the right side?

Tornhelm posted:

GifCam.exe - simplifies the most annoying part, then you can just gently caress around with it in gif editing software of your choice.

VirtualDub is better because you can do all the cropping / editing / resampling in one place.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

horriblePencilist posted:

It's a shame, but I'm glad the show still gets enough support for (at least) another season.
I just feel kind of bad for the staff of the show. They were really excited about bringing the Titans back, and had crazy fun working towards the show. You kept hearing the VAs talk about how fun the recording sessions were and how excited they are to have the fans see episodes they personally like.
They must be getting a lot of complaints and downright hate from the same people who praised them from the beginning of the previous show up until now.

Why haven't people involved in TV shows / movies / anything really learned to stay off social media? It's a trail of tears, every time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Macaluso posted:

A) Shouldn't Beast Boy be against burritos since he's a vegetarian?
B) Cyborg's burger song is the greatest.

BUNS KETCHUP PICKLES CHEESE PUT THAT PATTY IN BETWEEN IT'S BURGER

WHAT WHAT

IT'S BURGER

I had that stuck in my head for like a week after watching that episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I got so caught up in Pokemon Y I forgot to post the preview, but man Starfire the Terrible was a great episode. I'm really enjoying those signature TTG-endings where no one ends up learning anything at all.

I'm not sure most of the gang survived to learn anything.

It killed me every time Starfire pushed a button on her cardboard console and went "boop beep!" followed by some huge deathtrap opening up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

abraham linksys posted:

The secret of Teen Titans is that Robin was actually Jason Todd the whole time :aaa:

e: also, in retrospect, how loving weird is it that the characters in Teen Titans are in-costume the whole time? It's the only cartoon I can think of where they only have superhero identities - though I could imagine maybe one of the X-Men cartoons doing the same thing, considering in both cases no one is trying to lead a double life.

Nobody was ever out of costume in Young Justice, were they?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hey Mazerunner, what did you think of Beast Boy's song?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

the culminator posted:

I honestly don't know whether the episode or the batman beyond clip was better. Fantastic.

I would've said the Beyond short if it didn't end right before it was gonna get good :argh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hazo posted:

Also Hynden Walch started accidentally reading Trigon's lines during the table read which was hysterical. I should find that DVD.

I was watching Attack on Arkham last night and saw in the credits that she voiced Harley Quinn, and was wondering where I'd seen her name before. I looked her up on IMDB and had no idea she voiced Starfire and Princess Bubblegum, although they do sound similar now that I think about it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, Hynden voiced Harley? That's....hard to imagine. Didn't Tara voice her in City?

Yeah, she actually did a pretty good job of sounding somewhere between Tara Strong and Arleen Sorkin.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

TwoPair posted:

I got a kick out of the "He passed" bit with Cyborg.

"No, he passed"

Well that and the "Where did the grandbabies come from?" "NOBODY KNOWS"

The delivery of those lines followed by the protracted stare at the screen got the biggest laugh out of me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Beast Boy finding out about his future self was definitely the highlight of this episode, but Robin's short remark of having a strategy for Starfire marrying someone else was up there too.

My favorite was how there was no answer to "When did we get a time machine?"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That ending :stare:

After a couple weaker episodes it's nice to see TTG back in full swing. This was probably the best sudden ending yet.

That ending was some kind of crazy trigger for my 5 year old. He wouldn't go to bed last night until I had deleted it off the DVR.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

His behavior was a lot like Jason Todd, although his costume seemed a lot like Tim Drake. Definitely not Damian Wayne, though. What's funny is that the regular robin seemed to be dick Grayson (especially since he's night wing in the future) yet we clearly had the original robin, and that we already saw Jason Todds ashes. Really grim in retrospect.

You may notice that Teen Titans Go is not exactly huge on continuity, considering some or all of the team has died in multiple episodes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

My canon ending is the one where Silkie turned into a luck dragon.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hazo posted:

I'm like 90% sure Khary Payton is the guy in that Verizon commercial about taking down Christmas decorations.

He voices the baby in that one State Farm commercial with the mime.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That was a disgusting episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The problem with you guys is that you were watching loving Totally Spies in the first place.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Applewhite posted:

Which do you think was a worse Canadian cartoon: Atomic Betty or Johnny Test?

Johnny Test wins on number of whipcrack sound effects per episode alone.

Comedy answer: Any given iteration of Total Drama Island.

Crabtree posted:

Canada is this starved for home grown content with ratings. Better to deal with a devil that pulls revenue in than the ones that get absolutely nothing at all?

And yet, Clone High and Wolverine & The X-Men got cancelled after one season.

Applewhite posted:

Was going back and watching the original Teen Titans show to demonstrate to my wife how awesome it was (she's become a big fan of TTG but had never heard of TT). It is not as good as I remember it and maybe it was even not so good a show?

Teen Titans was really bad, aside from a stretch of episodes a few seasons in. There's a reason it gets mocked mercilessly on TTG.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 12, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hazo posted:

I'm curious, which stretch are you referring to here?

I don't remember exactly what season, but the ones with Terra / Deathstroke and the Trigon ones I remember being pretty good. They'd mostly dropped the anime poo poo by then.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

NarwhalParty posted:

You all forget the worst travesty to come out of TT, the Puffy AmiYumi Show.

He considers jpop "really good" so he's probably used to enjoying terrible things.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Can't wait for every person who hasn't seen the original series in 10 years to get salty about it.

I know they already have, but my fries are bland and I need more.

"DEAR THE CARTOON NETWORK, THIS TIME YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR, FURTHERMORE"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gaunab posted:

Eh, I'm more on the side of wanting a justice league comedy or if they do do another serious show, change it up. For me young justice was too much like JLU except not as good.

