Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
FYI: Bone animation errors will cause CTD and corrupt that save file. The bug reporter crashes if you try to save the report to send it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Swartz posted:

Yep, got my first bone error log after rescuing Fox. Don't know what they added that would cause that error.

That is exactly where mine happened as well.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Vorenus posted:

I'm really liking the ironsight accuracy, can't remember if it was this good in SoC but I headshot a bandit from across the factory yard with a sawn-off dart round and I highly doubt I could have done that in CoP.

One of the main reasons I fell in love with the original SoC was sniping bandits during early game using a sawed-off shotgun. It was ridiculous, can't remember if it got patched later on though.

Vorenus posted:

Those zombies, and the tunnel in general, are horrible. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like headshots work on LA zombies, though there were plenty of gravs for them to just stumble into. Now I have to go back through and kill more, and even if I was up to taking on the checkpoint I can't seem to take the road. Was heading back from Fox, holding W and suddenly I'm walking backwards and left and I pretty much just alt-F4ed because STALKER freaks me out that much sometimes.

The anomalies in the tunnel won't kill them permanently if you lure them in, either. They'll go down for a bit and then get back up if you get close.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

closeted republican posted:

How is LA's gameplay? Is it mostly vanilla SoC, or are there some features from CoP and famous mods in it to make things more interesting?

It is as different from SoC as CoP and CS were, even the starting quests and locations are very changed.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Its been so long since I have felt utterly retarded playing a game. Every new area gives me something hilariously simple for me to screw up :allears:

Edit: Also my car ran out of gas entering Darkscape again to get the flash drive tool I left in the cave :(. Did all that wandering about in Dark Valley and entered X18 before realizing I forgot to get it out of my stash in the cave. Agh.

So I'm guessing vehicles only work in the new maps? I mean, there's clearly no way to drive one through the garbage, even with the additions at either end.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Avocados posted:

As an aside, what didn't make it to the release besides extra polish and bugfixing? Or was that all that was left to do? As far as I remember, LA was doing the whole "done when it's done thing" until the leak came out, then the devs quickly tied it together and released it as is.

There's a lot of really, really large and empty areas of map with nothing interactive or loot related to be found in them, surface Agropom for example, which I suspect would have been fleshed out further.

On that note, what's the deal with blowouts? Do they actually exist in the way they were supposed to during alpha (Random and kill you if you're outside during them), or are they still scripted and essentially non-existent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Vorenus posted:

Hey, I ran into this too. Hopefully the patch fixes it.

Did you guys both kill SIN rather than negotiating for Fox? I understand this is a bad thing to do.