Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Planning on starting a Misery 2.0 unfucked game, but not really familiar with it. From going through the thread here's what I know

I pick a class at the beginning and it gives me benefits/penalties towards that particular play style
Ammunition type is very important
Anomalies will gently caress me up without serious protection

Is there anything else I should know before starting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I'm crashing as soon as the game finishes loading and tries to actually start the game.

I installed pripyat, launched it once, installed misery 2.0, installed 2.02, installed 2.02 QF, applied Ddraig's unofficial fix with marked by the zone and logical black road optional applied.

I updated videocard drivers, tried with DX11 and DX10, and not sure what to try next outside of deleting everything and starting completely over.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Changing to DX9 and uninstalling that windows update didn't work, so I reinstalled everything testing as I went.

Game launched fine after each step(Pripyat install, misery 2.0, misery 2.02, misery 2.02QF, Ddraig's unofficial misery hotfix) and it works until I install the logical black road and marked by the zone tweaks, so one of those seems to be the problem. I installed them together so not sure which one it is.