Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ddraig posted:

Right now I'm focused on the weapon merge. I tend to get sidetracked rather easily, so I'm committing to this at the moment. Once this is done, I'll definitely consider it. I'm not sure if Clear Sky is one of those weird cases where created artifacts don't actually do anything to others.

I'm also not sure if there is actually a flamethrower mesh for Clear Sky, but I'll look around.

e: So I've pretty much merged all the weapons. I still need to go over TFW's additions to the weapons to see if they would be compatible with the meshes/hands AO uses, but right now I'm looking into how to distribute the weapons among the various factions.

Right now this is a paste of the weapon sections. Ideas would be welcome.

http://pastebin.com/pAvYcBC1

Right now I'm leaning towards the AK variants being spread among all the factions, with bandits getting higher priority of the lower-quality versions. Clear Sky getting some of the more heavy hitting ones and stalkers getting neutral ones.

NATO weapons going mainly to Freedom with a few minor ones going to Clear Sky

A lot of the machine guns and foreign weapons I'm going to put with the Mercs. Duty will be getting a few, along with most of the Warsaw weapons.

Loners I think will be getting a mix of weapons, reflecting their trade/looting of various other factions. Anyone else have any suggestions?

It'd be nice if bandits also used a mix of weapons since their whole thing is that they rob most anyone dead or alive of their supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Minarchist posted:

VSS is one of the best guns in SoC hands down, plus you get to practice with bullet drop physics since the bullet is so slow. Aiming 10 feet above someone's head and having it drop perfectly into a headshot is so satisfying :swoon:

Plus you can actually see the bullet in flight, it's seriously awesome. The Tunder/Groza is great too, I forget if you can mount a PSO scope on them (I remember doing it and it looks hilariously awkward) but it kicks rear end against any human enemies. It's not so good against swarms of mutants though.

Unironically one of my favorite parts about using the VSS is the horrendous drop on the cheap pab9 shots. I'm so used to using lovely pab9 rounds with it that I can pop heads at extreme ranges with it like it's nothing. The moment I have to use quality 9x39 rounds that have things like "good accuracy" and "miniscule drop", it all falls apart. I begin to struggle massively using quality ammo so badly that it's like a completely new gun to me that I can't figure out. :v:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Harminoff posted:

So I just got Shadow of Chernobyl. Do I get both the shaders and the The Zone Reclamation Project or just the Reclamation Project?

New to this series but saw it on sale on bundle stars and looks interesting. Anything else before I start?

Play it vanilla and save mods for future playthroughs, imo.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Only mod I'd really recommend for a first playthrough is just http://stalker.gamebanana.com/skins/75921

Harminoff posted:

May I ask why? Reading the op, it seems like that is just fixing bugs and issues that would be annoying playing vanilla. I was also looking at graphic mods which I don't think could really effect gameplay...
The base game is really solid and unique as it stands without needing to be modded to be a very enjoyable experience. It's worth a run through first to see what you'd like to be changed for consecutive playthroughs.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 16, 2014

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ddraig posted:

That controller thing is amazing because he's figured how to disable the tube attack. I had my own ideas for controllers but the tube thing makes them annoying to implement.

Those animations are badass, though. I'd like to see what happens with 2 handed weapons like rifles/shotguns.

There aren't any two handed animations for suicide. You just switch to your knife if you're holding a 2 handed weapon or any of the "non-weapons" like bolts, binoculars, grenades, etc.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
How do I rebind the spawn menu key for SGM geonezis? I like to use f2 for bandages and I don't see an option to change it. :(

vvvv Well I'm glad it's me just not understanding how to use this poorly translated mod rather than having to gently caress around rebinding stuff in a config potentially. :v:

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 9, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

SocketWrench posted:

When ever i finish the Brain Scorcher off i never head straight to Pripyat. i try to get back to the bar to repair stuff and replenish ala mad dash through the forest (seriously, gently caress all those damned dogs from nowhere). It always, always spawns military and Monolith at that entry checkpoint with all the crates and the van. By the time i get there there's only a few of which ever faction survived just in time for a squad of about 20 Duty to wander in. They get there just about the time I do and then the game spawns a few packs of dogs and a couple bloodsuckers. Course by the time I've gotten finished looting the next wave of friggen Monolith start spawning in and military walks in from the warehouse map...which is always weird as gently caress seeing that Freedom has that area under lockdown

I've beaten SoC 26 times now and I still don't touch the forest part of the red forest. gently caress those psuedodogs. I'd rather deal with the monolithian checkpoints full of snipers and rocketeers. It could just be that they scared me off really badly the first few times I played through it, but I still think it's just much easier to avoid them all together. Especially if you're returning to the bar after the brain scorcher and your only real threat is the military and the monolithian infantry that have a chance to be reinforcing the area.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

VDay posted:

Are there supposed to be a bunch of completely empty chests/stashes in the starting village in SOC and the nearby areas? The actual stashes with coordinates and map markings are fine, but every "regular" stash I've found so far has been completely empty. Is that a ZRP change or did the loot table get screwed up somehow during the install or something? It's kind of a bummer finding a bunch of little semi-hidden stashes only to get literally nothing from them.

