Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Welcome to your new favorite thread!

Teen Titans GO, like Teen Titans from way back in 2003, is a show based on the titular DC superhero team made up of Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven.
Unlike Teen Titans from way back in 2003, however, this show abandons the heavy focus on continuity, serious storytelling and teenie drama for a more lighthearted show filled with reckless humor, bold colors, songs and silly stories with no regard towards anything the previous might have stood for. And it's pure, unbridled fun.
Season 3! 100+ episodes! Here we go!

The Cast

Robin is the leader of the Team Titans. And he REALLY wants everyone to know. He takes is job way too seriously and becomes a bumbling mess when things don't go his way. He's also a huge dork with too much self esteem, as he shows off his sweet staff nijitsu skills to random people and keeps half naked pictures of himself on his computer.
(VA: Scott Menville)

Cyborg is the "computer guy" of the Titans and, well, a cyborg. He usually hangs out with Beast Boy or builds stuff. Despite him being the party guy and tank of the team, he's actually a huge nerd about outdated technology, old series and other stuff no one cares about, and will not hesitate to engage goon mode on the entire team if he thinks it's necessary.
(VA: Khary Payton)

Starfire is actually a princess from a faraway planet and still hasn't quite settled in. She often has problems getting used to Earth customs and causes confusion. She also gets easily entertained, you could probably distract her by jiggling your car keys. Her powers include flying, laserbeams from her eyes and believing anything Beast Boy tells her.
(VA: Hynden Walch)

Beast Boy is a green guy who can turn into animals.
(VA: Greg Cipes)

Raven fires sarcasm, disinterest and indifference 24/7. She gets easily annoyed by her teammates and prefers to read or watch Pretty Little Pegasus by her lonesome. She's also the daughter of Satan or something.
(VA: Tara Strong)

The "Story"

There really isn't a story to speak of. Each episode might have a plot, but it's self-contained and usually about the Teen Titans messing around in their spare time. A surprising number of episodes actually ends with the Titans dying, or at the very least something irredeemable.
Considering Teen Titans is a show about superheroes, there's actually very little superhero-ing done (cept that one time where Robin rids all crime), and I'm pretty sure they've done well more harm to the city than anyone else in the show.

The Sights

Although Teen Titans Go's art style is more simplified compared to it's predecessor, it looks just great. The colors are supercharged, the designs are crisp and everything is colorful. It's like gluing fairydust to your retinas. The backgrounds look distinctive, palettes perfectly handpicked and the show features some of the sweetest typography I've ever seen in a cartoon, it's plain gorgeous. Teen Titans also is probably one of the best stops when you need amazing faces. There's no end to the amazing faces in Teen Titans GO.

The Numbers
Contrary to what people might tell you, Teen Titans Go! is actually doing really well. And I mean REALLY well. It consistently ranked as not only Cartoon Network's most popular show, but also as the #1 show for children of the age 6-11. They aren't calling it "Your new favorite show" for nothing.

Also this show brought us this sweet Trigon plush so that's pretty neat!

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2015 around 19:20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Next Episode: Books
Airs October 2

The Titans learn the wonderful magic of books (yeah right ), but as they come across a certain book, all of their imagination comes to life.

Watch the preview here!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

One of my favorite TTG moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN5Tn6AV74Q

And on more Titans-related stuff, have this interview with a Greg Cipes that sounds stoned as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9TqzZP7sG0

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

axleblaze posted:

Looking around the web it's amazing how much hate this show has for not being "serious" enough. Alot of people really just want it to fail because they feel Young Justive was cancelled because of it and they're just against the very concept of a completely silly DC show.

It's a shame, but I'm glad the show still gets enough support for (at least) another season.
I just feel kind of bad for the staff of the show. They were really excited about bringing the Titans back, and had crazy fun working towards the show. You kept hearing the VAs talk about how fun the recording sessions were and how excited they are to have the fans see episodes they personally like.
They must be getting a lot of complaints and downright hate from the same people who praised them from the beginning of the previous show up until now.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

If anyone here is going to attend an anime convention soon, do the thread a favor, find some Teen Titans cosplayers, walk up to them and ask, "Oh hey, is that Teen Titans Go cosplay?"

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

This show is pushing all the buttons of their fans. I love it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Next Episode: Lazy Sunday
Airs 9th October

It's Lazy Sunday, and to the dismay of the rest of the Titans, Cyborg and Beast Boy ain't moving a muscle! (Note: It's actually Tuesday)
When Robin replaces their beloved couch with a treadmill, the both must start to get used to a more active lifestyle.

Watch the preview here!

