Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I ever got my dream mod it'd just be the look of Misery and a really fleshed out urban areas. Is there some x-ray limitation that stops people from opening up the buildings in Prypiat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The finest Russian mail order bride for the man who makes a Sochi mod.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

Clear Sky is presently $2.99 at GOG; the others are on sale, too.

Make sure you get clear sky complete and/or the faction wars mod. Clear Sky is really fun.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

I think Clear Sky is probably my favourite of the three but it runs like poo poo for me. Getting a mod that fixes the weapons is a must, though, the base guns are atrociously bad, even upgraded.

For the love of god this, otherwise your bullets will leave the barrel at 30 degree angles

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

I don't know if it's anything like SHOC but pace your shots, as there is a settle time (think it's around a second) and once you figure that out you can get surprisingly accurate.

Oh no it's not that, it has to be experienced to believed. Almost forgot about the grenades, hahah hope you enjoy grenades.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

Hah! It's kinda weird how GSC evolved the mechanics. SHOC seemed very ridiculous and I didn't fully understand it until reading the ZRP notes. COP's was much better in that you could do pretty well with the starting AKS-74U as long as you were careful, and the PM was much more accurate than in SHOC.

The 'realistic weapons mod' suggested for SHOC Complete seems like a good idea, but it radically unbalances the game; the AK-74 remains competitive start to finish, the early game is very easy, the late game is very hard - whereas Vanilla is pretty progressive as long as you get the right guns.

I'll try CS with the complete mod as reading the OP it sounds poo poo without it.

There was a time where I was considering putting clear sky as my favorite vanilla stalker, then I met the military death turret.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epileper posted:

i saw a stalker film: monolith's whisper. it's a fan film of course so it's a bit limited. didn't think too much of the dialogue/action sequences, the plot has a few interesting (if expected) twists but ends on a cliffhanger that doesn't make any sense

still cool tho

I think you were just playing SHoC

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I forgot how intense lab x-16 was and the pseudo-giant in the tunnels after. Then the fight back to the bar got a bit insane when 2 bloodsuckers popped up and started to ice all the mercs around me. Brain Scorcher time!

E: can anyone remind me how to get into the stash at room 26? The door us locked and I can't remember how to get it open.

Double e: .Figured it out, finally beat SHoC!

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 10, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

That was quick! I lucked out with that pseudo-giant - he ran across the intersection of the tunnel to my front, and I never saw him again. It was fortunate too, because I was down to just my pistol having lost horrendous amounts of ammo battling the snorks and zombies with the professor in the swamp. It was my fault, really. I hadn't brought enough ammo before heading to X16.

Anyone else prefer SHoC's pripyat to COPs? Much as I love COP I felt their version was a bit dull.

For this run I brought along an RPG every where I went :metal101:.
I was playing Oblivion Lost for this, while it's a good mod for some things when it came to Prypiat it became the worst. It does this thing with controllers that beefs the poo poo out of them and adds insane attack damage on top of doubling their attack speed. What's worse is of there's a controller anywhere on the map your screen will sway side to side every few seconds- it's immensely frustrating and actually cause me to restart the game a few weeks ago because I couldn't figure out what was happening.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have any idea how I'd uninstall oblivion lost for SHoC?
E: hey look Clear Sky Complete survived the uninstall, I love the banter at freedom base
Double E: lol so does the Misery 2.1 beta purposely spawn you with no weapons or items and one dollar or..?

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 11, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

Does anyone know if there is a Clear Sky mod that makes the mouse move more quickly in menus? Vanilla SHoC had the same problem, which the Zone Reclamation mod fixed, but I can't find anything like that for Clear Sky. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if there's a simple fix.

I want to say Clear Sky Complete? I got to be serious here CS complete is great and if I could get a ballistics mod CS would be my favorite STALKER.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dead City isn't in vanilla is it?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clear Pie

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Missing Name posted:

Sorry for dp, wanted to call attention to the MISERY changelog 2.1

You did it!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that poster in yantar still like 75 mb or something stupid like that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It has suck in the name it's basically required.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm strapping in for a meltdown, baby.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By compadre do you mean a dedicated companion? One of the things I liked most about misery was being able to tag along with a group of Stalkers across the zone. It'd be great to have a friend I could hire or persuade to come with me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell am I supposed to do about the psi level near the scientist camp in Clear Sky?

