Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Had 4 CTDs with Lost Alpha so far. Rebinding the quicksave button to an already bound button will make it unlaunchable. Some bone animation crashes. This engine reminds me a lot of Clear Sky.

Even with all these crashes this is a drat good overhaul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is there a way to turn the gamma/brightness up in DX10 mode. There seems to be zero ambient light and the sliders don't do anything as far as I can tell.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Swartz posted:

Yep, got my first bone error log after rescuing Fox. Don't know what they added that would cause that error.

Yeah, same here. Reloaded my save and all of the npc's guns changed. Kinda weird.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Random question, this has been driving me nuts. You get a quest from Wolf to find a key to a stash. I found the key but completely forgot where he said the stash was. Can someone help me or even screenshot what he said?

If you check your pda it tells you that it is in his trunk somewhere. Not sure if it allows you to put a marker on the map.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Christ... ran in to a new bug that makes the game unplayable for me. Whenever I leave and come back to the trader the game's audio becomes stuck in reverb mode echoing every sound very very loudly.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Avocados posted:

What visual options are good to turn off to boost FPS in Lost Alpha? If I remember, there were a few options you could safely turn down/off that netted you big gains, and did little to change how the game looked. I already have AA turned off.

Turning grass density to about half made it run wayyy faster for me.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

drat, someone needs to go through and take some super high resolution screenshots.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I gave it another shot using some nvidia tools to force settings.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

nexus6 posted:

Loving Lost Alpha, it's like a fourth STALKER game. I've always been annoyed that no matter what other mods added or changed, the game still felt very familiar (I haven't played People's Soup though). This has blown me away so far, I've only got as far as the Garbage but I'm very impressed.

Does anyone know what setting I need to change to prevent myself going blind?

Looks like god is blasting the poo poo out of you with his rays.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
It has been storming non-stop during my current playthrough.

ples stop ples :negative:

Edit: This game just gave me my first bluescreen ever on this system.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 3, 2014

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Was putting poo poo in belts a thing before lost alpha. It seems really drat weird.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm starting to think that any graphics setting above plain static lighting is keeping the time of day and weather from changing.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
The pacing in Lost Alpha is pretty terrible. You go from using scraps in the first map to having more ammo than you could ever use and more than a dozen artifacts in the second. I haven't had a blowout yet but from what I've seen from videos of other people its just random insta-kill thunder for about 10 minutes instead of something cool like the rolling red clouds from CoP Sigerous mod.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 8, 2014

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
What is the go to mod these days? I've been playing various versions of sgm for years now and feel like switching to something new.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
A free roam mod. Cool. Gonna give it a go. Thanks.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
CoC + AO is very brutal. Had a mission to rescue a loner from the far end of the swamp during the start of the game. Made it all the way there and a psi-storm breaks out. I run away from the area to keep him alive and come back and take care of the bandits. Then on the way back the idiot start a gunfight with another bandit camp. I reload and go the other direction and run in to yet another bandit camp. The game really does not want this dude to live.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
They tweeted a message doubling down on NFTs and then deleted it.

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1471602276993310726

Edit: About the 3 people they plan to scan in to the game as NPCs. What are the chances they get /spit on by the community like how in WoW classic people would dog pile on people with real money paid for mounts? I feel like people will hunt these three people down in game for fun.

The crypto rewards seem to be to have your name in the game in wallets and messages as loot as well.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 16, 2021

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1471620399997886472

lmao

lol

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
anyway, stalker anomaly invictus runs are kicking my rear end

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

School Nickname posted:

I haven't even bothered with them, they're just pure punishment. I've heard the easy way to do it is be an ecologist, get their exoskeleton and five full emptys. Live off red bull and epinephrine as you are a walking tank with lung cancer.

Is Escape from Pripyat as customisable as Anomaly? I've heard the economy is stupidly brutal and there's a dearth of mutants since the modders wanted to make the game Tarkov-like.

The water in swamps and the trash piles in garbage are bugged and radiation free. The ai won't path on it so you can cheese the hell out of it.

I find my wall right now is the walk back out of radar's lab when all of the monolith spawn. I found out that you can get in easily by sneaking in through the red forest instead of going head first in to rail gun hitscans.

I'm going to try to spam a poo poo load of land mines on my way in to radar's lab next time.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
You can get a cheap shotgun with a scope from the weapon trader at the top of the boat for around 58k (price on the hardest difficulty) and then warp back to the rookie village via guides. You can the trade it to the female stalker for a hunting knife and decent armor with 3 belt slots. Way cheaper than buying it from the daytime trader in garbage.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Hope we get to see some of the Stalker 2 demo at Gamescom.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Twitch streamer Lennic should be getting some footage of it. He's a pretty hard core Stalker streamer.

lol he was in queue:

https://twitch.tv/videos/1906385181?t=952s

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

when did the name change from Chernobyl to Chornobyl

i've been the mandalorian effect-ed

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Control Volume posted:

Hopefully we can mod the poo poo out of it so modders can add all the super grindy survival things of GAMMA/EFP

I recall reading that adding in VR support to existing unreal games is doable.