Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.
Finally started my first misery playthrough now that 2.1 is out of beta, and I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. A lot of the complaints made here are reasonable and make sense, but I'm loving the atmosphere, gunplay, and just how valuable every resource is. The way anomalies work now and the fact that they changed the stashes changes things up a bit too (no more making a run for the Vintar at the burned farmstead).

One thing thats nagging me though is I am losing health for seemingly no reason. Hunger is at "grey", no radiation sickness, not bleeding, and yet my health is constantly draining at a slow pace. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: I am not playing on Dark Mode either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

I remember just turning it off. It seemed even worse than vanilla Clear Sky.

I understand they want to prevent players from hunkering down in one spot but jesus christ this is not the way to do it.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

Well I'd like to give this a try but I'm getting all kinds of weird graphical effects. Using 1600x900 (native res is 1920x1080) the text gets all messed up with DirectX 10 Dynamic Lighting. Problem goes away with DX9 but then I get a minor strobelight effect when loading a save, goes away after 10 seconds, but the sky is this blinding white all the time.

Am I supposed to install this Directx10 file that comes with the game? Using Win7x64 and I'm pretty sure I've been using DX11 in most of my games nowadays but I don't know if DirectX is cumulative/backwards compatible/whatever you call it.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

nexus6 posted:

Loving Lost Alpha, it's like a fourth STALKER game. I've always been annoyed that no matter what other mods added or changed, the game still felt very familiar (I haven't played People's Soup though). This has blown me away so far, I've only got as far as the Garbage but I'm very impressed.

Does anyone know what setting I need to change to prevent myself going blind?

Does the skybox always look like that? I remember having that always-luminescent sky when I used DX9 dynamic lighting. Pretty sure it was a graphical glitch.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

Since the patch my audio, particularly spoken dialog, sounds loud as hell and echoes like crazy. I feel like therew as an EAX option before the patch but now its just "Sound Acceleration." Turning it on and off does nothing.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

I wish AA2 had given you the option to choose the preferred dialog langauge (or just kept it in english). The argument always comes back to atmosphere, which I think is kind of stupid, since the Marked One is supposed to understand what the gently caress they are saying.

On their forums at moddb (I think) they list a way to get the original english audio back. It involves deleting all the russian sound files the mod adds to your installation. Not too difficult really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

staberind posted:

presently I'm drooling over the next LA patch.

Are you saying there's an "official" LA patch in the works that should be coming out soon?

LA was a bit rough around the edges when it first came out (at least on my machine) so I figured I'd wait a bit before giving it a shot. If another major patch is coming out relatively soon, I might as well wait a bit longer.