Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Yanov Station is the worst area because you can have up to four squads on you at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I played a few hours of NS Joint Pak PLO K MA and it is a blast - the most intense hours of Cordon I've had so far. I had finally exhausted what Cordon had to offer (I think!) when I sadly lost my saves. Should I first play DMX before coming back to Joint Pak 1 or does the latter capture all the good in DMX? I tried OP-2 but its google translation is too much for me, even better though it seems in every other way.

Which version of DMX is best from a translation and gameplay perspective? DMX DKZ 1.3.2 or DMX 1.3.5 ENGMOD v1.0 Beta by boutch71? Does the latter include all of the former? Thanks for your experience, fellow stalkers.

Edit: Does anyone have a link to or a copy of dkz available for download?

v1ld fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 29, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
DMX/Stalkersoup has had a bit of a troubled past. I probably wouldn't recommend Stalkersoup anymore, based on what I've learned of Technobacon and the design process for Stalkersoup.

DMX is, basically, Stalkersoup as it is supposed to be. It's developed by Shadows/Charsi and it is a really well thought-out and made. The dev team are very experienced, including many of the original members of AMK on it.

Stalkersoup is... well, I don't know what the gently caress it's supposed to be. It's never going to be finished, primarily because TB is an rear end (allegedly) and is trying to reinvent the wheel. I guess he's taken the original DMX, meshed together several versions that are not inherently compatible, repackaged it, and tried to pass it off as the 'ultimate' experience, when in reality it's the most unstable, buggy, terrible product that has ever graced the stalker community. Misery tried to supplant it, but TB has been at it a lot longer and has taken fuckery to an entirely new level.

DMX is an incredible mod. It's a huge addon to NS, designed and made by an actual competent team, is very stable, well put together and highly regarded in the Russian community. The only other mod that probably has as much respect is OGSE.

The latest version is 1.3.5 which you can get from the official site here: http://ap-pro.ru/forum/35-893-1

I'd recommend you get that version, and use the english translation from 1.3.5 ENG (I'd assume it's added a few extra things, possibly? I'm not familiar with the mod)

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ddraig posted:

DMX is an incredible mod. It's a huge addon to NS, designed and made by an actual competent team, is very stable, well put together and highly regarded in the Russian community. The only other mod that probably has as much respect is OGSE.

The latest version is 1.3.5 which you can get from the official site here: http://ap-pro.ru/forum/35-893-1

I'd recommend you get that version, and use the english translation from 1.3.5 ENG (I'd assume it's added a few extra things, possibly? I'm not familiar with the mod)

Yeah, I downloaded that DMX 1.3.5 version not SS. dkz-02 looks like it had a lot of work put in to atmosphere and translation that was not carried over to 1.3.5 (or SS). For eg: I came across this history of dkz and SS when trying to find the mod: https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/32tsme/story_mods_for_shoc/cqeob2u

The only remaining 1.3.5 is a fully installed and merged gamedata version that has some idiosyncratic choices in it. Would be great to find the original mod package. Likewise for dkz-02. If anyone here has them, I'd like to throw them up on a mega to preserve them.

It's sad to see so many great mods disappear. Megauploads demise is part of the problem here.

Of course, Joint Pak has DMX in it so it's not lost in that sense. It too seems a far superior option to stalkersoup.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I have a torrent of DMX 1.3.5, the original version with DMX and the NS version required for it. No extra additions, just the base version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fzyvt267h3kc73i/DMX_MOD.torrent

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ddraig posted:

I have a torrent of DMX 1.3.5, the original version with DMX and the NS version required for it. No extra additions, just the base version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fzyvt267h3kc73i/DMX_MOD.torrent

Great. 469 seeders too - not bad. Will archive it on a Mega share. Thanks much!

Edit: Plenty of folks seeding it. Where did you find the torrent? I tried 3 others that had no remaining seeders. Is this off a Russian site? Would like to dig around some more for someone seeding the dkz-02 version.

