Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Loving the CoC mod so far, a friend recommended it to me but a question that's been nagging me is how on earth do I get CoC to function within steam to use the steam api and steam streaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Rayjenkins posted:

You should see +Add a game at the bottom left of the steam window.

I tried that at first but it seems that the coc .exe acts like a launcher. A very bad launcher as steam says I've stopped playing as soon as the game proper loads up.

e: if nothing else I'll just fall back on my xsplit license. Not my preferred choice as it drains so much of my desktop resources

PseudoFaux fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 10, 2015

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
I just got pinned down in the swamps for the last hour because of a helicopter. Got tired of the helicopter just hovering over me, thinking I'd wait him out and let an emmission take care of his rear end (I've got anabolics) but nah, 60 minutes later and I've made absolutely 0 progress. But gently caress if I'm gonna give up my VSS. I'll try and be less patient later.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

Have you tried shooting it down?

All I had with me was a VSS and a Protecta. Just now, no less, got pinned in a box while an emission was going on. Seems Heli AI is more static during a blow out since that thing decided to just sit in one spot and let me plink it to death with SP-6 rounds. Unfortunately, it takes 2-3 full clips.

e: Adding steam to launch as administrator allowed the steam overlay but not steam streaming. It's fine. It works out in the end anyway.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Hopefully other factions will get pissed at a constantly hovering helicopter over them.

Is the X-16 lab bugged Yantar? Playing CoC and I couldn't seem to shut down the miracle machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Ddraig posted:

That sounds an awful lot like the complaint thrown at the original SoC, since nothing has changed. You have to make sure you switch off every lever on the way up.

Never played the original SoC, only clear sky and CoP. Thanks for this.