Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MariusLecter posted:

Darryl is to Stalker community what Strelok is to the Stalkers of the Zone.

He kills a shitload of people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The best part of the stalker series was finding and murdering the dudes on the top 10 list, and I'm glad that it's back in CoC

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

The best part of the stalker series was finding and murdering the dudes on the top 10 list, and I'm glad that it's back in CoC

They should mod it so you can take them alive and pretend you're hunting Deck of 52 members like in Mercenaries.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Arcsquad12 posted:

They should mod it so you can take them alive and pretend you're hunting Deck of 52 members like in Mercenaries.

there should be a way to take people alive, in 1.3 at least if they were in a wounded/bleedout state (no idea how to trigger that reliably) and combat was over you could approach the enemy and they would go into a captured pose where you could:
1: treat their wounds in exchange for information/equipment
2: threaten them in exchange for information/equipment
3: kill them

if you got their stuff it would be in good condition with a decent amount of ammo, otherwise it was a regular body loot. Information was always a stash location in my experience. I only had it trigger like 2-3 times.

anyway i think the capability is there for a modder to program other options

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I had a slight problem with CoC not starting due to missing a reg entry, despite opening my gog version of cop, changing a few settings & closing it prior to installing CoC, I had a look at the CoC thread on moddb; the solution is to dl a cop registry entry, found by googling.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I've noticed a lot of the Arsenal overhaul weapons have funky idle animations. Most sniper rifles had it but now even the scorpion has it. I'll try to put up some pictures but basically the FOV arms are in a position where you can see through them and it just looks :barf:

http://imgur.com/r5XwuFW
http://imgur.com/ckDzy9F
http://imgur.com/YMrjeEW
http://imgur.com/Ea2gKsB

You can't really see it in the last one. On the bottom right the shoulder seems to be clipping through the camera. I'm wondering if anyone else was kinda sick of this because I've decided to take up 3DS max or something and fix it myself.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 28, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

NeoSeeker posted:

I've noticed a lot of the Arsenal overhaul weapons have funky idle animations. Most sniper rifles had it but now even the scorpion has it. I'll try to put up some pictures but basically the FOV arms are in a position where you can see through them and it just looks :barf:

http://imgur.com/r5XwuFW
http://imgur.com/ckDzy9F
http://imgur.com/YMrjeEW
http://imgur.com/Ea2gKsB

You can't really see it in the last one. On the bottom right the shoulder seems to be clipping through the camera. I'm wondering if anyone else was kinda sick of this because I've decided to take up 3DS max or something and fix it myself.

have you adjusted the fov with the slider?
basically you have to play with it a little so the arms are not like that, but you have an ok fov.
or something.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I'm well aware of FOV. I increased it to accentuate it. I'm aware it seems like a minor annoyance to some, wondering if it isn't to anyone else. It seems like a decent little project.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 28, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
There are two Fov sliders, one moves the meshes away and toward the camera, the other is the actual fov. I had same thing, and reduced it..... now the arms and weapons are quite snug, and the fov is 90.
And the only mod you need for COC : http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/dancing-slav-bar-tv-animation-textures

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 28, 2016

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Ah, I get it now. Probably why I just noticed it with this build.

Edit:Okay this is weird. I go in to mess with the hud_fov ingame and screw it up. So I launch CoC on another drive to find out what the default value is. Go back to my main install, put the values back at default and it went away from the guns now having this problem and as far as I can tell a number of guns that had the problem before.

Edit2: Patch out for CoC

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 28, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I can't play COC at the moment but I want to know if Darryl did what I suggested and changed the name of Darkscape. That was its development name, much like the Cordon is referred to as Escape in all game files.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

I can't play COC at the moment but I want to know if Darryl did what I suggested and changed the name of Darkscape. That was its development name, much like the Cordon is referred to as Escape in all game files.

I'll go check.

Nimble's handbook (loadscreen info) No 17 refers to that area as Darkscape, Its still called Darkscape on the map.
Speaking of the map, how can I get rid of the smart terrain markers?

Oh!, when you dick about with the fov, you get all the dev info onscreen, just save and load and its gone.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 28, 2016

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
AO3 has this old style of viewmodels like Counter Strike 1.6 where the sides of your screen represent your left and right elbows, and you see more of the front arm the bigger the gun is. This is to show off the entire body of whatever gun you're holding, but just looks goofy if you focus on the arms.

