Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
My favourite understated joke is how the "serious" firepower is even more outlandish and absurd then what they usually use.

Come to think of it, this seemed way more of a dig against the comics than either the Young Justice or Teen Titans show.

e: scratch that, it's the fact that when they're serious it inverts the dynamic of the Starfire/Robin relationship.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

raditts posted:

"DEAR THE CARTOON NETWORK, THIS TIME YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR, FURTHERMORE"

Is he seriously complaining that a show focused more on the titular characters than the ones from a different franchise? :allears:
Good lord, this must be how the Emperor in Star Wars felt all the time, no wonder he was in such a great mood all the time.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm starting to think that Teen Titans Go takes place in an alternate universe where the Robin who led the TItans is Jason Todd. Also super glad to have this show back, it's great to have a comic book show that doesn't take itself too seriously now and again,

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I was just making a joke, I know he's the nondescript probably Grayson of the original cartoon. :v: I do like how the scripts are increasingly just becoming excuses for Scott Meville to ham it up, he's just having so much fun. I never knew how much I needed Robin suffering in my life until this cartoon. :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I have to wonder how old these fans are. I watched the show when I was 13-14 (which I imagine is roughly the target age) and I'm 24 in a few weeks, it seems weird for someone my age to make such a big deal out of "betraying the fandom" (I bet these are the same schlubs who didn't like Brave and the Bold). Was this show really popular among younger kids or live on in reruns for years? Because this seems like weird behavior for a fanbase that should be in their early twenties or so.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I thought it was pretty funny, myself. Half of it was because I have a friend who I know would freak the ever-loving poo poo out at this episode. Kind of gave me a Psychonaut vibe.

Also if you want a nice dose of manchildren getting salty about getting called on their poo poo and having it sail right over their heads,(and I know it never quite gets old :allears:) This shmuck should fit the bill, the comments are solid gold too. He's done other episodes and one where he does the depressing time travel episode of the original that's 100% just an excuse to kvetch, but I'll be damned if I'm trawling through his archive, I can feel the :tvtropes: from 50 yards.

e: "The original show held up perfectly, but as a fully functional adult I can appreciate them fully" loving :laffo:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 16, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The comments explicitly names that guy I linked earlier as inspiration and the voice of these guys too, I guess he's the closest they get to actual criticism instead of descending into sound and fury. Maybe I should link his other "Toddler Titans" (sic) reviews, I may have stumbled onto something beautiful here.

e: holy poo poo this is gold, he recommends Kill la Kill as an alternative :laffo:
e2: "Steel took a puff of marijuana" For all the ranting about "MY CHILDHOOD" they are pretty quick to suggest the brutal maiming and death of their favourite characters. Also the creators for the grevious sin of not taking their favourite show from ten years ago seriously, but that's a given.
Also this guy is apparently 23, holy poo poo. How the hell do you write this poorly at 23, I honestly would have guessed he was 15/16 by how he wrote.

elastoneIswear: I was going to mock him liking a pony/kingdom hearts bit, but right next to it was this nice little bit of lunacy. What is it with people way into childrens cartoons and right-wing nationalism? :stare: Lots of stuff against Sarkeesian, feminism and SJWs too. And under "Literature" the first thing is fanart of an Anne Rice novel. This is a deep-rear end rabbit hole I have found myself in, his "top 30 characters" bit is elucidating, and not just because he uses capital letters on TvTropes terms like they're proper nouns.

Alright one more, same dude's review for Breaking Bad. Although review is kind of the wrong word, since it's borderline incomprehensible and I don't think there's any actual criticism, analysis or observations, just two guys recounting what happened to set up zingers like they're trying to write themselves into the role of the robots from Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I didn't know it was possible to get so little out of the show. His little not-YJ bit is pretty amateur too.

Alright, time to show off the Mr Enter stuff. For your viewing pleasure
His depressing time travel episode from the original series. Sort of a palatte cleanser, decent if kind of basic look at a good episode.
He immediately goes for the TTG spoof on it, of note is him getting upset that Nightwing marries Batgirl like in the comics
Here is Waffles, which I kind of find weird that everyone jumps to as the trump card of "this show isn't good, checkmate, Christians 1 Atheists 0 :smug: ", it's an episode that tries something, and the show is good at just throwing things to the wall to see what works, and if it doesn't then hey, it was only a few minutes.
Serious Business, where he gets way too goddamn pleased with his stupid nickname.
Boys vs Girls, where he completely misses the point of the joke and takes it seriously (it seems like every show when I was a kid had an episode like this that ended in a lukewarm tie). It's like the joke at the end of the spice life episode, where Robin espouses a middle-way moral and everyone is just sort of agreeable but underwhelmed. Really the last one is the one to watch because holy poo poo he gets so mad about a dumb cartoon playing with boys not being superior :allears:

E: during his "won't somebody think of the children" bit on Boys vs Girls "kids don't learn a sense of sarcasm until they're older (which is laughably false) heck some adults never develop one either :ironicat:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 7, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know, I'm not going to lie; I never really liked Young Justice all that much, even the first season. I've never watched a show about young superheroes that was just so maudlin, I think the operative word I would use would be 'joyless'. Not to say that I don't like some brooding in my spandex-beatdown shows (I love B:TAS all to bits), but Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (which was running at the same period of time) hit the mark much more cleanly for me despite being much more poorly animated and I guess technically being the worse show.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Most of my favourites have been said, but Hose Water and Let's Get Serious are probably my favourites, alongside Girls Night since it was the episode that made me decide to follow the show.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I look forward to showing you all the internet fallout form this episode (it was pretty great). Tumblr is already getting super pissy.

e: :argh: "did you lose your heart when you got those robot parts?"
:smith: "Yes"

e2 :haw: "Feels like a student film yo!"

