Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The zone is a cold, unfeeling bitch of a place that will kill you without a second thought.

:sbahj: is it pretty sometimes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Playing COC+AO3 with a few of the changes.

man the durability loss is insane, I've gone through maybe 2 or 3 magazines on my gsh-18 and already it's gone from ~70% to 30% durability.

my suit took a few swipes from a bloodsucker and is down to 70% from 100%.

how can I change this poo poo? it is infuriating.

started as clear sky but the swamps seemed pretty desolate so i moved on to cordon. I have a ridiculous amount of money from killing the bandits for sido and also the military guys near the loner camp (the tunnel I came through took me near their base, and my 2 clear sky bros went after them, both the clear sky bros and like 5 military dudes got blown up by all the mines).

Seems like all full auto weapons, including pistols, have a ridiculous amount of kick back. like I can't even burst with a skorpion or bizon or any of the ~9mm submachine guns because the kickback sends the gun halfway up my screen after the first 3 hits.

While i'm talking about weapons, the gsh-18 has like 0 recoil and is pinpoint accurate. I like it a lot.

edit: seems like the amoount of mutants in each level are pretty crazy. I took the flint guy with me to raid the bandits and he died almost instantly outside the loner base to a rush of ~6 cats 3 snorks and some bloodsuckers. funny enough they all hosed off as soon as he died so I ended up just doing it alone. after clearing it i got ambushed by more bloodsuckers.

also mutants seem to do very little damage, the bloodsuckers in particular are just an annoyance really.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 8, 2015

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Minarchist posted:

Artifacts: Anyone will buy them.
Trophies: Sell em to Sakharov in the Yantar mobile bunker. Not really worth a trip unless you have a big stash or he gave you a quest for a specific body part.
PDAs: Sidorovich, Xenotech (cordon mechanic) Barkeep, Skinflint, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER guy, Monolith Trader, and Owl for sure. Any trader or NPC that you get a "I have something you want" dialog will buy them off you.

I thought Barkeep would be interested in the 50 PDA's I've managed to scavenge so I went for a hike into Duty territory. As soon as I get into the Bar, the loudspeakers declare that there is an intruder. I thought it was the Bloodsucker that followed me in but NOPE. Barkeep and his two cronies decided to shoot me dead in an alleyway. I'm playing as the military which makes things a tad difficult though. I'll try the other places to see if they're happy to deal with military.

In other news, 1/2 a belt of PKM ammo is more than enough to down a chopper

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I was having all kinds of weird poo poo with weather, lighting, graphics, spawns and whatnot.

was reading stuff, and apparently you aren't supposed to install CoC ontop of a CoP installation? atleast according to some posts on reddit (I haven't bothered to sift through the 30+ pages on gsc or here:P).

Gonna reinstall in a different directory, hopefully it solves the problems. game was looking really quite bad and the lighting was super weird.

also couldn't buy/find/whatever detectors anywhere! hopefully i can use my existing save.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Tabletops posted:

apparently you aren't supposed to install CoC ontop of a CoP installation?

hopefully i can use my existing save.

No, and no. Sorry dude :(

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Minarchist posted:

No, and no. Sorry dude :(

*vader no*

well hopefully the game is fixed, it wont bother me much.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So, playing as bandits introduced me to a fun song called "Алкоголик и придурок" alkogolik i pridurok", apparently translated in song as "Alcoholic and (a) dickhead". The version in game is one I hear in the bandit station--first heard after drinking vodka from a random radiation spike, as I was shooting down invading military. Fun times, but I can't seem to find the song anywhere on youtube at least.

I'm sure it was added via CoC, but I don't see any music folders or files for radio songs. Would I have to browse through the actual gamedata to do that? How would I go about that?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Tabletops posted:

Playing COC+AO3 with a few of the changes.

man the durability loss is insane, I've gone through maybe 2 or 3 magazines on my gsh-18 and already it's gone from ~70% to 30% durability.

my suit took a few swipes from a bloodsucker and is down to 70% from 100%.

how can I change this poo poo? it is infuriating.

