Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
(Posting here since it gets more traffic)

My dumb idiot clan for idiots in Survarium is all paid off; Clowns of Survarium. Only requirement is you use decals to look ridiculous. As I refuse to actually invest any kind of serious nature into a game, it's mainly here just to connect people to have fun. If you want in just friend me in the game, name is theGASMASK. Need 3 more people to get it official, but there's no hard limit.

Edit for actual STALKER stuff:
I was trying to get CS working again, and no matter what it crashes when changing video settings or trying to start a new game. Deleted user.ltx, tried admin and compatibility modes, did it vanilla and with CS complete. I'm kinda at a loss. I'm not dying to play it since Survarium is currently satisfying my STALKER itch, and I lost the huge CoP mod I'd been working on in a HD crash... but it would be fun to give that a spin again.

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Cross posting from Survarium thread:

Bumping this since Steam release, update and NA servers go live tomorrow (April 2nd).

Will be doing a nighttime CoS thing (around 8pm EST) for any newbies who want to squad up/need a hand. As long as the release isn't broken... Anyone else is welcome to join! Steam name is A Slothful Bong, Survarium name is theGASMASK.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Bolow posted:

It looks like a grey crate on the minimap

This just shows how little the devs have explained. Me and DarkDobe are part of the "old guard", so any questions about poo poo should be tossed our way. So much of the game is discovered by trial and error, but (at least in my case) when figured out really expands the game lifetime.

I personally love it, as it nails a certain flow and handling that I haven't found in any other FPS recently. But it's definitely not for everyone, and as the early game can be a slog playing alone (Nevermind how much it seems like everyone is hacking; it's actually pretty rare).

If you're looking for a hard PvP shooter that requires some serious attention to sound and has a prevalence of one shot kills, Survarium might be for you. Give it a go, friend us and squad up, and if it doesn't jive no worries. But if it does, and you put in some time to master the mechanics, it has some of the most rewarding moments in any game (immediately followed by being teamkilled by a noob who knows nothing). Earlier today I had a match where I went 28/4 or something, and for most of it my heart was pounding and I was so in the zone (lol) I didn't even have to think. A quick check of the map, no friendlies ahead, some footsteps echoing down the corridor and then a massacre perpetrated by me.

It honestly reminds me of my experience with Hotline Miami 2. That rush of adrenaline, the knowledge that you have to trust your reactions and the tension that comes with that. Then a few minutes of calm, when you can't find any enemies but can hear gunfire in the distance. So you follow the source, knowing in a moment your life will be decided by the twitch reactions you've so effortlessly cultivated.

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 5, 2015