I love the guns of AO3 and wouldn't play without it, but the animations could use an update. Call of Duty 4 and beyond does the first-person view models fantastically (imo), and most games have followed suit.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So whats with enemy detection in CoC? I'm getting shot at by dudes with shotguns way past effective range. It may be due to AO3, but I dont think it is.

They're hilariously alert. Is this just vanilla settings and Im used to modded?

Gotta note though, its cool as gently caress that guys with shotguns will literally sneak up crouched over to shoot you in the side/rear end.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Don't play with hardcore AI aim

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its so nice to be back in the Zone, as opposed to playing fallout 4 for instance,
on paper they share qualities, but the gameplay and depth of stalker is so superior, your enemies don't broadcast their position as much, creeping up on someone and knife murking them is an achievement, as opposed to "oh, I guess I'll erase anything & everything in this town again"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

staberind posted:

I'll go check.

Nimble's handbook (loadscreen info) No 17 refers to that area as Darkscape, Its still called Darkscape on the map.
Speaking of the map, how can I get rid of the smart terrain markers?

Oh!, when you dick about with the fov, you get all the dev info onscreen, just save and load and its gone.

Noooo. I keel him.

Anyway my idea was that it was to be called The Dark Hollow because that's what it is, and what it was supposed to be called before it was cut from SoC.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Is there any way to make all armor have one particular suit's Arms Fov model in CoC?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Sep 29, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I really don't like how sleep exhaustion is handled now. Other mods I've seen have you get flashes of blurred vision gradually more and more often as you get more tired. In 1.4 it looks like you just took 10 shots of vodka out of nowhere, with no warning.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

Don't play with hardcore AI aim

I didn't think I was. Is it only toggleable at game start?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dandywalken posted:

So whats with enemy detection in CoC? I'm getting shot at by dudes with shotguns way past effective range. It may be due to AO3, but I dont think it is.

They're hilariously alert. Is this just vanilla settings and Im used to modded?

Gotta note though, its cool as gently caress that guys with shotguns will literally sneak up crouched over to shoot you in the side/rear end.

Do you have your headlamp always on at night? It's really easy for the AI to detect you then

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Is survival mode just running around shooting zombies?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Ugh, apparently you can take a mission from stalkers hanging out at, say, the bar and later they might become followers in a squad (they're shown as dots instead of stars on the minimap) so their mission becomes impossible to complete because they'll just tell you to talk to the boss.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fellis posted:

Do you have your headlamp always on at night? It's really easy for the AI to detect you then

I'm taking out the trash in garbage and there are a semi constant streams of bandits shooting at me from beyond the draw distance.
in daylight.
while I am behind a tree,
If I can survive this, I should have enough vendor trash to afford an exo soon.
By the way, anyone had any luck fitting a sight to the storm you can buy off Nimble, or, any OC-14 Groza for that matter?

I just magdumped a controller, still in garbage, he just strolled past and his aura wiped me, sheeesh.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah something's going on. They're ignoring bush cover etc too and Im being engaged after a single shot from a silenced rifle at 200+ meters. I can probably get a video of it, its really loving weird.

Wonder if I hosed up something somehow in the install. I definitely am not using the lamp. Its a big issue at times versus Monolith since in AO3 they're using Beowulf .50 for some snipers that can sometimes 1-shot you.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 29, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I faintly remember seeing that behavior in vanilla SoC but that was ages ago and i thought this game was running on CoP engine.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato

Monolith. posted:

Is survival mode just running around shooting zombies?

No it's also dying a lot.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Whats funny is that the max range for engagement is defined as 100 meters in the game files, I think. Rest assured they'll fire from way-the-gently caress beyond that. Zombies do it, even.

So you'll see pellet-tracers flying in from a zombie's shotgun and just try and aim for the muzzle flash to drop 'em :shrug:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah something's going on. They're ignoring bush cover etc too and Im being engaged after a single shot from a silenced rifle at 200+ meters. I can probably get a video of it, its really loving weird.

Wonder if I hosed up something somehow in the install. I definitely am not using the lamp. Its a big issue at times versus Monolith since in AO3 they're using Beowulf .50 for some snipers that can sometimes 1-shot you.

In the base game, bushes and silencers are meaningless unless its an actual integral silencer/suppressor, Wonder if that was fixed.
adds to the challenge I suppose.

