Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, I never got to claim those booster pack codes from the Pokemon XY promo website. Now they're gone and I feel dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mercury Crusader posted:

All 75 of them. :getin:

They're still worthless.
Please build a super cool gimmick deck with those.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Had a fun time earlier where Pokemon Center was in play and I had two Bouffalants stocked with energy out, as well as two switches in my hand. That was pretty fantastic.

Smash Daisaku posted:

Is there a fast way to get tokens? I'm winning games in Theme mode, but I'm only getting like 1-2 tokens per game.
Pretty much just gotta grind it out. Get your daily log in tokens, get your daily multiplayer tokens, do whatever else you can.

Level Seven posted:

I play the card game in real life and have no plans of getting into the online game anytime in the foreseeable future. I have a couple of unused code cards lying around from tins and some theme decks. Didn't see anything relating to this in the rules but is there no problem with me posting codes for more interested goons to use?

VV Yeah, PMs would be the smart idea. Thing is, I don't have them.
I'd also be down for codes if you have any left~ nahxela@gmail.com

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Level Seven posted:

Ok, so I sent/sending people who left their e-mails some codes. No guarantees that they'll all work cause I got some through trades with some kids but I'd like to assume they wouldn't be dicks that traded used codes.

Out of code cards for now but whenever I get a stockpile of em in the future I'll mention it here.
Got the e-mail you sent, thanks a bunch!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Build a deck for it!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Six Of Spades posted:

Hm, I assumed it was because of the maintenance you guys mentioned that I was getting Error 500s every time I tried to log in, but it's still happening. The account, when used on the main Pokémon site, works just fine (I was using it for Global Link stuff). I can't download the game either, since that also requires a login.

Is it because I'm in the UK and the beta isn't out over here or something?

Cerony posted:

Sorry about this technical stuff but I can't access the client because every time I try to log in it crashes. It says I should send the crash report folder to the developer. Not exactly sure who that would be.
Did you guys try uninstalling and reinstalling the client? I was crashing for awhile after I started the game (I would log in, try to look at my cards, then get some error/crash). After I deleted the files and reinstalled, it's been working fine.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Bat Ham posted:

Is it worth using Stage 2 Pokemon in a deck if I've only got one copy of them? Seems like it's risky when you need 2 other specific cards to get it to work, and that SixPrizes site said to avoid pyramid-stacking evolution lines.
It's also great to have cards like this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Communication_(TCG)

Makes evolving stuff a lot easier.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I would loving love to know, too. I'm so tired of looking at the Arceus token.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mercury Crusader posted:

It was mentioned already, but not only coins, but card sleeves are chosen after you construct a deck, on the same screen where you name them. I'll add that to the OP since the coin thing keeps being brought up.
Does this mean you can't use them in the Challenge League since you have premade decks? I'm still working on my booster unlocks, but if I can't use a new coin, oh well.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, sometimes the game just doesn't want you to win. After I got two pokemon KO'd, I had three energies on a Golett. I proceeded to do nothing but draw Stage 1 and Stage 2 evolutions for like 7 turns and couldn't do anything. I even had a Hydreigon on the field :negative:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I just killed a Conkeldurr by removing an energy from it. That was awesome.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Purchased theme decks can be used with the trainer challenge, so more booster packs, yay! It's just constructed/custom decks that can't be used.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, my Pokemon TCGO app crashes whenever I try to go to the cards/packs menu to open a new pack/deck. Sitting on two boosters and a Solarstrike that I can't seem to open. Deleting and reinstalling didn't seem to help, either, anybody have experience with this issue?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Purple D. Link posted:

This happened with me last night, I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling.

EDIT: I read gud :downs: Sorry.
Well, this time when I launched the game, there was the patch for Legendary Treasures, but it still crashed :saddowns:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You should build a deck with those and crash the game for anyone you play against.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mercury Crusader posted:

That new UI obsoletes a good chunk of my OP. Maybe I'm too used to the old UI, but the new one is a bit confusing at the moment. It does run a lot better than before, at least.

Also, I didn't get my booster pack drop for the day. :smith:
Did you click the little pokeball shaped box thing in the bottom right corner? Looks like you have to manually get it now.

The game doesn't crash when I look at my collection anymore, hooray. However, it did crash when I was in the middle of an NPC match.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Solarstrike is pretty sweet. That's the first theme deck I got. Things like Suicune, Blastoise, and Volcarona are all cool.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The tutorial link still works fine for me? The little bubbles with icons in them are different topics.

e: Any thoughts about the new XY Decks that are in store? Just curious to know if there's anything interesting in them.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 17, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mercury Crusader posted:

The first one worked for me, but not the second. Your Results May Vary (tm)
What an awful TM.