Brave and the Bold was kind of like a Justice League comedy. It hit a pretty good balance of being funny but not too goofy. Goofy works for TTG but I don't think the same would necessarily work for a Justice League show, especially since TTG is already doing it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Irisi posted:

The Etrigan one is kind of amazing.

As is R'as Al Ghul signing himself off with a little flower, and Superboy doing that angular "S" thing all children inexplicably doodle at some point in their lives.

Why does everyone do that? I feel like a study needs to be done.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm starting to think that Teen Titans Go takes place in an alternate universe where the Robin who led the TItans is Jason Todd. Also super glad to have this show back, it's great to have a comic book show that doesn't take itself too seriously now and again,

Whatever universe TTG takes place in, Jason Todd is dead in it.

Of course, I guess that means little since the entire team dies every other episode.
Also, future Robin is Nightwing, but again, continuity means nothing in this show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

From memory, the Doom Patrol, Terra / Deathstroke, and Trigon episodes were all good. As far as "funny" episodes go, the one where Beast Boy gets a fast food job was pretty good too. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

A lot of the other "serious" episodes are exactly the kind of thing TTG was mocking in the "Let's Get Serious" episode though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Crabtree posted:

Or that with TTGO being the most popular show on CN right now, there could easily be talks for another more serious teen titans show now more than ever before. This show has more than likely quadrupled the potential fans of Teen Titans and planted a seed bed of kids that could probably live with and enjoy another series down the line, comedy or action. Everyone from the executives, writers, sound producers, voice cast down to kids that were possibly four years old back in 2003, yet now love Robin, Cyborg, Raven, Beastboy and Starfire; they all love this show. The sky is the limit for the franchise right now and yet some people still can get over THE BETRAYAL of finding out GO wasn't "a real super hero show" on April 23rd, 2013.

CN and DC could likely announce a return to old TT form in 2018 and the die hards would probably attempt to boycott it because they'll never forgive that GO ever existed.

Aren't they planning to make a live-action Titans show? Watch the real tears flow when that one comes out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I mean the promo commercials from before the show premiered were terrible, but that's only because it made it look like an entire show of the "funny" episodes of the original series. Personally I love how mercilessly they mock the original and its whiny fans.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

LORD OF BUTT posted:

They're things the characters all still do. Robin is still a karate badass, he's just also kind of a lovesick doofus with an amoral streak on top of that. Raven is still half demon, she's just the best character now instead of being boring. Cyborg still does mechanic poo poo and works on the car and etc, but he also likes pie and is bros with Beast Boy. Beast Boy and Starfire are... basically the same, except BB is a little dumber and they make stoner jokes about him.

It's completely ridiculous. It's like he's never watched the drat show.

Exactly, the only thing TTG does is take their personalities from the original series and exaggerate them to make them not lame and boring. Cyborg and Beast Boy have been bros as far back as the original comics so I can't imagine anyone having an issue with them getting into wacky poo poo together.

I think my favorite thing about the show is that you can just tell how much fun everyone involved has with it, just through the voice acting.

frank.club posted:

There's no continuity in this show dude

There is a tiny bit. Robin and Raven's fondness for puns is my favorite example. Also the side characters like Super Robin and the boombox.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 13, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Why would you pay for TTG episodes, especially new ones, they rerun like 5 times a day.

Also they're free on the CN website:
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/teen-titans-go/the-return-of-slade-episode.html

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shnag posted:

Who is Teen titans go target audience? Paying homage to a twenty year old show isn't something alot of kids would get, even with reruns. Though that episode was hilarious. The Titans switch from being obsessed with their arms to being obsessed with their legs, in both cases they are so drat pumped about it. And rather than strike a balance between their arms and legs, they just give up on their legs all together after one last strut.

What is the twenty year old show they were referencing? 20 years is on the low side for a show that's referenced DuckTales and Small Wonder.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That one was pretty explicitly Sailor Moon in particular, though.

Shnag posted:

The Sailor moon homage. Its 20+ years old, even counting reruns it is an old show. I know there is a reboot of the show, but i dont know if there is an english version nor if its popular in north america.

Oh, that. I thought for sure that Sailor Moon started in the '80s but I looked it up and sure enough it was early '90s.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

I did not like tonight's episode. It was gross and just kind of unpleasant.

Yeah, that poo poo was nasty as hell.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This episode was fantastic, but I have to wonder if there's a single kid in its target demographic that would understand it at all.

Waffleman_ posted:

Anime fans are chill and don't really have the sense of unwarranted self-importance a lot of adult fans of western animation do.

:lol: best joke in this thread

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 10, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That's not what he meant.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

That one and the one where Beast Boy stays a gorilla are the only episodes I really dislike. The tooth eating one is just gross, while the gorilla episode has Beast Boy just acting like a huge rear end in a top hat for no reason and not in a funny way.

Those two and Hot Garbage are my least favorites. Sometimes they just go Ren & Stimpy level gross and it's really not my thing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dammit, have I been missing new episodes all week?

I just watched the NIGHT BEGINS TO SHINE one, that one was beautiful from start to finish.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Funny that Cyborg did not transform into a 1980s Optimus Prime truck.

He did the Hulk Hogan comeback, what more do you want from him.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ManlyGrunting posted:

Guess what the internet managed to scare up? I didn't realize it was a real song. :allears:

e: And it's on itunes! :swoon:

It's been on iTunes since "40%, 40%, 20%" aired, I think.
They had a block of TTG episodes on this afternoon and I hadn't realized that song showed up first in the Scary Terry episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Golden Girls references had me rolling that whole episode. Even in death Bea Arthur can't be hosed with.

"Not even your sardonic wit can make him a pal and a confidant."

• Locked thread