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2013 around 15:31

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fantastic episode, that workout montage was amazing.

In other news, I love Vines from the TTG staff.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I got so caught up in Pokemon Y I forgot to post the preview, but man Starfire the Terrible was a great episode. I'm really enjoying those signature TTG-endings where no one ends up learning anything at all.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Jesus this episode was amazing. However, is it me or did the music feel different?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

New preview is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hnt5-feRe8

I am giddy at the possibilities being presented by this premise. #SaveYoungJustice

For some reason, for the first few seconds I assumed this was a normal superhero cartoon then the computer rejected Robin's voice command and I remembered this show is so much more.

Edit: Updating the OP with essentials:

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2013 around 22:09

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Oh god this episode had me in stitches. The ending was fantastic. I also second TwoPair's request.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I can't believe this show still manages to throw me for a loop. I actually thought the guys were going to learn a lesson there, but nope.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

After a tiny break, the final episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go airs this Wednesday! There's no preview, but it's a Christmas episode and will prominently feature Starfire's gullibility, so you can't go wrong with that!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I completely forgot the show was back on air! I think they're putting the ponies a bit too much into the foreground but you seriously can't hate on stuff like this.

Oh and I really want to use this sometime soon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Jesus how can a robot be so adorable and horrifying at the same time?

Anyway, this episode was interesting from a storyboard perspective; an important part of dialogue is being able to express different things by saying the same line in different manners; just saying "waffles" in that case is pretty much masterclass for that exercise.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Favorite part:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

jscolon2.0 posted:

Red X and Stone. Some quality continuity on this one.

I just cracked up when "Ravine" and "Sapphire" showed up. The two had absolutely no interest in putting effort into their disguises.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I really want a gif of Painbot shrugging but I still refuse to look up Teen Titans on tumblr. Then again, they probably wouldn't have it anyway. Also I'm glad Staff-Beatbox is still a thing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

^^ I loved how Cyborg immediately stopped rooting for Painbot as soon as he lost. I guess that's the flip side of those competitions.

TwoPair posted:

ALL I KNOW IS ALSO AVATARS IF YOU WANT ONE

Awwww man, I might have to drop Vacuum-Raven for this one.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The only thing more satisfying than the ending is that you know everything will be normal again by the next episode. Also, points for Killer Moth for just straight up dropping Silkie instead of waiting to get beat up.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

The "DCU Tube" part around 50 seconds into this preview video is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWUCd2oOsQ

Teen Titans No? Lobo vs Space Jam? I am home.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

thelaughingman posted:

Next episode is going to be even more weird.

Oh gosh yes

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Robin dreaming in old Teen Titans-vision is absolutely perfect. It works on too many levels.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

PassTheRemote posted:

I missed that when I was watching that episode. It seems that Teen Titans Go loves actively trolling Young Justice fans and fan of the old Teen Titans series. Please Teen Titans Go, never stop trolling.

TTG is practically the inventor of reverse fan service and I love it. Never stop

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

What a great way to start off the next season.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Man Person was an absolutely fantastic episode especially if you're looking for gif material.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

These are all exact things from last year, though Greg was wearing a mouse onesie and nothing else. Oh and everyone danced at several points.

Goddamn I'll probably watch the whole thing actually last year it was nice hearing Robin's VA say he got some crazy lines sometimes and how much fun he had with that and now it's gone to the point where they actively write Robin to suit his VA better.

Didn't he rap at one point, with mixmaster mike backing him up?
Also that crossover is gonna be fantastic.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Lots of great visual gags in this one. Also smart Starfire is indistinguishable from Princess Bubblegum.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Of course Robin wears braces.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I want a bike that has "Hug Life" on it too.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Oh man this might have been the best ending in the show yet.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Beast Boy finding out about his future self was definitely the highlight of this episode, but Robin's short remark of having a strategy for Starfire marrying someone else was up there too.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I want a never-ending supply of Robin-centric episodes.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

This one was a little too generic for my taste. I was hoping Robin would turn out to be right to give the "girl episode" more of a unique spin, but oh well.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

That ending

After a couple weaker episodes it's nice to see TTG back in full swing. This was probably the best sudden ending yet.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

It's simple: We eat the Batman.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Once again, great background jokes. Check the cereal boxes in the drawer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

His behavior was a lot like Jason Todd, although his costume seemed a lot like Tim Drake. Definitely not Damian Wayne, though. What's funny is that the regular robin seemed to be dick Grayson (especially since he's night wing in the future) yet we clearly had the original robin, and that we already saw Jason Todds ashes. Really grim in retrospect.

«3 »