Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008
Is there any guides to installing Shoker 2.0 for COP? No matter which order I install the patch and translation (or not at all) it crashes after the various intro movies finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I ordered a new copy of SoC from some Amazon seller for $10 because I wanted to replay the game for the first time in a few years. I think they gave me the European version because there's a PEGI rating on the box and the artwork is different than I remember my old US copy being. The CD-key doesn't work when I try to activate it on Steam. Could that be a region locking thing? Is there any way I can get it to work with my Steam account or am I SoL?

I installed it from the disc and it started up fine, but I was really hoping to tie it to my Steam account :(

Nah, that sounds like the copy I bought from Game a few years ago. The original version of ShoC at least was released before Steakworks was a thing. If you're dead set on a Steam version, it frequently goes on sale for a few quid. That said, the disk version is good because a lot of mods require specific patch versions, and far as I know, there isn't a way of downgrading the Steam version.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008
Is there any particular sound overhaul to go for, in regards to CoP? I saw something called AA mentioned a couple pages back, but searching only gets me results about anti-aliasing.