Edit 2: Rutracker.org and I see 1.3.2, but not dkz-02.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 30, 2015

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Where can I get the 1.3.5 ENGMOD?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Uh, forget updating the OP, whut the gently caress are all this alphanumerics?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Stalker mods have the most difficult names to remember and keep track of.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

garth ferengi posted:

Where can I get the 1.3.5 ENGMOD?

Link in 2nd last post here. It's an already installed gamedata with translation applied. The 1st page of that thread has details on the mods that were merged in.

Edit: The NS Joint Paks seem to be the next step in the evolution of DMX/NS and include all of/are built on DMX . They show all the same detail and quality in construction that Ddraig points out for DMX. The first one has a decent hand translation - NS Joint Pak PLO K MA. Definitely check it out alongside DMX.

Taffer posted:

Stalker mods have the most difficult names to remember and keep track of.

Yeah. I still don't know what the PLO in NS Joint Pak PLO K MA means. I think K is for collector and MA is Master Addon (whatever that is), but am not sure. Doesn't matter though, drat fine mod.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 31, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

maybe this will help

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That's some excellent damage control there with Lost Alpha.

I'd assume they're using "strays far afield from the old story" as a euphemism for "They hosed up everything that made the Zone cool by turning it into a literal Illuminati conspiracy"

Play Oblivion Lost Remake instead. It's what Lost Alpha should have been.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Good lord somebody made a slanderman mod

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Looks like the Call of Chernobyl team is having a meltdown or something and somebody leaked it on 4chan.

I stopped playing SGM because the stutter made it an unfun mess. Installed the most recent Stalkersoup and having a blast at 60fps.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
If I want the slightly less idiotic Misery 2.0 experience, I install 2.0 and then the Les Mis mod right?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Avocados posted:

If I want the slightly less idiotic Misery 2.0 experience, I install 2.0 and then the Les Mis mod right?

Yes but unless they noticed, the install instructions for les mis are out of order. You want to start with the general folder, then the class-specific one.

On paper les mis doesn't do a lot but its little changes like removing npc's grenades and making their aim less bullshit accurate goes a long way toward making the mod become vaguely enjoyable.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I've never heard of Arsenal Overhaul before. And googling it sends me round and round to forum posts and a promised Arsenal Overhaul 3 version with no download. What's it like?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Robot Randy posted:

Honestly surprised there isn't a furry one or one with futurama characters or something

Finally decided to play through OL with the descision I would join the Monolith (so tried to avoid killing the ones I didn't have to). Been rather interesting since. The packs of dogs still roam the Red Forest and your "friends" do fuckall to help unless you've recruited them to follow you. After clearing the Bar out, Duty respawns in their little hole and bandits keep trying to take over the rest. Finally said gently caress it, recruited as many monolith guys as I could find (32)* And headed back to the bar and posted them around the place with most in Duty's area. So far we still hold the bar

*To anyone that tries this, lesson learned, take them in small squads as a huge group is like trying to herd cats as some decide to stand around and bullshit, others will stare at you like mute retards, some will engage anything they find no matter how far off....

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 5, 2015

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Brief divergence from mod-chat; I'm currently on holiday in Hungary and whilst its a few thousand KM from The Zone there sure are some similarities, so hopefully some of you will enjoy these images

More pics here:

http://imgur.com/a/rVMIF/all

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Robot Randy posted:

He just goes around making up awful poo poo about various factions.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

SocketWrench posted:

Honestly surprised there isn't a furry one or one with futurama characters or something

iirc one of the first character model swaps changed wolf into krystal from star fox

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ddraig posted:

Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat

OH MY GOD DOWNLOAD THIS IMMEDIATELY!!

For Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat, if you're using Full (enhanced) dynamic lighting, turn SSAO, Sun Quality and Sun Rays down to LOW. The quality hit is barely noticeable, but you will get a significant boost in FPS.

This file is set to private. :saddowns: Can you make it public?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

iirc one of the first character model swaps changed wolf into krystal from star fox

Somehow i'm not surprised

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Avocados posted:

This file is set to private. :saddowns: Can you make it public?

https://mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A

Should be in the tools section. Luajit Experimental.