You need to find the coordinates before you can find anything in the stash.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

TheTrend posted:

Been playing CoP with some advice from Ddraig. Running Arsenal Overhaul and CoP Reborn, but I have a question. I can't sell any guns that are only midly damaged which I remember being able to do, also things seem to cost a bunch more. It costs 3k RU to get to Yannov for example when I remember my last play through it cost 1k. Is this part of the pack, if so, it would've been nice to know :\

Also the stashes seem to have been messed with, and replaced with poo poo guns. The one outside of yannov just has a skorpion :(

You get the 1k travel price to yanov once you bring the guide some military maps of the area to improve his navigation.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Robot Randy posted:

You probably didn't install the 16:9 scope textures

I have the same problem and I just reinstalled the 16:9 scope textures to no avail. I'm just glad I enjoy iron sights as much as I do so it's not going to be a big deal to me except for when I have to assassinate the merc leader and scientist. :(

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Even better in OL is using the old hatckback that has the trunk in the front of the car and damaging the front end enough to where the hood flies off and bodies get stuck in the trunk, weighing it down too much to move. Two monolithians stuck in the trunk means the car will be tipping on its front wheels, unable to move. :v:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Doing autumn aurora for the second time and I just now realized that you can equip cat tails to your belt for absolutely no reason. Marked One just made the Zone murrier, purrier, and furrier than any stalker mod has allowed before.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 6, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Swartz posted:

I'm thinking about porting/upgrading Clear Sky to the COP engine. I have the code for both, so it wouldn't be hard to do, plus CS would get the cool changes like improved shaders, AI, more stable engine, and LuaJit 2.1 alpha.

Is there any interest in this or would I be wasting my time?

I don't think it would take long to do either.

Looking through the code more it looks pretty easy, just very monotonous and boring. The real challenge is getting the CS scripts ported over, not the code. The code is the easy part.

That sounds like it'd make replaying CS a hell of a lot nicer to do in a ton of smaller ways. I say go for it.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Swartz posted:

So tripping effect has arrived. It's WIP though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUWKhjMowc

Many thanks to the wonderful Meltac (Dynamic Shaders mod for SOC).

I just need to code it together so I can get the effects to play upon a trigger, such as taking a hit of lsd or whatever (with the sharpen effect it reminds me more of 2C-E, but alas).
goddamn that owns
I'm curious if it takes time to kick in, which I think would be a really nice way to introduce the drug effects. Like making the trees barely bend more than they what is natural at first and then having them slowly transition into the blatant all out tree dance party like in the video you posted. Admittedly though, I'm not sure how possible this would be with the game.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Lacedaemonius posted:

P. cool, but it needs more synth music.

In all seriousness though, I think it could benefit from a second randomly selected color filter each time you take the drug, so you can have a 'good' or 'bad' trip. I can only imagine how amazingly off-putting it would be to have fluorescent colors one trip, and then a dark-rear end sepia filter another.
Maybe also add a slight camera wobble to make combat a bit more difficult?

Dark sepia filter with those hallucinations you get when you take mental damage sounds like it'd really, really own. :allears:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Sajeezzar posted:

Any experiences of Autumn Aurora? I've checked out some clips and it looks pretty cool, but how does it play? I'm thinking about doing Misery or Autumn Aurora. I tried Misery a long time ago, but it started crashing horribly for me so I had to uninstall it.

Some things it adds are kinda weak, but overall it's not a bad stalker mod at all. It's worth a playthrough if it seems interesting to you, I'd say.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

ShadowMar posted:

Has Misery gotten any better since launch? I liked the concept of it but the balancing was really unfun to actually play.

worse unless you use additional mods

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Taffer posted:

Are there any cool recent big mods for SHOC/COP besides LA? I built a new computer and I haven't touched stalker in a long time, looking to play through it again, hopefully with some fresh mods.

some neat newer mods I'd recommend giving a shot are shoker weapon mod for CoP and autumn aurora 2 for SHoC
http://www.moddb.com/mods/shoker-weapon-mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Saint Sputnik posted:

I found a way to cheese it, during an emission. I lost some rep but not enough to make them hostile -- probably because I didn't have to kill the squad member who was dumb enough to walk through an anomaly while running from the storm and get himself exploded.
I love stalker so much

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ddraig posted:

Call of Pripyat doesn't really need any huge bugfixes.