E: Figured that out. Now I have new problems

Lots of targets outside of 5 feet on Clear Sky! The goddamn shotguns are more accurate at range.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 31, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doesn't the one tucked away in a stairwell in Pripyat whip out an RPG on you if you come with your gun up?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright so I need to be told how to get Shoker working or how to install it. I got it all set up how its readme tells me to do it. I try to start it from the host file in bin folder and it opens up the box, though it's all in Russian. Clicking on any of those either starts the game which instantly ctd's or it just doesn't do anything.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monolith. posted:

Get the installer, install it as best you can (the important parts are in English). Make sure you have a clean install of CoP or it'll probably crash. I didn't install Atmosphere or S.W.T.C, make sure you tick the steam version check box. Launch it from the icon on the desktop and click the top button, I think. If it didn't crash or mess up, you'll be greeted with a custom load game, new game, etc screen. Also, make sure you point it at the Stalker folder, not inside it or it'll mess up too.

Deleted and installed cop again. Then installed shoker. I can't really decipher what it says but whatever I saw the bits about steam. I started it and while it doesn't run the game the x-ray engine is running.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aight I got SoC reinstalled so what's the step by step to get LA running?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long does this take to install the "main game files"?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like the intro

I really like the everything

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 30, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the helicopter sound supposed to be constant?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Probably not. I recall reading about a fix in the forums.

New Yantar is really neat. I imagine a lot of LA isn't surprising to people that have messed around with stuff like Build 1935 or whatever, but I'm having a blast.

Same. I'm really excited to get to Prypiat. I've seen some cool/funny poo poo and finding the tunnels was great.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

closeted republican posted:

It happens in build 1935, so maybe they're trying to keep the spirit of b1935 alive. :patriot:

I'm surprised they didn't add an easter egg that makes it so that every NPC is a military one, like in an unmodified copy of Build 1935.

Well I did actually see the helicopter after it posted that. It's just that the sound is like it's directly overhead even underground

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avocados posted:

Bummer. I was hoping I'd stop hearing that eventually.

The dude made it sound like the chopper was a threat, but it hasn't fired on me yet. Just make your mind think it's white noise.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hey the garbage is actually a garbage map anymore. Jesus it's all so nice. Why?
Man the detail. On your first walk into the place look down at the road for the sign.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 1, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this the experience like when SHoC was first released?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus and I thought the bar entrance was a bitch to fine in SHoC

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda wish the .44 had more oomph.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coughing Hobo posted:

Underground in Agorprom, chasing a Burer amidst a pack of zombies. I've used what feels like two hundred bullets and he's still truckin'. I lose him around a corner, so I decide to concentrate on the zombies. Move two rooms deeper, Burer right in my face.

Knifed him in the grill, he goes down.

Good to be back, STALKER.

He walked right into the bubbly acid poo poo and went down quick for me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basticle posted:

Using the patch now. on Full Dynamic DX9. Runs much better.

But what the hell is this? A setting I need to change?

Suicide is the only way out now, stalker.

In my attempt to find a way out of the bar I came across a stalker shredding a guitar
Holy bleeding Christ how do I get out of here

frank.club fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 3, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno I saw some cool things the AI was doing. On my way out of the bar a pack of blind dogs started rushing me. I got ready to fight em off but they ran pass me and went after a group of fleshes nearby. The only odd thing I've seen was a completely visible poltergeist hanging around the forest.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fish Fry Andy posted:

So I guess I ran into a fun bug. The passcode I was given by the game to get into X-18 was wrong.

Almost every single one of my gunfights has ended with an NPC throwing a grenade at his feet. Granted, the fights beforehand were pretty good, but there's nothing like having a 30 minute gunfight end with a guy's body flying out of the darkness as his own grenade detonates.

Hahah hell yes I've seen a monolith squad get taken out by a friendly grenade.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

One thing about the Misery fan base is that it loves rape!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/women-in-the-zone

There are no women in the Zone because of :biotruths:

Then there was that excellent piece someone wrote about their personal back story for the Black Road where Degtyarev is robbed and raped by a group of bandits because they gonna gently caress you til you love them.

Reminds me of watching a video for a big upcoming ArmA3 mod where for a split second a 'rape' command came up on the action wheel.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

Being able to secure military victories via the medium of rap battles would be pretty sweet.

Someone really needs to make a Misery 1.5, with the gameplay aspects of 1.0 with the non lovely elements of 2.1, like the in game class selection, aesthetic improvements and such.

But what about the vision?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

If you didn't think STALKER was creepy enough, why not add in a dash of traditionally unsettling Russian cartoon characters? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MW3iMsi204

Nope gently caress that thing