Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I downloaded the Stalker Shaders recommended in the OP for CoP. But it kinda sounds, looking by the weird description in the website, that it isn't needed/doesn't work with CoP?

I played SoC a fair bit with Complete, how better is ZRP? Does it add anything else/different besides bug fixing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe it's a really stupid question, but where's the st_characters.xml file in the Steam version of CoP? Can't find it anywhere, and supposedly it's on gamedata/configs/text/eng. There's only two AtmosFEAR related files there.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Unless you have extracted it from the archives or it's not included in a mod it won't be in the gamedata folder. I'm sure some kindly goon would be able to upload it somewhere if you don't feel like messing around with the database extractor.

Whoops. There we go, forgot that extracting it was A Thing. :downs: Extracted the file; do I have to put it in the place where it should be normally for the changes to take place, right?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Man, I'm way too much of a packrat for CoP it seems. Rolling around with a 2000 rounds of different sizes is kind of frowned upon by the weight system! :v: I'm enjoying myself a lot though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there any recommended Misery Unfucked patches for 2.1? I just finished CoP and I wanted to try it out because hey, it has a lot of really nice features. But I remember people talking of fixes for some of the dev team's ideas.

EDIT: Or spawn mods, really. I kind of want to toy around with all the new stuff they added.

EDIT 2: Pseudogiant spawned in the tall grass surrounding Skadovsk. :shepface:

Azran fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 11, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Nevermind. Arsenal Overhaul is amazing. :stare:

Is there a way to change the UI to the Atmosfear 3 one?

Azran fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 12, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Reinstalled SHoC, and it looks gorgeous with Autumn Aurora 2. Is the game significantly harder?

Edit: Haha, just as I post this I get headshotted by one of the bandits that captured Nimble. At least it wasn't from half a kilometer away like in Misery. :v:

Azran fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 13, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I was pretty surprised when I heard Brothers in Arms playing in Skadovsk.

You really can't forget about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK2lNuiD7gM

Alternatively, stuff from the Metro 2033/Last Light OST. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I hosed up. I was trying to fix the issue with the binoculars in Arsenal Overhaul 2.2, and ended up changing the lightning setting to Full Dynamic Lighting (DirectX 10) and the game now crashes a couple seconds after starting up. I tried manually changing the setting from 2.5 to 1 in the user.ltx file, and nothing. Erasing it did nothing either. Do I have to do a complete reinstall?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Try deleting the shader cache folder. It's either in the COP folder or my documents. It could be that even though you've changed it manually, the cache is still causing crashes.

There was actually another user.ltx file inside the shaders folder which had a different shader setup. Changed that and now it's working properly. Thanks :)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Pipski posted:

I'm just in the process of reinstalling SoC, and this caught my eye. Is AA2 compatible with SoC Complete, do you happen to know? Also, how variable is the weather in it? All the screenshots are beautiful, but there doesn't seem to be much weather going on in any of them (rain, thunderstorms, or whatever).

I don't know honestly, I stopped using SoC Complete after people told me ZRP was better in every regard. :shobon:

I've not played that much so far, I'm still toying around with Arsenal Overhaul 2.2 in CoP. Man, what an useless answer on my part. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Does anyone else suffer from stuttering while playing Arsenal Overhaul 2.2?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Considering I do not enjoy a lot of the most simulation-y stuff that you do in Misery (like having to buy a stove to cook your food, the insane amount of useless items, how hosed up the economy is) would I enjoy Misery 1.2? I never really played it so I don't know what's the difference, but if they made a 2.1 version it must mean the original one is really good?

Monolith. posted:

It's Call of Pripyat, it does that. Shoker mod didn't stutter too badly but welcome to the Xray engine.

Oh, alright. Thanks. :)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Having a really weird issue here. I'm only using E.nigma's Arsenal Overhaul 2.2 for CoP. I did an entire playthrough with no issues; a patch downloaded the other day and now welp.

Already did a complete reinstall, and it would not actually start the game, even without mods. It would just sit forever in a loop of "Wait while Steam launches this game" messages appearing and disappearing.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Yeah, I decided to ditch Misery 2.1 and now I'm back to 1.2.

But also AA2 for SoC.

AA2 is just amazing. The difficulty curve seems different though, considering two random bandits ambushed me near the north of the Rookie village and I got an SVD and a Saiga from them. Then I found Vampire near the stash near (which is oddly fitting), and after killing him I got an upgraded SiG with a grenade launcher. :stare:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

E.Nigma posted:

Sounds like you need to verify your cache.

That message you get after crashing doesn't tell us anything it's just computer gibberish. What you need to post is the bottom of your last log file found in the appdata folder in the main cop folder. I'm guessing you installed the pripyat reborn addon. I never released any patches for 2.2 because there were no reported issues with it.

Cache verified, nothing missing.

And I didn't even know there was a mod called Pripyat Reborn. :v: I'm only using your mod. The patch I mentioned was something Steam downloaded, I'd presume it's the Gamespy removal thing?

Also, completely unrelated but I used to crash to the desktop whenever I put a water bottle in my quick use bar.

Fake edit: Oh right, the log. :downs: Is it the .txt or the MDMP file? For some reason, deleting character_desc_general.xml makes the game "actually" start but with some textures missing. Might as well reinstall.

Azran fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 4, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

For some reason Atmosfear's Psi Storms make my game crash constantly. :(

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Arsenal Overhaul is great if you like guns. But don't ever put water bottles into your quickslot. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

To save myself some time while on a holiday outside my city, I downloaded CoP on a lovely laptop without noticing the client was set to Spanish.

