Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Any suggestions for finding Veles detectors in Misery? On my sniper playthrough I found 2 total, I think 1 from a stash and one from a quest reward. I searched corpses, traded every random stalker, checked every vendor every time I went to town, and never saw another one.

If I recall correctly, one of the scientists starts selling the detectors among other stuff after you do enough work for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Acquire Currency! posted:

Beurers replaced with Newman.

I was about to say the same thing.

Something like

but with a bit more effort

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

straight jerkers posted:

I downloaded the new Misery and ran around a while and got in a few fights and killed some people including mercs in actual armor and it didn't seem to be prohibitively difficult to do with the cruddy Skorpion I started with so I had a pretty good time. :shrug:

Wait until you get to Jupiter Factory. The difficultly of the firefights didn't annoy me as much as the orgies of mutants that made the game impossible. I had to fight 2 chimeras, 3 burers, a pack of dogs, a couple of zombie groups and a poltergeist at the same place. That's when I gave up on misery.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So I've been playing Shadow for the first time, and it's my first experience with STALKER outside of reading Roadside Picnic forever ago and getting the game on steam, booting it up, and being confused and dying a lot for two hours before uninstalling it a few years back.

I'm heading into the sarcophagus now, and honestly, while I've loved the game the whole way through, these last few areas have not been doing it for me at all, ever since they've started boosting enemy counts for the last few story missions and started doing the more action-y setpiece things. Are the other games a bit more in line with the tone and gameplay at the start of the game, or do they latch more on to the lategame stuff?

Clear Sky has the same problem and you're not missing much skipping it. The Call of Pripyat ending is a lot quicker. There is still a massive battle but it is a single mission that you can't just stumble into through inertia. CoP plays a bit differently than the first 2 due to the map changes. Instead of a many interconnected zones you have 3 large, dense zones that work similar to WoW zones where most of the quests are self-contained. This means you're never in a position where you are basically forced to finish the game because you can't be bothered walking all the way back to the bar. Also unlike SoC, you get to spend a lot more time in Pripyat doing side-missions if you're into that.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Jehde posted:

There still hasn't been any actual gameplay footage or anything. At this point it's no different to Areal.
???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjDMwsbaSd8

While I'm sure it will be delayed, the game is definitely coming out unless they managed to swindle Microsoft into giving them money for exclusive rights to supposed vaporware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Jehde posted:

:lol: if you think this is actual gameplay and not a scripted pre-render.

I mean that's a pretty standard "gameplay" trailer these days for the industry. You better warn Microsoft if you think the game is an extraordinarily elaborate scam.