Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«205 »
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

I once got a contract to kill a Freedom dude but didn't feel like losing the faction rep by killing him myself so I squaded up with some Duty guys, including a captain carrying a PKM machinegun, brought them to the Army Warehouses, and watched from afar as they tore up my target and an entire Freedom checkpoint.
this is the best part of stalker imo, finding ways to bait people into each other so you can loot their corpses or leading chimeras/pseudogiants to population centers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I decided to go through the Radar from the south to go to the Red Forest from the east, and by god was that a mistake

50000 monolith and an entire nuke's worth of rad poisoning later I made it to the other side

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

I forgot about the disguise system in Anomaly. I'm really glad they added that because the Merc trader has some awesome stuff but I don't always want to play as a Merc/Bandit.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Klomping endlessly thru the gray void...

Fun Shoe

nexus6 posted:

I forgot about the disguise system in Anomaly. I'm really glad they added that because the Merc trader has some awesome stuff but I don't always want to play as a Merc/Bandit.

Ecologist, best gist.
good early map placement, not automatically enemies with mercs or army, (use the dynamic factions for a bit of uncertainty), you dont start with amazing equipment, in fact, the equipment you will probably be scavving the most at the start will be zombie junk, Sakharov (iirc) does not send you on "go kill dis dood" missions much, and while the mercs are not red to you, you still have to do one lab to get a shortcut to them.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Does anyone know what I need to modify to reduce the crosshair length? This is CoC/CotZ.

Edit: nvm, found it. Had to unpack a db file

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 4, 2020

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand

Grimey Drawer

nexus6 posted:

Edit: nvm, found it. Had to unpack a db file

its always this

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*

Soiled Meat

staberind posted:

Ecologist, best gist.

I would argue that Clear Sky is better as your hostility to Military gives the chance of looting and fixing up a decent assault rifle, or even an AEK-971 early on, which is straight up the best rifle in Anomaly when fully upgraded.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand

Grimey Drawer

spawn as monolith and fight your way to the cordon

sidorovich will still sell you a leather jacket and some makarov bullets even after you ice all of his friends lol

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Here you go. Juicy Fruit. Happy?

Helianthus Annuus posted:

spawn as monolith and fight your way to the cordon

sidorovich will still sell you a leather jacket and some makarov bullets even after you ice all of his friends lol

Capitalism.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 28, 2011

So I have a weird question. I've been playing through SoC with ZRP. I went through outside Chernobyl, went through the teleporters, and ended up on a long building with a ton of snorks. I dispatched them easily and got rid of the Monolith snipers, but I have no idea where to go. I asked in the Stalker subreddit and someone mentioned it was because I was using the alternate all.spawn, which I am. He gave me some hints on where to go, but I'm stumped. Does anyone here know the proper path? They mentioned they're making it easier for a future version but I want to actually finish since I'm literally one area away from the end

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

Stunt_enby posted:

this is the best part of stalker imo, finding ways to bait people into each other so you can loot their corpses or leading chimeras/pseudogiants to population centers

the only thing from clear sky i miss is baiting monolithians in the army warehouses into taking over the entire area

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

any of you had any luck playing this with a controller? I've played about an hour or two of SOC and COP and have been immediately drawn to them but I do pretty much all my gaming with my GF, who's not used to KB + M, plus controllers make it easier for us to hang out and play on our TV. It doesn't have to be perfect, we could even use the PS4 touchpad as a mouse for inventory management or menus.

Any other mods that might help my fallout/the long dark fan GF get into one of these games would be much appreciated too. If it were up to me I'd start with Vanilla but I feel like some mods that fix annoying things or add cool new content might help hook her in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

While there's always going to be some fun rube goldberg way to get hardware to work one way or another on pc, I had another thought crop up: is it possible to aim quick enough for stalker with a controller? Would you have to find some aimbot hack, and then also have to experiment for a couple of hours nerfing AI aim speed and accuracy? If the ai is to deadly, well. If it isn't deadly enough tho, it won't feel like stalker.
I think it's doable but it's got a lot of trial and error involved.

Also, ZRP: if they changed were the teleporters spawn then only the mod authors can tell you were, sorry. Unless of course you can figure out what version of what editor can open their compiled map and have a look yourself

«205 »