Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I played a bunch of hours of SoC, got sidetracked, when I came back to it I had no idea how to play it and didn't really want to restart, so I skipped it and I'm planning on starting CoP.

What's the consensus for a first run? Mod-free? I think I have Complete around here, but AtmosFEAR 3 is supposed to be really good? Any minor mod/tweak I should look out for?

Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I did play quite a bit of SoC, I got to the bar, did a whole lot of quests after that, including something about a... military base? plans? I ended up getting into some sewers where something attacked me :gonk:

Then I went back to the bar, went to look for a scientist, and my quest marker glitched and kept pointing at the entrance to the trainyard area, got kinda fed up and never came back to it. :I

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm playing a runthrough with just Atmosfear and a realistic weapons mod on hard. I have the extra storms turned off through the atmosfear control panel though. I just like the better weather patterns.

If the extra gameplay stuff can be turned off and just the eye candy working, I'll probably end up using this one, I'm a sucker for moody weather in videogames.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

thekimjong-illest posted:

Ah, so you got to I'm assuming the agroprom underground, then were given the quest to go to the wild territory and save Kruglov from the merc ambush to get to Yantar and lab x-16. I'd really suggest giving SoC another go round with something like the Zone Reclamation Project installed. None of the other games really touched just how fantastic the first game was in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love CoP and to a lesser extent CS, but the level of exploration available in SoC is just amazing.

Aye, sounds about right; I googled a bit and agroprom looks like that underground bit I mentioned. I probably played an hour or 2 after that.

I may go back to it eventually, but I don't even know if I still have my save files and starting from the beginning again seems a bit... daunting.

/edit: Since we're on the topic, is The Zone Reclamation Project the go-to mod for a re-run of SoC? (I think I played it with Complete the first time).

And, second question: I got AtmosFEAR for CoP for the pretty factor, but I want to leave the game intact gameplay-wise; which are the extra storms, the psi ones and fallout?

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 4, 2013