When I copied over the steamapps folder to my gaming PC (in which I've installed CoP plenty of times, and where the Steam client is in English) I did the usual verification of final files, etc and when I run the game, it was in Spanish. I felt silly, so I deleted everything and reinstalled.
The language is still Spanish. :psyduck:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I hated the factory in the second map because I have to walk aaaaall the way to the exit in an exosuit. I really wish there were a secondary exit out the compound closer to the crashed helicopter.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It seems that the lua file here is set to private?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Playing with Arsenal Overhaul 2.3 and I had to disable emissions, psy storms and fallouts because they are killing me inside Skadovsk. :( In the cantina, Owl's shop and with Kaidan.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh Stalker. :allears: Thanks.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Got my Survarium invite. :toot: I just realized how goofy the name is.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Someone gifted me Clear Sky - does TFW alleviate all the technical issues that plagued that game? Wasn't there an improved version made by someone in this thread?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

staberind posted:

Well, unless you have already played it through, tfw basically dumps a good amount of the game, & tightened up the FW aspect, its more for people who have played through the vanilla game a few times,
*somehow*
I think I used clear sky complete, but as with all mods, ymmv.

there is a good AIO tfw made by a goonsire itt, perhaps the latest itiration is a few pages back, presently I'm drooling over the next LA patch.

I don't really care about story in videogames, and I've already watched perochialjoe's LP of this game so :v: I am going to try Arsenal Mod though - I loved that mod in CoP.

Is Lost Alpha good, I take it?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Vaguely STALKER-related, I was checking around GSC's new website and I while looking at their titles, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmQ6jDJS_b8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnG6uY0eS4o

And well, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96UnChRqxS0

Still, pretty funny that they made two shooters (one of them uses modular weapons, reminds me of Republic Commando) and decided to make a whole lot of RTSes before going back to the FPS business :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Okay, so I installed The Faction Wars. Found the initial group of Stalkers on the road, and my guy mentioned creatures so I guess I skipped a encounter or something. Now I've spent like half an hour running around Duty's base, and it seems the commander won't accept me. How do I get a gun, for starters?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

To join any faction, you're going to have to do a whole lot of bitchwork to actually get in with the cool kids. The faction trader should give you the missions you need to do, and those are generally easy poo poo like killing a stalker or mutants. To get a gun you could get lucky and find one off of a freshly dead stalker or you could just wait until the murderchopper makes a run

Which one is the Duty faction trader? I found a guy in the main building and then another one on the canteen and they had nothing to give me at the moment.

Also were there any enemies in the initial area I somehow skipped?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

On that topic, one of the Stalker devs' earliest games is now on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/game/venom_codename_outbreak

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Was it ever confirmed STALKER 2 was being worked on?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

Looks too poor (in terms of model quality) and too futuristic to be from Metro, but I never completed the second Metro game, so maybe.

Yeah, no idea where the helmet is from but the armor looks like something from Metro.

Man, I loved seeing the Spartan Ranger suit in Misery.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I have Arsenal Overhaul installed for CoP right now, but I want to try out this Call of Chernobyl thing. Is there an easy way to remove the AO stuff or should I just reinstall?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I never played Clear Sky unmodded. I decided to go into the Red Forest to look for Forester and :stare: controllers, giants, chimeras and burers everywhere.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ddraig, I installed your mod (except for the A-life changes) and all the outfits/helmets are having weird icon issues. For example, the Exoskeleton icon is half a combat jacket and half a clear sky jacket.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Didn't Arsenal Overhaul have correct gloves for every suit? Once E.nigma ports it over, this is going to be the greatest STALKER thing ever.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So if I installed CoC over my CoP directory, should I uninstall and reinstall both?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My first mission as a Freedom member involved rescuing a dude from the Garbage. I go to the bandit station where he's being kept, and I decide to make a run for it after killing the first couple guys I found. As soon as I tell him to follow me, I see every bandit start shooting through the windows, towards the tunnel. Five bloodsuckers were rampaging through the couple bandits on that side, and they started to enter the station. The prisoner got tag-teamed and killed pretty fast, so I decided to just say gently caress it and run away.

CoC owns.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Minarchist posted:

Anyone know how to get to these two anomaly fields in the NE of the red forest map? Everything's blocked off by unclimbable hills or some dumb barbed wire.

Go towards the bottom-most anomaly, where there's normally a Burer and a derelict T72. From then, go north and you should find a small tunnel (with a really nice friend!) that takes you past the hills IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Minarchist posted:

Well, I found the anomalies, but it was a bit of a bust. The Fresh Bones anomaly kills you as hard as it is possible to be killed (vortex + multiple burners) and only had 2 droplets, and The Field Where I Died has an artifact but it won't spawn even when I'm on top of it with the Veles detector out. At least I got to fight a pseudogiant and 2 electro Burers at the same time at night near a ton of anomalies I couldn't see through all the brush :suicide:

Got out alive, albeit empty handed and short of ammo. Gonna hit up Forester with 120K and get my gear pimped properly.

e: found a snowflake in a random electo field. Yay! Too bad my suit has no artifact containers. Also went from 120K down to 40000, that's just from maxing out my armor, helmet, and AN94 :stare:

I also found a Military squad while going towards the T72. They were shooting at something. I was Duty so I said "heh, what the hell, I'll help them". Some cat nearby made some noise so I thought they were fighting one of those or maybe a pack of pseudodogs. At worst, a bloodsucker. Nope, motherfucking Chimera.