Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm replaying Shadow of Chernobyl with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod and no one told me there'd be Burers in Lab X-18 what the hell

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

like having a mutant ecosystem with its own set of factions

I expect cats to dominate all the other mutants

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Note to self: Monolith members will sometimes blow themselves up if you get close. :stare:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Quick anomaly question: Where can I buy a headlamp?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I found a set of expert tools but the Clear Sky mechanic needs basic tools. #CursedWithSuccess

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Appoda posted:

That's a common problem with the toolsets being random quest rewards. You may well find two more Expert toolsets and one Advanced before you ever come across a Basic.

you can get around this by esc+s and spawning whatever tools you need, but if ~cheating~ doesn't suit your palate, you can get upgrades without toolsets from Forester in Red Forest and the guy aboard the Skadovsk. Forester's repairs are usually at max price, while the guy in Skadovsk is at minimum price for whatever reason. He's usually cheaper than a mechanic you've gotten all tools for and have max faction relations with, dunno why that's the case. I guess it's supposed to be hard to get there or something if you don't have free travel at game start, but it's only two map transitions further than Forester.

Thanks dude!

Also I killed a controller and he had a smut magazine on him. :stonk:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It looks like the new update added Bloodsucker dongs :dong:

:nws::nws:

Now Freedom wants to know my location.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Control Volume posted:

One of the cool things I learned from modding: helmets in Anomaly are completely worthless in a fight because the minimum damage you take, using any helmet, is 100% of the damage. The only helmets that give any bullet protection are integrated

For real?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

In a blessed instance of "mutants with unexpected items" I looted a bag of marijuana from a Burer :snoop:

EDIT: Also I just found out you can put a pistol in your melee slot. :aaaaa: (you still to equip a knife to loot mutants, unless you're using one of those addons that lets you do it with just a knife in your inventory, which I should be using anyway)

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 15, 2019

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Back to the Cordon.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I hope it has some of that classic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. jank which gave it much of its charm.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Missing Name posted:

They're ditching X-ray, so there goes a lot of jank right there

Hopeful the new engine allows for extensive modding and we'll get Autumn Aurora or Anomaly-caliber mods.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mordja posted:

The new engine's UE4.

Oh. :smith:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.stalker2.com/lang/faq_en.html

quote:

WHAT AT ABOUT THE MODS?

WE’RE FULLY COMMITTED TO MAKE MODDING AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE ON DAY ONE.

So there is a chance.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I had a quest in Anomaly to kill a Bandit leader, so I donned a disguise to get close to him, then I chucked a grenade and ran away as he and his buddies were blown up.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I forgot how impactful the Saiga's firing sounds are.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just start an Ecologist playthrough in Anomaly and there's this NPC near Sakharov who gives me the creeps. He looks a little suspicious

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I thought the Freedom model they showed off was a Loner at first (no flecktarn camouflage)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I downloaded a mod for Anomaly that adds lo-fi music to your PDA's play lists, and it's comfy walking around with your trusty Mosin Nagant while listening to lo-fi beats to wander The Zone to, especially on a foggy day.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Steam page mentions mod support, that's good.

quote:

Mod support giving the freedom to the creative players to extend and enrich the game universe

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Harminoff posted:

Isn't autumn aurora just graphics updates? That's what I started with.

It has some gameplay tweaks like artifact detectors and adds some new enemies I think (I remember seeing a Burer once, horrible creatures).

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Alctel posted:

Slowly pushing back the frothing crypto-bro hoards

Crypto guys are like the Monolith, when you think about it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I hope the devs are safe. :smith:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.pcgamer.com/stalker-2-development-paused-we-are-striving-to-help-our-employees-and-their-families-to-survive/

At this point, the game releasing isn't important right now, I just want the everyone at GSC studio to be safe.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 3, 2022

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just take the long away around and avoid the Red Forest.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm tired of being ambushed by a Chimera in the Red Forest at night, I'll head over to Yanov (to get ambushed by a Chimera at night)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thank you, Arghy, for giving me the horrible mental image of two burers loving each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I heard some of the trench diggers were dragged into the forest by chimeras.