1.4.03 patch up, in-case anyone's still on 1.4.02

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Fellis posted:

I faintly remember seeing that behavior in vanilla SoC but that was ages ago and i thought this game was running on CoP engine.

It is. The only stealth or last known position that Ive seen Stalker utilize is OGSE0693. Complete 2009 turned the AIs vision distance down at night but its always been an issue. Its weird though because sometimes you can crouch in a bush and the AI will walk right up to you without firing a shot.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dandywalken posted:

Nah, i got it too. I started as Duty in the Army Warehouses. Had a bunch of Duty guys around and figured I'd start some poo poo to get some better stuff. Freedom don't gently caress around, they chased after me with no hesitation and were blasting me no matter where I was. Behind trees, bushes, containers, even through the walls of the abandoned farm buildings.
Later I tried my luck again and got holed up by that broken APC near the entrance and that anomaly there...I guess it was, killed me. Looked like one of those roaming fireballs came out of it except it wasnt fire, it was smoke and wandered around, killed me, circled around and killed some loners coming in and then poofed into the anomaly.

Lab X-18 has a bug. The crate inside that you could knife and get a scientist suit, when you break it now it locks the game up.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Later I tried my luck again and got holed up by that broken APC near the entrance and that anomaly there...I guess it was, killed me. Looked like one of those roaming fireballs came out of it except it wasnt fire, it was smoke and wandered around, killed me, circled around and killed some loners coming in and then poofed into the anomaly.

It's a form of poltergeist. Shoot it long enough and it turns into a meat piñata.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

stealth has always been insanely inconsistent for me in these games no matter how many changes and improvements modders claim to make to it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Monolith. posted:

It is. The only stealth or last known position that Ive seen Stalker utilize is OGSE0693. Complete 2009 turned the AIs vision distance down at night but its always been an issue. Its weird though because sometimes you can crouch in a bush and the AI will walk right up to you without firing a shot.

I was playing arena again last night and it seems there is last known position because i shot a guy and crouched walked to another piece of cover and he was still looking at my first position

bullshit that you don't have a knife in arena to cheese it anymore :saddowns:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Oh, of course. I like getting them to come in one direction and swing around behind them so as they're backing up for cover to reload I can pop'em.
Works for getting groups of hostiles off your back too. Get'em to go one way and then duck around behind cover to run away

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Fellis posted:

I was playing arena again last night and it seems there is last known position because i shot a guy and crouched walked to another piece of cover and he was still looking at my first position

bullshit that you don't have a knife in arena to cheese it anymore :saddowns:

Yeah that works really well. Ive ambushed many a bandit like that.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I have the GoG copy of CoP. How do I use CoC as a Steam application? I cant point directly to Xray.exe or w/e because it cant find a file if I do so. And setting it to Stalker_CoC.exe just launches the launcher briefly, then the game is back to being non-Steam.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Well, laughs were had. Convinced a coworker to give it a go

"Alright man, now remember, you're gonna have like bottom tier weaponry and there's A LOT of poo poo that wants to kill you"

"I got it! Not like it's my first game"

"Alright man, settle down, just trying to help"

*game opens*

"Alright, you started as Freedom...there's gonna be some guys that want you dead, they're called Duty, they hang out at a run down farm on this map"

*runs over to the farm, takes careful aim from some distance with the Protecta and fires, instantly receives hail of bullets*

"poo poo WTF I SHOT THAT GUY!"

"Yeah, this isn't one shot one kill...I suggest you run like a bitch"

I laughed when he bitched how hosed up that was. "Such is life in the Zone, Stalker"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dandywalken posted:

I have the GoG copy of CoP. How do I use CoC as a Steam application? I cant point directly to Xray.exe or w/e because it cant find a file if I do so. And setting it to Stalker_CoC.exe just launches the launcher briefly, then the game is back to being non-Steam.

staberind posted:

I had a slight problem with CoC not starting due to missing a reg entry, despite opening my gog version of cop, changing a few settings & closing it prior to installing CoC, I had a look at the CoC thread on moddb; the solution is to dl a cop registry entry, found by googling.

Same page.
I'll just make it easier : https://www.regfiles.net/registry/stalker-call-of-pripyat-registry the registry thing is an anti-piracy thing, its not :filez: if you have this problems and need a resolution.
If you want to be fancy : edit the file to include your cop or coc folder.

VVV Yeah, but w/out that, you cannot even open coc, let alone trick it into thinking its a steam game. VVV

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

staberind posted:

Same page.

different problems.