Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Crabtree posted:

Wasn't there like some webcomic that perfectly touched on how all the fans of Starfire from Teen Titans (early 2000s and now GO!) would probably be immediately repulsed if they saw the current comic version of Starfire? Because it's just amazing how DC is so focused in this "WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE DARK AGE OF COMICS" suicide slide that even the films are echoing this poo poo, yet the cartoons are breaths of fresh air that all of DCU would benefit from inhaling and chilling the gently caress out from.

I think you mean this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm really depressed by all the marketing I keep seeing about how great Black Friday is.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I keep thinking they're going to have to tone Robin's insanity down at some point, and they keep finding ways to ratchet it up.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It definitely seemed like a reference to something, given that she immediately dropped her normal personality to go full-tilt into the coconut cream pie gag.

She's Mary Ann in the extended Gilligan reference. Was Mary Ann obsessed with pies or domesticity?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I just realized that everybody is a few shades darker in the Island Adventure episodes and that's why my attempts to adjust the TV colors during that week didn't work.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

You can buy Season 4 on the Play Store now. Only, the first episode is season only, and you can't buy the season yet.

Why has streaming got to be like it is?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Disneyphilip posted:

An article that Mr. Enter, PIEGUYRULZ and all the other morons that still hate TTG need to read:
http://notable.ca/our-generation-needs-to-stop-being-offended-by-everything-and-learn-how-to-take-a-joke/

That doesn't really seem to have much to do with their dysfunction at all, in addition to be wrong.

(The thing that's wrong with Mr. Enter is that they think all entertainment needs to be aimed at them and thus judge everything by how much it reminds them of what they liked at the peak of their lives.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This show manages to find ways to keep getting more surreal.

Also, Batman's marriage to Commissioner Gordon has moved into the territory of "not even subtext" at this point.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

In other news, I realized something that really interests me about the way this show is written. It has four characters who are basically good-natured broad parodies of their Teen Titans personalities, and then, there's Robin.

Robin is not a "good-natured parody" of the Teen Titans character. Robin is a middle-finger raised at that whole archetype. TTG Robin is basically the writers saying "we apologize for ever implying that somebody who acts like this was a cool, brooding leader and not a creepy, obsessive weirdo."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

So, have they just stopped adding new episodes to streaming services? The new ones aren't on Google Play for this or SU after a few weeks.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Huh, they added this one to the Google Play season but are still missing the last three.

How does this even work?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I really appreciate the way that in "BBRae" they actually had everything Beast Boy was thinking about in the episode became part of the final song.

Even Robin was actually able to make his crazy helpful, by showing Beast Boy how to use his fears and neuroses to make art!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I like that they didn't bother to do any explaining of the circumstances where Robin was outed as a closeted leprechaun.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Andrew_1985 posted:

There was a previous episode where he was outed. There were also DBZ references.

I know that; I just like that they didn't bother explaining any of that this time.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

If I'm remembering correctly, the original episode was exactly the same except that in the original nobody believed Beast Boy about what happened.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The moral is that techno mixes of songs are evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, they've occasionally done plots, so I guess I could see it?

Actually, the best joke might be to use the TTG style to do a completely sincere and serious action-comedy plot.

• Locked thread