I don't know what file to edit but you could use the first version of AO3, it has very little weapon degradation. Don't know what all it doesn't have that's in his updated version but here you go
http://sjc2.dl.dbolical.com/2015/10/29/AO_3_for_release_CoC.rar?st=dY-r5oSyGIFCGrNj_giqDg==&e=1446139545

Morter posted:

So, playing as bandits introduced me to a fun song called "Алкоголик и придурок" alkogolik i pridurok", apparently translated in song as "Alcoholic and (a) dickhead". The version in game is one I hear in the bandit station--first heard after drinking vodka from a random radiation spike, as I was shooting down invading military. Fun times, but I can't seem to find the song anywhere on youtube at least.

I'm sure it was added via CoC, but I don't see any music folders or files for radio songs. Would I have to browse through the actual gamedata to do that? How would I go about that?

I think it's somewhere on this album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Ldwaqlqm8
e: 5:20 mark. And if you like this you'll love literally everything by the band Leningrad.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sweet, I have a soundtrack for when I play as a bandit. :cheers:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm playing Joint Pak 1 (OP-1) and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find Collector stashes in Cordon.

The AMK site tells me it's in one of three places:

Under a railway car

Under some rocks east of the Guide

Or in a tree south of the military outpost

I have been all over these locations all day and found nothing, has anybody found it?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Saint Sputnik posted:

e: 5:20 mark. And if you like this you'll love literally everything by the band Leningrad.

Personally I don't know how you live if you can't at least have one or two songs by Leningrad you like. It's such energetic I-don't-give-a-gently caress party music.

Like seriously you don't even need to speak the language to know what they're basically singing about in this song. This is a song that gives no shits.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

NeoSeeker posted:

Personally I don't know how you live if you can't at least have one or two songs by Leningrad you like. It's such energetic I-don't-give-a-gently caress party music.

Well I guess I'm starting to live now. :shobon:

I would kill for a karaoke/off-vocal version of that exact version (the ones I can find are a different, slower, not-as-fun one...)

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Playing COC & AO3 and was wondering if there are any special stashes or items hidden in places. I remember always finding cool stuff hidden in SOC/CS/COP, but all I ever find now is a silenced pistol and maybe a gun repair kit in boxes, and almost nothing lying on the ground or stashed in lockers, etc.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Playing CoC with OWR3, I start a Loner game and Nimble gives me the quest to find an RG-6 grenade launcher. Right, that's fair. Whatever.

Few hours of gameplay later, during a trip through Limansk I find an RG-6 in perfect condition sitting atop a crate of 24 VOGs, in a house near the Dead City level transition.. High on steroids and caffeine, I sprint all the way back to the Cordon and turn it in for 25k. Was that a special thing spawned by the quest or is that always there?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Elth posted:

Playing CoC with OWR3, I start a Loner game and Nimble gives me the quest to find an RG-6 grenade launcher. Right, that's fair. Whatever.

Few hours of gameplay later, during a trip through Limansk I find an RG-6 in perfect condition sitting atop a crate of 24 VOGs, in a house near the Dead City level transition.. High on steroids and caffeine, I sprint all the way back to the Cordon and turn it in for 25k. Was that a special thing spawned by the quest or is that always there?

Not mission specific. It was there in CS.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
RE: CoC

having a lot of trouble finding even a basic scanner. None of the traders i've been to (guy in swamps, and sido) have had any. I did see one drop from a clear-bro i had following me, but I save scummed after he died because I didn't want him to die. He died anyway, but didn't drop the scanner again :(.

Am I only going to be able to buy them from the ecologists?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Tabletops posted:

I was having all kinds of weird poo poo with weather, lighting, graphics, spawns and whatnot.

was reading stuff, and apparently you aren't supposed to install CoC ontop of a CoP installation? atleast according to some posts on reddit (I haven't bothered to sift through the 30+ pages on gsc or here:P).