Assuming you want to play COP then you should probably opt for Open X-Ray instead.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=28&thm_id=9731&page=1&sort=ASC&sec_id=16

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

NonzeroCircle posted:

Brief divergence from mod-chat; I'm currently on holiday in Hungary and whilst its a few thousand KM from The Zone there sure are some similarities, so hopefully some of you will enjoy these images

Wanna loot them buildings.

I just read Stalker: Southern Comfort, which was surprisingly good. Are there any other translated novels?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Northern Passage is the other one.

Sadly the English novels don't have the cooler stuff that the Russian ones do. Some crazy poo poo in those.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am coming back to Lost Alpha after months of not looking at it. I am getting my rear end kicked but mostly having a blast. However, I would dearly love to cheat myself a bit more health, as I am bad as hell at this game. Is there anyway to do this?

sobkas
Oct 11, 2012
I have a specific problem and I need to prevent BugTrap.dll from catching crashes(so I can use gdb to debug). Is there a way to do that?
Thanks

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

bunnielab posted:

I am coming back to Lost Alpha after months of not looking at it. I am getting my rear end kicked but mostly having a blast. However, I would dearly love to cheat myself a bit more health, as I am bad as hell at this game. Is there anyway to do this?

Well, if you edit the scripts you can start off with tons of medkits/artifacts/weapons/armor to help you with that. You need to find out what the names are of the stuff you want as it is in the scripts, dig up the escape_dialogue script and under this line "function give_weapon_to_actor (trader, actor)" you can add a bunch of stuff to start the game with that you'll get after talking to Wolf

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
After a long hiatus, I forgot how much this game likes to randomly crash on me.

The AMK/AA merge that was uploaded is really cool though.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

SocketWrench posted:

Well, if you edit the scripts you can start off with tons of medkits/artifacts/weapons/armor to help you with that. You need to find out what the names are of the stuff you want as it is in the scripts, dig up the escape_dialogue script and under this line "function give_weapon_to_actor (trader, actor)" you can add a bunch of stuff to start the game with that you'll get after talking to Wolf

Yea, I believe I used to know how to do that. The issue now is that I am decently into the game and I dont want to start over. What I would love is to be able to just tweek my stats now, or failing that, be able to spawn medkits and artifacts when I need them.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Good news for Retro Stalker enthusiasts...

Kanyhalos, one of the OG stalker modders, is planning on releasing something potentially big on the 15th.

Oblivion Lost 3.0

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

Kanyhalos, one of the OG stalker modders, is planning on releasing something potentially big on the 15th.

Oblivion Lost 3.0

Oh hell yes

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
So, as someone who has never played CS but both of the other games repeatedly and with mods, do I really wanna play it vanilla, or install Faction Wars or OGSM right off the bat?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

VStraken posted:

So, as someone who has never played CS but both of the other games repeatedly and with mods, do I really wanna play it vanilla, or install Faction Wars or OGSM right off the bat?

At the very least get something that fixes AI enemies' GPS laser guided smart grenades because good god that's some of the most egregiously unfair bullshit in any game ever :argh:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

VStraken posted:

I got tired of vanilla/SRP and gave up after a few hours, but am enjoying a new run with Arsenal Overhaul as the gunplay feels way better. Will probably finish it this time.

SWTC is really good as a weather mod and works well alongside AO.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Was it ever confirmed STALKER 2 was being worked on?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Ddraig posted:

Oblivion Lost 3.0

AI IMPROVEMENTS
- I tried to add some kind of stealth, which resulted in a not perfect, but quite good feature. NPC's are less likely to see you in the dark if your flashlight is turned off.

This is great.;

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Not entirely sure about the raid boss in a single player game thing, but I guess I'll wait to see how it's implemented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

- Removed the scripted blowout from Stancia1

Is that the Blow Out with the military assaulting the NPP? Why don't they keep that in and have it cleared when you return? That Blow Out is the best. :black101: