Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

E.Nigma posted:

Adding about 1000 unnecessary items to clutter up the inventory. Like undergarments.

Yeah I dunno I mostly think that's funny so time well spent imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

So is there any information about what's in that Misery patch? There's no changelog there yet.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Revener posted:

how do I survive misery long enough to get to skadovsk, starting as recon.

It feels like snorks are everywhere and possess x-ray vision

I think I just crept around really slowly until I got past all of them. Dunno if something's changed for the new ver of Misery tho

I guess speaking of, I think people were saying that recons were messed up in old versions of misery. Are they fixed now?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

It takes me 10+ seconds just to open the menu when I hit esc. :lol:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

It's a multi-player patch that removes Gamespy and switches over to their own master servers, and also adds vsync.

http://www.stalker-game.com/en/?page=patches

Is this going to completely break every mod?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I downloaded the new Misery and ran around a while and got in a few fights and killed some people including mercs in actual armor and it didn't seem to be prohibitively difficult to do with the cruddy Skorpion I started with so I had a pretty good time. :shrug:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tried the beta out, doesn't seem that great. In fact the only interesting thing about it is how it looks kind of like STALKER but all that does is remind you that it's missing most of the stuff that made STALKER cool. No one is going to play that game when it comes out. No one on the entire planet is seriously jonesing for russian f2p call of duty.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Once upon a time I bought ShoC and CoP on Steam but they looked too dated graphically; was in the mood to try again after finishing Metro: Last Light. Started with Pripyat Complete, loving it but it's getting a little easy, so I might jump into an overhaul with crafting and skinning and whatever. Maybe Misery.

ShoC is a different story. I got some "complete pack" but I'm pretty turned off by what I've seen so far, so I may have to remove my whole install and try again with Alpha, because that's sounding good.

Something tells me lost alpha will do even less for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Two Feet From Bread posted:

mobs see you from across the map (and outside your game render area if you aren't at maxed settings), mobs have full auto sniper rifles, everything low level takes 10 hits to die (always stopped player after 3 game days), you die in 2 hits or bleed to death

I played the newest version pretty recently and didn't experience any of this. Didn't play enough to see how the economy is now but for some reason I doubt it's as bad as you're making it out to be.