Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Sounds like some kind of problem with your computer and Clear Sky just gives it a push over the edge. Try disabling sleep mode in Power Options, updating your graphics drivers, checking your cpu/gpu temperatures, and check the "Windows Logs - System" in Event Viewer for when you start the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I put the "Russian Audio Dialogue Mod" together when CoP first came out. The English voices were low quality in both voice acting and audio standards. They were all 44.1kHz but many sounded like 11kHz audio files in comparison to their Russian equivalents.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
All of my mods seem to still work.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
What mods would you recommend a newbie to Stalker use in SoC for their first playthrough? I've been getting a few people interested in Stalker, but my knowledge of mods is over 5 years old. I would just tell them to use Stalker Complete 2009 but I've heard that get some flak around these parts.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Here are those clips as wavs in a zip. I've gone through the audio a bunch for myself/videos/mods so it's easy. I use this extractor and convert ogg to wav using foobar2k.

The majority of translated dialog is in "sounds/character_voice/scenario", so look there for more.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 18, 2016

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

SpaceCoyote posted:

Quick and stupid question. I've had an interest in giving these games a shot for a while now. Unfortunately my computer is a POS Walmart special laptop. Would it work ok for at least SOC?

SoC is a 9 year old game at this point. When it was new, it required a good processor clock speed and a decent graphics card. It depends on just how "special" your laptop is. What are the specs?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Anyone have a good resource for learning Russian on your own? I've gotten a few "levels" in Duolingo, but I've never learned a language with a different alphabet, so not recognizing the letters is really slowing me down.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

AugmentedVision posted:

Thanks, I have the Steam version though, can I still use this (I assume I need to disable automatic updating or something)?

You can't completely disable automatic updates in Steam anymore, afaik. But there will probably never be another official update, so as long as you don't verify your files, Steam won't overwrite them.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
AO3 has this old style of viewmodels like Counter Strike 1.6 where the sides of your screen represent your left and right elbows, and you see more of the front arm the bigger the gun is. This is to show off the entire body of whatever gun you're holding, but just looks goofy if you focus on the arms.

I love the guns of AO3 and wouldn't play without it, but the animations could use an update. Call of Duty 4 and beyond does the first-person view models fantastically (imo), and most games have followed suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

staberind posted:

Same page.

different problems.