Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Pepsi-Tan posted:

The thing about Survarium is that it's like in alpha stage. It's basically a tech/mechanics demo of their engine and gunplay. They have every intention of making a free-play co-op STALKER mode, but that's pretty far down the line. I sure hope they make it without their company imploding.

Yeah, its a demo and also allows them to get some funding from crazy folks willing to buy in when its still at such an early stage. Then again, I too am one of the folks that drops crazy amounts of money on alphas, luckily I've started to learn better than buy in instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
God yeah, what I would love a mod that put in more random base artifacts that you find in the regular anomaly fields then a couple extra special ones that you have to go searching for like the Oasis or compass. Not gamebreaking artifacts but they give interesting stats that you can screw around with.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, the only reason to pay in every other version is you can't kill the guys in the room fast enough because the little hallway makes it easy to just lean and kill all the dudes that slowly come walking in on you so you just need to be able to blast the leader and guard fast enough.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
It is really fun, only problem I'm having is that I'm getting a huge white polygon Flashing over half of Cordon. Could probably fix it with a reinstall but its enough of a reason for me to wait for a patch or two before really getting into this game.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, I had to go looking for how to load my gun on Google as well so they don't exactly make it easy to find.

Has Survarium progressed past its Team Death match stage yet? I mean i see they are stopping the sale of Founders packs on monday so something might be happening but as cool and Stalkerish as the game looks I don't see buying in just yet anyway.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Azran posted:

Considering I do not enjoy a lot of the most simulation-y stuff that you do in Misery (like having to buy a stove to cook your food, the insane amount of useless items, how hosed up the economy is) would I enjoy Misery 1.2? I never really played it so I don't know what's the difference, but if they made a 2.1 version it must mean the original one is really good?

Oh, alright. Thanks. :)

Yeah, 1.2 is basically just extra hard mode, the only big changes over the basic game are a few new weapons and alpha squads that can gently caress your day up at long range. Other than that they don't have the thousands of bits and pieces that just drive you crazy. If they had just taken 1.2 and added more quests, areas, and maybe some artifacts it would have turned into the game everyone on these forums was getting super hyped about.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, Clear sky Faction Mod is a good one its basically you choose a faction then fight a war for control of the zone while in between you grab a couple artifacts or some loot if you can.

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=23060&sec_id=21

My first holy poo poo this is a weird mod was when after clearing out some bandits walking down the road of cordon a group of stalkers approach and claim that I just stole their loot. It then gave multiple options to interact and tied into the faction system, was a very cool moment if you can get over the fact that that's basically the entire game the story got completely removed.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, you have to really be in a mood to just fight Npcs for the whole time for faction wars to be fun. But yeah realistic gunplay and a full world are hard because enemies are given high HP to keep them from dying off before you can visit the place.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I never really had any issues with Misery either, but it seems to turn some people into frothing maniacs. :ssj:

The launch of 2.0 was a real huge letdown for us, we got super hyped thinking that more stuff was coming and everything already in was getting better the hype train was loving huge. Then they basically just give us more little fiddly bits, extra areas with very minor work done to make them worth even seeing, and a metric fuckton of bugs that they said they fixed but didn't and you can see why folks got really angry about the game. Especially Ddraig because he wrote fixes for some of the code but the misery team just discarded them.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
All of a sudden I got an image of a Zone VooDoo doctor who you have to jump through a warp like the cordon train tracks tunnel but that sounds like a lot of work. An artifact probably electrical type that zaps your brain and rewires you to be normal sounds like a decent plan.

Another Hunting and/or long range shotgun like the ToZ would be a nice addition as well, I love being able to put slugs into dudes at a distance but the ToZ with its 2 shells just has firepower problems and the shotguns with bigger magazines get very wobbly at range.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
SGM 2.2 is fun and adds a ton of quests and some new areas to the game but a few of them are annoyingly broken. If you enjoy a difficult stalker experience I would recommend Ddraig's patched version of Misery. Its a cool mod that makes the world feel really awesome but it gives you lots of little fiddly bits that can get annoying but with the bugs fixed its a decent game.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Nails posted:

Oh drat. I've made a habit of selling my extra artifacts when I get them, so I generally only have one or two of each at the most. I just sold some to get more money. drat, I'll hold onto them for next time. So when I'm in combat, I should be using artifacts that buff my resistances? I've got Moonlight, and that one is super awesome, but I wasn't really sure about the other artifacts. Maybe I should look them up on a wiki or something.

It all depends on what armor you wear most of the time but I usually have an adventure set that has Stamina and carrying capacity, a set to cover low resistances for anomaly diving, then a couple for HP regen. Its possible to have tons of artifacts and be able to max out any resistance you need at any time but I always found that most of the time after I've gotten to the mid game there are enough med kits around and you can mod some armor to be general purpose enough that 90% of the time I run the Stam set and anything else just takes up space I could be using for that Sweet Loot.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Hell if they fix the first two you can easily skip most of the cut scenes which are the really terrible and off putting parts of the plot. Just the A-Life system will be great the current version feels is decent it just doesn't produce the stories that you expect from a stalker game due to the empty maps.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Killswitch posted:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/news/ogse-0693-open-beta-test-and-development-report

LOL, they're going to include their weapon add-ons afterall... and they have shotguns mounted to assault rifles in replacement of grenade launchers. :unsmigghh:

goddamn OGSE :allears:

Holy poo poo, it sounds like OGSE will be even more stable than the vanilla game. Granted that's not a terribly hard thing to do but the insane amount of work they've put in looks amazing. The only problem is all of a sudden I've gotten chills like somehow this can't be true and we will end up in another Misery 2.0 situation because it can't be nearly as good as it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Black Parasite makes me think of something chewing on a person's nervous system causing random weapon discharges, dropped gear, or shaking through the body make the stalker go through surgery to remove it and/or meds to suppress it.

Something that Infects/affects artifacts that can reverse their bonuses or increase the radiation output or just completely turns them to slag and you have to either toss everything on your belt to get rid of it or find an anomaly or other way to cleanse them.