Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
I've noticed in TTG promos now they have the tag line "Your new favorite show!" or something like that. Just a straightforward like about the ratings, or more trolling of angry haters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
I rarely see something that makes me want a GIF for a new avatar, but I think Raven's mid-air twerking may have done it.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Two Bumblebees and a Wasp", because of how Beast Boy turns into an '80s Wall Street guy and makes Robin demean himself to "dance fo yo bees".

That being said, gently caress the people who edit wikis for these shows:

quote:

Robin saying how the evil consumed Beast Boy and turned him into a monster is a reference to the final battle of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, when Ganondorf becomes Ganon after Link defeats his first form and Ganondorf collapses his tower, he erupts from the rubble of it once Link escapes.

Yes, THAT'S what it's a reference to and not, you know, all other literature in human history.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

I want to shake the hand of the person on the show who said "Let's remake Heavy Metal, but for kids!" I really hope they release a single without all the show's sound effects over it.

Between that, the Control Freak episode, and "My Cousin Vinny" out of nowhere, this show has definitely gone full gives-no-fucks mode and I absolutely love every minute of it.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

The mental image of some awkward teen sitting on the edge of his seat with anticipation, thinking "This is it! It's happening! They're bringing it back!" before having his hopes dashed makes having to read that quote totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

Robin licking his lips in love with Cyborg was amazingly creepy.

Who was doing Santa's voice? There weren't any credits at the end of my DVR'd episode since they aired a whole block. It sounded a little like Bob Newhart.

• Locked thread