Gonna reinstall in a different directory, hopefully it solves the problems. game was looking really quite bad and the lighting was super weird.

also couldn't buy/find/whatever detectors anywhere! hopefully i can use my existing save.

if reinstalling doesnt fix the lighting, go to atmosfear options, rightmost tab and restore to default settings. that fixed it for me.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Das Butterbrot posted:

if reinstalling doesnt fix the lighting, go to atmosfear options, rightmost tab and restore to default settings. that fixed it for me.

reinstalling did the trick, looks great now.

weathers a little odd but i've never played with atmosphere so i'll probably get used to it / customize it to my liking.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Morter posted:

Well I guess I'm starting to live now. :shobon:

Here's a couple to get you started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-CnWwbeetE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXyRSd-ii78

Blistex posted:

Playing COC & AO3 and was wondering if there are any special stashes or items hidden in places. I remember always finding cool stuff hidden in SOC/CS/COP, but all I ever find now is a silenced pistol and maybe a gun repair kit in boxes, and almost nothing lying on the ground or stashed in lockers, etc.

There's always one of the short-stock AKs on the upper floor of one of the buildings at the bandit base in Cordon

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Yo, shotguns are hosed. They have the tightest choke, and even without accuracy upgraded, the sawed off shotguns act like they're shooting slugs. They're completely ineffective for close range spray-and-pray. They would normally be my go-to panic weapon for a horde of mutants if they got too close. :(

Tabletops posted:

RE: CoC

having a lot of trouble finding even a basic scanner. None of the traders i've been to (guy in swamps, and sido) have had any. I did see one drop from a clear-bro i had following me, but I save scummed after he died because I didn't want him to die. He died anyway, but didn't drop the scanner again :(.

Am I only going to be able to buy them from the ecologists?

Every dozen or so stalkers I kill (I'm a bandit, so I kill a lot :jihad:) gives me a scanner, and I'm pretty sure Sid sells them. I've also occasionally found them in the boxes in outposts and bases. Just keep looting, you'll certainly find it.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The best free scanners tend to come from zombies in Yantar.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Morter posted:

Yo, shotguns are hosed. They have the tightest choke, and even without accuracy upgraded, the sawed off shotguns act like they're shooting slugs. They're completely ineffective for close range spray-and-pray. They would normally be my go-to panic weapon for a horde of mutants if they got too close. :(

If you're using AO3, the Remington 870 has what you're looking for, the crosshairs are about an inch apart at all times and never change even when crouched or sprinting. It's a pump-action so it's not as outright lethal as a SPAS, Saiga or Protecta.

e: s-sometimes I use crosshairs! shut up! leave me alone :mad:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Morter posted:

Every dozen or so stalkers I kill (I'm a bandit, so I kill a lot :jihad:) gives me a scanner, and I'm pretty sure Sid sells them. I've also occasionally found them in the boxes in outposts and bases. Just keep looting, you'll certainly find it.

weird, i wonder if i botched my install again and my merchant sell lists are hosed or something. i savescummed inventory at sid atleast 20 times and never saw one.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I was really guessing at that, but I'm serious in that they're at least reliable NPC drops.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Morter posted:

I was really guessing at that, but I'm serious in that they're at least reliable NPC drops.

thanks. i'll try to get up to yantar or something for the zombos like missing names suggested. i'm playing as clear sky so I don't think i should kill stalkers :3

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Saint Sputnik posted:

There's always one of the short-stock AKs on the upper floor of one of the buildings at the bandit base in Cordon

I'll have to remember that the next time I start a game. I was sort of wondering if there were any cool weapons or suits lying around by default. Biggest surprise I've encountered is a Merc carrying an M-60, but nothing laying around.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Tabletops posted:

thanks. i'll try to get up to yantar or something for the zombos like missing names suggested. i'm playing as clear sky so I don't think i should kill stalkers :3

The military and Bandits aren't (really) stalkers. :tfrxmas:

(Can someone make a stalker/chiki-briki version of that emote? I'll fund half of it)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Morter posted:

The military and Bandits aren't (really) stalkers. :tfrxmas:

(Can someone make a stalker/chiki-briki version of that emote? I'll fund half of it)

yeah, i've slaughtered a hundred military and bandits together now probably but none has ever dropped a detector.

i found one on a loner earlier though, a bear detector. can't remember how good it is, it's no svarog but it'll do :D

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Morter posted:

Yo, shotguns are hosed. They have the tightest choke, and even without accuracy upgraded, the sawed off shotguns act like they're shooting slugs.