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 21, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think I have a new contender for favourite background joke: in yesterday's episode after the acting bit, there's a photo showing Batman and Superman's smiling faces with the caption "Dawn of Just Us."

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I don't know why people say this show doesn't have good morals, "cheesy 80's prog rock is loving awesome" is a good moral for young children.

Iron Maiden's "seventh son of a seventh son" album was pretty much the soundtrack of my teenage years

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This show is basically really smart people having fun being really stupid, it's great and there need to be more shows like it. Saints Row IV did the same thing.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Man, my one regret about this show is that I didn't get to watch it when I was 12, it would have totally been my poo poo. I'm a sucker for ironic morals. :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
It was a pretty good show that had the potential to be amazing, which is pretty much the perfect storm to get a show cancelled and get the fanbase to wig out (see also: Firefly).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Guess what the internet managed to scare up? I didn't realize it was a real song. :allears:

e: And it's on itunes! :swoon:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 26, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Yeah, it was pretty fun. I liked the return of Cyborg's fondness for old TV shows too. I think the whole Weird Al dialogue might have been the show asserting its merits Batmite at comic-con style again, but it was a lot of fun.

"We're so bad at this!"

e: I can't believe Spider-man is too cowardly to fight Darkseid, what a jerk.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 29, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That was the actual equation? :laffo: I thought it was a joke, how does anyone take comic books seriously?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know, I get the feeling that this show is going to go down as one of the greats for the younger kids who watch it once they grow up; just the madcap humour and the sheer amount of situations and ideas it comes up with gives me the feeling that it's going to stand out in memory and be a favourite like Spongebob before it.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Double posting because holy poo poo does Garage Sale have the best background gags. :syoon:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Holy poo poo, where are these from? God drat, dumb nerds never cease to entertain.

e: seriously, like this isn't exactly high comedy. You just sort of enjoy the absurdist ride as the internal logic of a cartoon about superheroes goes off the rails. Sometimes I wonder if the DCAU did more harm than good for some people.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 25, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hose Water is a good one too, it's a textbook example of taking a simple idea and bringing it to an insane conclusion.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Not to mention Nite Owl and Laurie. I never quite get sick of the blatant Watchman references in this show. Same with the B v S one.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
If laughing at Dead Parents jokes is wrong, I don't ever want to be right. :allears:

I really shouldn't love this show as much as I do, but it's just so magnificent sometimes.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I was going to make a joke about them making an episode about me specifically, but this is even better :3:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So heads up, apparently they've got a crossover episode with the Powerpuff Girls reboot

:unsmigghh:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That was an excellent episode, definitely one of my favourites. I'm a sucker for pastiches of the nineties
This is a literally perfect show :allears:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 28, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I will say that this show can put out some pretty good fight scenes when it puts its mind to it, which is kind of surprising for a gag show animated in flash.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know when you look at something, and despite not being interested in it you just know that you would have freaked the gently caress out over it as a kid? That game gives me that feeling. :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Pretty much: after a certain point it figures that it will never please hardcore fans of the series, so it decides to troll the ever-loving poo poo out of them and it;s amazing.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I give them two episodes before cannibalism becomes an issue.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Shitenshi posted:

What was Raven's constant creep face with the coconut cream pie supposed to reference?

Maybe it'll be a running joke throughout the arc as she goes crazier? :shrug:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So um, this happened

God I cannot stand to listen to this man.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Nah, his Admiral stuff is just high school level analysis.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I like the cut of this episode's jib.

Also bears :3:

fake e: mostly because it's better to laugh at the over-educated under-employed hell I have dug for myself :smithicide:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
"By the way a thief has stolen your shoes."
This episode is amazing, and I only know Oregon Trail through second-hand accounts (mostly the freelance astronauts playthrough).

e: "because it;s the only fun part of this boring (but educational) journey." :mad:

e2: TV IV > Teen Titans GO: The Living Envy the Dead.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 17, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm still laughing at Raven's ploy to create Fox News being considered too evil.
"These are supposed to be fun! :mad:"

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I AM NOT FROM HERE! I HAVE MY OWN CUSTOMS! LOOK AT MY CRAA-AAZAY PASSPORT!!

e: Cyborg stop being John Cena <:mad:>

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 1, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That said the best episode is still The Night Begins to Shine ("40%, 40%, 20%"). Even the people who despise the show like that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know whether it would have been better if they got Ron back or not.

I would watch Ron Pearlman TAS his way through Teen Titans until the end of time. Some things are too pure to happen in this accursed timeline.

• Locked thread