Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«182 »
School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*

Soiled Meat

MadBimber posted:

LOL @ all these noobs not using a vintorez and sniping their way through pripyat/cnpp/c-conc. loot ammo from monolith, silent snipe all day

I'm at the c-conc section right now in the AMK mod on master and yeah this won't be possible lol. Literally every one of them has turned into a one-hit sniper. I love this mod to bits, but it gets really grating from pripyat onwards to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKemIJ0G1C8

Here's your STALKER 2 (I know it's not the same but is drat cool).

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Does anyone know when Dead Air is getting an English patch?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

listerine and mr. green

Monolith. posted:

Does anyone know when Dead Air is getting an English patch?

They said it's mostly done, just updating ui stuff I think so maybe in a couple weeks?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

School Nickname posted:

I'm at the c-conc section right now in the AMK mod on master and yeah this won't be possible lol. Literally every one of them has turned into a one-hit sniper. I love this mod to bits, but it gets really grating from pripyat onwards to be honest.

why? are you not a head shot machine, just clicking heads as they appear?

lmao get eaten by a snork

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*

Soiled Meat

Yeah, I'm not, guess I gotta .

So I'm finished with the story in AMK, which afterwards decided to spawn me into pripyat in the middle of a psuedodog pack and a rocket launcher monolith zeroing in on me in three seconds. I'm really interested in the freeplay mods for Cop, such as Call of Chernobyl/Call of misery/Last Day/Anomaly. Would you guys recommend trying them out in order, or at all? The only thing that might put me off them is the autistic inventory system I'm seeing in the modpage.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand

Grimey Drawer

If you install CoC you can use the cheat menu to give yourself whatever items you want at the start. You have to put -dbg in the command line options for your shortcut to Stalker-CoC.exe. Then once you are in-game, you can hit "ESC" to get to the menu, then press the "S" button.

Highly dishonorable, but worth it if you don't want to play the tedious inventory minigame anymore.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

I wish the fallout games would use the STALKER style economy where selling repaired guns still puts you at a loss, but bullets are always handy for cash.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Klomping endlessly thru the gray void...

Fun Shoe

The gun is good, feed the gun.

Typical C.o.C loadout : loving everything and its uncle: my power armor is brutalist, powered by vodka, frustration and fear of western style homosexuality. I must have all the rounds ever of all the guns I may come across, but should I run out of ammunition, St Groza the underbarreled will cleanse fold and manipulate all who come before me, apart from controllers and those ultradense guys. may the zone Take them. they laugh as i jerk towards them, body unwilling, but then I must sigh, and stabby the combat knife does the rhinoplasty.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Klomping endlessly thru the gray void...

Fun Shoe

I'm thinking about Overhaiuling c.o.c's soundtrack, turin horse, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwGjUF0aM_8 poo poo like dis, maybe some weirder folio as well, I gotta get gud at spacial audio first tho,

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dead Air English translation came out. I've only played for about 30 minutes but liking it so far. Not unfairly difficult, stealth does seem to work better, and it runs really well on my oldass PC to boot.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

He's a brother with moves
that you can't resist

It's like this, and this
and this, uhn!

How's the gunplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

listerine and mr. green

Here's some more info on it. Can't wait to give it a try over the weekend. It's standalone so installing it couldn't be easier.

You do need to navigate to the options to switch it to english, but besides that its just extract and play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4lkRCCsu6g

«182 »