Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

raditts posted:

You may notice that Teen Titans Go is not exactly huge on continuity, considering some or all of the team has died in multiple episodes.

You didn't hear me complain about the Robin that's not even canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm more partial to Beastboy's dream, to be frank.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I finally had the chance to catch up on the last 4 episodes, and man is it good to be back. Glad Crazy Day justified the thread title again.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Parts Kit posted:

And thus a new generation of inflation fetishists was born. :xd:

It was basically a deviant art comic.

Nevertheless, it's funny how Raven was the only member to have a sixpack.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Aw man I really like this show

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I love stripes!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
That fight scene was actually really impressive.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
After doing some research, I've updated the OP a little. I never knew TTG was this successful.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just noticed the next episode (titled "Yearbook Madness") will be the last episode of Season 2. Since we know nothing of Season 3 other than it's coming, it's probably going to take a while till we get new episodes after that.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I've been pausing at every yearbook page. So many references. Alfred left an adorable message on Starfire's yearbook thanking her for taking care of Richard :allears: Dr. Manhattan and The Comedian show up.

That Kyle Rayner doodle was adorable.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

readingatwork posted:

Can we please make this the new thread title?

I would have updated it a long time ago but I don't know how :downs:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Great, now I bought Platinum for nothing :v:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

thelaughingman posted:

TTG has really made an impressions on DC comics in general.

Oh man, I haven't shown you all the variant covers yet.

Hope that's all of them!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanna know how mad people are at these covers.

I hope one person has called them worse than the Batgirl cover "because at least that was referencing something GOOD :reject:"

My favorite one was the guy who claimed that no one will buy the variants, thus making DC cancel TTG.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I thought season 2 ended with Yearbook Madness, guess I was wrong. Loved the sound effects episode, though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
My favorite part about TTG, aside from the manchildren who's heads are lightyears under the joke, has got to be how much of an example it is against the "kids shows to tell powerful stories"-movement that AV Club and tumblr are so obsessed about. They can slap as many buzzwords they picked up from Psychology 101 on their Adventure Time-review as they want and can keep praising Steven Universe for not conforming to the gender binary or something, but in the end kids still want to watch a dumb show about Food and goofy heroes.

Fake Edit: looking at AV Club, they seem to absolutely refuse to talk about TTG, and if they do, it's labeled as anything but. It's really bizarre how the Internet wants to keep the show's popularity a dark secret.
Fake Edit II: Oh drat we're already at season 3!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Are you really actually upset that people spend more time talking about the shows that have more complex themes and spend less time talking about the shows that have less complex themes?

Not sure where you got the "really upset"-part from, I still watch them, I'm just burnt out from the noodle arm teen drama. I find it refreshing to see an alternative not only do well, but actually become the most popular kids' show on current television.

Going back to sour TTG-reviews: deviantArt has some great pieces too: http://tohokari-steel.deviantart.com/art/OTD-Teen-Titans-Go-Waffles-476835324

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
40%, 40%, 20% was amazing, until Cyborg said "One shall stand, one shall fall". At that point my jaw dropped and it was unreal.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If this was 2008 Mr Enter would definitely use an NES Zapper to shoot an After Effects gradient at a superimposed picture of the Teen Titans.
Also, really digging Menville's Daffy Duck-laughter.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

God of Evil Cows posted:

I love this show and intend to introduce it to a friend tomorrow. I'm planning on sitting down with him and watching approximately five episodes.

The five that come to mind are:

1. Sandwich Thief
2. Staring at the Future
3. 40%, 40%, 20%
4. Multiple Trick Pony
5. Colors of Raven

Anybody have any better suggestions?

What, no Let's Get Serious?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm loving all these "blatant death"-scenes, and Cyborg killing the flower was no exception.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I can relate with Robin far too much. I need to lay off the conspiracy theories.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
At first I thought Wally T was some 6 year old who wrote a letter to the TTG guys but this is even better. The question is, how is Mr Enter gonna find a reason to hate it?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Respect coal miners

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This might be the first episode I didn't enjoy. The time travel part was fantastic, but most of the jokes felt like they were outsourced from worse shows, and the "girls rule boys drool" theme was far more heavy handed than in other episodes like the first 2 Girl's Night Out. They also kept forcing reaction jokes like they were desperate to hit the gif-quota and you kept ending up with shots that went on longer than necessary and felt really isolated from the rest. Shame they spent a two-parter on this.

Fake Edit: Apparently this episode was written by Ben Gruber, who also wrote two more episodes of the show, Hose Water and Two Bumblebees And A Wasp, which were two great episodes. Guess it's a hit or miss with this guy.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Guess who's joining Lego Dimensions!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
"He's not telling me what I should do, he's telling me what I am doing!"

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Re: Hating PPG, it seems people are convinced TTG! is a worse reboot than the new PPG show. That's gotta be some serious denial at work here, but I guess it makes sense when you consider the original Powerpuff show never took itself serious.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I can't believe there hasn't been an OST for the show. Even if you leave out the background music, there's been so many good tracks and this special only contributed to the great track record.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If I was a high school teacher, I'd have every student watch the episode on spirit animals. It'd save them a lot of trouble.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Can we make the thread title a transcript of Beast Boy's trash talk?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

They had an official gag dub in the episode Dreams. You should watch that one.

HEY GHOST!!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

God of Evil Cows posted:

I was rewatching "Garage Sale" just now and for the first time I realized just how much effort the writers put into the actual garage sale scene. In just 20 seconds, the scene introduces five characters and gives an insight into who they are and why they are there, which was a level of detail that I missed on first viewing.

This is really neat. I wonder if there are more little gems hidden in the other episodes.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 14, 2016

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I remember watching the Red X episode and while yelling at Robin Cyborg was playing Tic Tac Toe with their heads and wins. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to convey with that.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

TheFattestPat posted:

Maybe one day a 3rd Teen Titans show will come out, and everyone will be mad because it won't be like GO.

I'll be spearheading that movement

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'd also watch the Kid Flash episode, its pretty good and gives a lot of context to "Multiple Trick Pony".

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Did they get new animators? This episode felt way more energetic than anything else. I haven't had this much of a rush from slapstick comedy since watching old Tom and Jerry stuff.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Disneyphilip posted:

Pieces of immature hate art like this make me soooooo angry:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Teen-Titans-GO-got-Dipped-511016320

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Teen Titans GO: (I'm against sadism, but this is the one exception.)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The ironic thing is this is exactly the kind of dark joke they might make on the actual show. They're not exactly shy about killing off the Titian's or making references to the old show.

In fact, the original Teen Titian's Coming back and trying to murder the new Teen Titian's Go crew could be a pretty funny episode.

It'd be great if the original Teen Titans showed up to clean up the TTG crew's act, but unfortunately for them the rules of TTG apply for them too so original Robin ends up failing at everything, Beast Boy and Cyborg keep getting distracted by videogames and food and so on until they too end up acting exactly like the TTG gang.
It'd be a nice display of how the characters of the new show are basically just an extension of the personalities of the originals, only to be ignored by the naysayers.

Actually now that I think about it I would love an episode based on all the claims that even the writers are sick of the show because they keep making episodes to show how TTG sucks in comparison to the original. Imagine an episode in which the writers send messages to the Teen Titans asking for their help to save them from the executive producers who force them to write crappy episodes against their will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I watched YJ when it was on, but boy did I not want it to come back. Weissman needs to learn that the industry isn't there to clean up the messes he leaves when his 500-season epos gets cut short. Force him to write a miniseries or something.

• Locked thread