Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I really like the idea of Misery but I hate not having the minimap. I managed to get it back but it's only partially functional.

Also spawning in a new game and getting mauled by mutant cats sure sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
On the plus side Survarium is actually pretty cool. All that's in so far is the team deathmatch-esque game mode but the feel and the visuals and all that stuff are exactly right, so hopefully when they put in coop and free roam stuff in some months it'll wind up being pretty good as a new stalker game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I was wanting to play Clear Sky, but it keeps freezing completely, basically randomly, sometimes when I look at the ground (say, to look for a stash) it will freeze and i have to end the task. I'm running it with the Complete mod, but had the same issue with Clear Skies. Anyone have any experience with this?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Swartz posted:

I used to have that exact same problem with CS when I played it on Windows Vista. It would also periodically corrupt my save games.

I'm on Windows 8.1 now and it no longer happens.

It's hard for me to think it could have anything to do with OS, but maybe it does. What OS are you running?

Anyway there is no known fix for it unfortunately. CS was not properly bug-tested and took various community patches before it became even somewhat playable.

I'm on Win7 64, and man, that bums me out, I haven't played through CS in ages.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
LA is really cool the whole it freezing for like 10 seconds when you quicksave or hit escape thing is really ruining the vibe though.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ddraig posted:

First hotfix:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/omc6h97qrwb37db/Hotfix.7z

Changed a few textures and hopefully fixed the textures ltx (this is what I hate most about SoC/LA). Game should look slightly better without weird bump maps on faces.

Hey, so, I'm peeking into this thread after not having kept up with it, is this a mod that I install on top of Lost Alpha?

e: Well, this post specifically is a hotfix for that file, I know, but I mean the larger file linked earlier on the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ddraig posted:

Install the larger mod (the main addon) then install that one ontop of it. Should replace a few files, this is fine.

Awesome, I was thinking of giving LA another poke so I'm happy to see you working on cool things for it.