AO3? gently caress yes it's amazing. I picked up the pump TOZ and was totally floored at how effective it was out to a pretty modest distance.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
Oh my god the head bob is loving nauseating, and nothing I can do seems to make it go away. Changing things in the effectors.ltx in the COP config folder does nothing, changing the cam_inert to 0 in preferences does nothing.

Also, is it just me or do you trundle along a lot slower in COC now?

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
I can't seem to figure it out either, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having the same issue with it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Oh my god the head bob is loving nauseating, and nothing I can do seems to make it go away. Changing things in the effectors.ltx in the COP config folder does nothing, changing the cam_inert to 0 in preferences does nothing.

Also, is it just me or do you trundle along a lot slower in COC now?

Pretty sure you're loving something up then. The either .ltx file and cam_inert should work. I've done it with three different modsets and editing the .ltx worked each time.

e: Done it with AO3, Vanilla and Misery (pre-2.0). What are you running?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

fennesz posted:

Pretty sure you're loving something up then. The either .ltx file and cam_inert should work. I've done it with three different modsets and editing the .ltx worked each time.

e: Done it with AO3, Vanilla and Misery (pre-2.0). What are you running?

Vanilla COP installed via steam in the usual folder, COC installed in C:\Stalker. COC is updated to the latest version. Nothing else.

I originally had SGM installed in my COP folder, but I killed it and redownloaded it, so now there is no effectors.ltx to edit at all.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Vanilla COP installed via steam in the usual folder, COC installed in C:\Stalker. COC is updated to the latest version. Nothing else.

I originally had SGM installed in my COP folder, but I killed it and redownloaded it, so now there is no effectors.ltx to edit at all.

Odd. This is what the first part of the effectors.ltx file should look like (to disable head bob).

code:
[bobbing_effector]

run_amplitude		=	0.0
walk_amplitude		=	0.0
limp_amplitude		=	0.0

run_speed		=	9.0
walk_speed		=   	7.0
limp_speed		=	6.0
If that doesn't do it, uhh...hope one of the smarter modding dudes has a clue.

e: I took this from my Misery COP install (I have like 4 different CoP folders w/ different mods) and saw that vanilla straight up didn't have the effector folder, even though I thought I did. You're right. My bad.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 9, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

You can definitely tell CoC is based on CoP.

It still autosaved "beginning of the game" when I loaded Yanov for the first time, and "arrival at skadovsk" when, well... Also, "dangerous cave"

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

nexus6 posted:

I'm playing Joint Pak 1 (OP-1) and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find Collector stashes in Cordon.

I have been all over these locations all day and found nothing, has anybody found it?

You're probably better off asking in the 2 Joint Pak threads on the GSC forums or the huge Stalkersoup thread in the Steam forums.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

fennesz posted:

e: I took this from my Misery COP install (I have like 4 different CoP folders w/ different mods) and saw that vanilla straight up didn't have the effector folder, even though I thought I did. You're right. My bad.

I ended up needing to extract the effectors.ltx from the config.db file, editing the things out, then dropping it where it should be in the gamedata folder.

I also did the same for the traders files, so they'll by guns at less than 'literally never drops it's so perfect' quality.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Decided saving only at beds made more sense as a hardcore-lite, since the fire idea only changed where I saved but not how often. I also let myself create a savepoint by dropping a sleeping bag, with the rule that I'm not allowed to pick it back up.

Now I get just enough tension at the prospect of losing some progress that I don't stop to loot every single body and I'm more careful about getting weighed down in case I need to run, without the fear of losing everything to some cheap bullshit.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It may be possible, if people want it, to have an optional iron man challenge where you can only save within a certain distance of a lit campfire. Things have been pretty crazy for me at the moment so I haven't had much chance to work on anything, but that should be possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Ddraig posted:

It may be possible, if people want it, to have an optional iron man challenge where you can only save within a certain distance of a lit campfire. Things have been pretty crazy for me at the moment so I haven't had much chance to work on anything, but that should be possible.

How about an autosave on sleep? You could save your progress but you'd lose time and potential loot as NPCs got to any dead bodies nearby before you.