Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Everyone seemed to like this in the other thread, so here's a link to an imgur album of my trip to Pripyat for convenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Dr_Amazing posted:

I just picked up SOC and I'm playing through with no mods. I'm only a few hours in but a quick question about artifacts and anomalies. A lot of the stuff makes it sound like the two of them go together.

In the first game anomalies and artifacts aren't necessarily together, so search around for artifacts anywhere that looks interesting. Most artifacts aren't worth equipping until you find ones that lower your radiation. In CS and CoP, artifacts spawn only in anomalies.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

frank.club posted:

I think a lot of the copper wiring and stuff got ripped out of prypiat a while ago. Enjoy the radioactive wolves kids!

I've been to Pripyat and they looted everything. Manhole covers in were looted. I'm kind of surprised the bumper cars and ferris wheel remained mostly intact, but all the electronic bits and motors powering them were long gone.

http://imgur.com/3wJYPKG

You can see where the motors powering this used to be, and there was nothing in there. Basically, if it had value, and you could carry it, it's not in Pripyat anymore.