Had the same results; Risingfist said it was a valid code, but was already claimed.

e:I just bought four Fighting Fists boosters only to realize after the fact that they were 5 card packs. Oops.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 18, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Rexroom posted:

Total noob reporting in. This is pretty much my first foray into the world of Pokémon TCG - y'know, young adult during release, demographics, other more appealing games at the time, etc. - and this is pretty good so far. The AI is pretty dumb - or overly merciful - tho'.

And it runs pretty smoothly on Linux. (With some help from Wine, of course. Although since it runs on Unity, could one expect a native release? Who knows.)
The AI is definitely awful. They will often have something good out with a bunch of energies, are steamrolling your guys, then randomly decide to retreat to some basic pokemon with no energies for no apparent reason.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Just from looking at a glance, I think I like the Mystic Typhoon deck the most.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That's pretty awesome. Yveltal EX is an [evil] baller card.

And, yeah, Skrelp is pretty awful.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
As far as I'm aware, you can't do that when you're just playing in a theme deck mode, like the Trainer Challenge.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
This prize roulette is a jerk. When I click on the mystery box, it goes to the thing before it, even if I'm two notches into it. When I click on a coin, it goes to that coin I clicked on.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, you can either let it spin out or you can click to end it early. Unless you click, you probably don't have a good chance to get a mystery box. But I'm bad at clicking, apparently.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What deck are you using/have you gotten the free decks? Basic Green and Basic Orange are probably the most solid of the starter decks.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You should use Basic Green. Basic Green is a solid starter deck with some good cards, like Bouffalant.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mercury Crusader posted:

Woo, free packs! Though it looks like the XY packs are giving out basic energy cards for whatever reason. One of the ones I opened up gave me three of them. These were the only things that looked neat:
Maybe related, but the last time I was doing pvp for the mystery box roulette stuff, I kept getting energy cards instead of boosters. Dunno.

I got the same Reshiram and then a Kyurem EX in my first pack :toot:
Also M Venusaur in the first XY pack :toot:

e:Full art Emolga (eh), full art and regular art Blastoise EX, M Blastoise, and some various holo rares. Not bad~

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 8, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Look at all these fukkin codes
http://www.reddit.com/r/ptcgo/comments/2ihuty/codes_for_free_packs/

e: Only got a Toxicroak EX this run. Nothing else too notable.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 9, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Went back and nabbed three codes I missed. Got a Heracross EX :toot:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If you want to save up for a better theme deck, the Water/Psychic one is a pretty solid starting point. The main issues I have with the deck is that Skrelp is basically useless and I prefer Cheren over gambling on Roller Skates. But beyond that/minor issues, it has some nice things to play with.

Beyond that, grind out stars/deck completions for free boosters and figure out what cards you want from whatever booster sets.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

cancerianmoth posted:

I didn't think i was going to like this game much, bc most online card games make it really tedious to get new cards, but with versus, you get a chance at either more tokens (25 + whatever from the match), a random card, or a card pack, I was quickly able to start trading for what I wanted and got a whole bunch of other things.

If you happen across any EX pokemon, check the trading boards to see what they go for. I ended up trading a Lucario Ex for about 10 packs, which gave me a BUNCH of cards to work with.
Yeah, this game has a pretty drat good f2p model that doesn't make it suck for free players, while there are still great benefits for buying booster codes and stuff.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Random thing for people who've been subscribed to the Pokemon Newsletter for a few months:

I was checking my e-mail, looking for an ORAS demo code, but while looking at my history, I saw a Newsletter that had a Garchomp-EX code in it from June 20th. So if you guys haven't already checked, go and see if you got one (if you qualify). My code still worked~

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I think the Basic Orange Deck still exists, but you can't use it for the Trainer Challenge and maybe some other stuff.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Picked this up to go on a big old nostalgia trip, but for some reason it won't let me use any decks other than the basic ones in Trainer Challenge, not even the Rallying Cry decks I got from the codes in the OP. Is it just restricted to the basic decks?
Yeah, a bunch of decks can't be used for the trainer challenge anymore.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

aerion111 posted:

They have been tested (by me) and do indeed give extra decks.
Why you'd want another four of the same deck escapes me at the moment
That's probably why nobody said anything :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, I haven't gotten anything recently, either, and I haven't changed my settings beyond registering Alpha Sapphire. Maybe it's a regional thing? No idea.

• Locked thread