For a vanilla+ experience I'd recommend Call of Pripyat: Special Edition

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=6459&sec_id=19

I'm loving dying. I guess this mod has a problem with recruiting the monolithians because the monolithians just murdered the gently caress out of freedom on sight. on the upside I just got some good NATO weapons

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

SocketWrench posted:

Honestly surprised there isn't a furry one or one with futurama characters or something

iirc one of the first character model swaps changed wolf into krystal from star fox

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Roadside Picnic can't be recommended enough. it very thoroughly owns

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
is misery trying to become a weirdo singleplayer DayZ mod on the xray engine or something

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Monolith. posted:

Is the main dude at the military checkpoint in the Cordon supposed to be made out of steel or something? I put 30 5.45 rounds into him and he just keeps on ticking like an Energizer battery. He's the guy that wants 10 bottles of vodka.

From what I remember, he is absolutely made of steel. He disappeared not that long after requesting the 10 bottles of vodka from me and then appeared right outside the entrance to the X-19 lab where there was about 15 or so mutants mauling him endlessly. He wasn't even shooting at the mutants, he was just staring at them with his gun drawn. After I killed the mutants, the only dialogue he had was asking about the 10 bottles of vodka with absolutely nothing relating as to what he was doing past the brain scorcher.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ddraig posted:

Fun little thing about Tushkano. I expect a lot of people won't notice this because the prompt is quite hard to read in the heat of battle, but there's a special interaction you can do with them in COC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKINcQQr7I

YESSSSS

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Motley posted:

Saw this thread and finally decided to pick up this game. I started playing and feel like I can't hit anything with my bullets. Should I not have started playing on Master difficulty, even though it's recommended for the experience? I've died a lot in the opening mission.

Edit: By "this game" I mean SoC.

stalker does have a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the combat, which isn't helped by most of the starter weapons being not very accurate. get up close and aim down the sights and you should be able to drop enemies fairly well still since your enemies are gonna be unarmored or lightly armored at that stage of the game. before long, the weapons will get considerably more accurate and powerful. if it bothers you too much to wait though, there are a ton of mods that try to rebalance the damage of stalker.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

"So, you managed to drag your rear end over here? Bravo!" is a really good line for him to bark with where he's at

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Vorenus posted:

gently caress off to the Misery team.

knowledge

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

DangerousDan posted:

Can any of you gents comment at all on the Russian 'STALKER Online'? Have any of you played it? Does it share a setting with the GSC Games, or is it part of the 'mythos' like Roadside Picnic, etc?

if you have a group of friends, it's loving hilarious. I only played it when they had russian servers up and so just about nobody but me and my friends spoke english on the server. the only people that spoke English that offered to help us ended up getting hunted down and murdered every time, so we never got much help until some well equipped ESL Hungarians offered to help us translate what quests were and read us rage face comics out loud over the mic. the game itself was a janky piece of poo poo, but it does convey a decent stalker atmosphere regardless. it's one of those games where I could tell pretty much endless funny/weird stories about. my biggest one is just my massive jealousy over a bunch of russians giving my friend the nickname "pig feet" after they saved her life and took her back to base when she was losing a fight against some wild boars in an attempt to loot their hooves. I want my own stalker nickname <:mad:>

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

That's weird, I thought that Duty was supposed to be neutral with the military even without mods. Are you sure they weren't Freedom corpses piling up? I always get their models confused.

from my experience duty is actually hostile towards the military in vanilla, to my surprise.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ddraig posted:

I think even stalkers draw the line there. Jesus christ that's a scary drug.

bandits

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
i love the idea that if it wasn't for the paranoia, there would be no downsides to shooting up needle after needle of meth

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

BobMcFartsens posted:

So CoP and SoC are some of my favorite games ever. But no matter what mods I try, I just can't get into Clear Sky. What am I missing?

nothing. it's the worst in the series by a considerable margin. it's poop from a butt

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ahundredbux posted:

Hmm consider not going to a mismanaged radioactive disaster zone

live a little

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

DJ Dizzy posted:

How bad can it be?

it's decent as a weird game on its own but it's really not how the rest of the series is.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

staberind posted:

A mod posted by a possible Russion on fallout 4 makes me want this in the zone http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15398/ also : just the vidyah of the mo0d, should you not be bothered with the nexus or fo4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbGww8pFpF0

this is very possibly one of the worst mods for any videogame I have ever seen. extremely nice

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
at that point just give the dogs unlimited hp and make the invincible dog complaints from the sa staker thread 9 years ago into a legitimate issue

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Killswitch posted:

If it's on Nexus, there's a good chance all the NPC models will have large dicks attached now.

and at the same time bc it's nexus that means there's 20k+ people getting unironic enjoyment out of it which is more than hostile bloatfly gun has going for it unfortunately

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
loaded a save in call of chernobyl after dying and i guess i pressed some hell button i can't figure out because now i have hud or first person weapon. help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

staberind posted:

I think you can have a look at gameplay settings and sort that out?
Ill have a look.
Options in the main menu has a bunch of settings in gameplay, scroll down until you find show weapon and so on.
or just try restarting then go back to the save..

that's the thing that threw me off because show weapon and the likes were still checked and there was no keybinding i could find either that would hide everything. restarting didn't help either but going back to an earlier save did, so no major loss at all regardless.