Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Appoda posted:

What's a good non-loner faction to start as? I'm not super-far into my most recent, so I might as well switch over to the new update and see what the fuss is all about. I feel like Loners strike the right balance, but I'm open to others if they have good/interesting quests or hooks.

Clear Sky :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord
I am pretty sure there's something v off with Monolith guys in Anomaly because after going from the great swamps to the warehouses following the story I literally could not complete the Barrier mission because they just rip me apart with laser aim as soon as I poke out of cover for just a second and it was literally impossible

Ended up just turning on god mode to do the run to disable the brain scorcher because good god it just seems totally anti fun and I don't see how it could be done normally. I've been having a blast the rest of the time so having this massive difficulty spike is a bit out of nowhere

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

turn off the TV posted:

cats are fine if you unfuck the sound commenting because you can react to them in time to kill them, and they work in smaller groups than dogs

the real bullshit are snorks, which have had their movement speed increased to the point where it fucks up their behavior and makes them significantly more dangerous than they usually were

Absolutely gently caress snorks in Anomaly, they goddamn warp into your face and somehow avoid my shotgun in the process

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Ceyton posted:

So basically, Call of Chernobyl is the current "vanilla+" standard, and Anomaly is the bastard offspring of OGSE and Misery?

Anomaly's more vanilla+ than CoC I'd say, it has more content in every respect and isn't just an empty sandbox - I played both and it feels like a sequel more than anything. The Misery flavour of the month is Dead Air or Last Day (can't remember which), haven't played either so can't comment on how joyless they are

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Beemo posted:

Metro exodus does have one thing that completely ruined the experience for me. When you get to the lighthouse, don't explore, just talk to her. If you don't, you risk getting a bug that will cause you to have to restart the chapter. Now that doesn't sound too bad in itself, but restarting the chapter completely IGNORES your decisions up until this chapter, which means that you will now magically have ALL THE upgrades, but the big thing it changes is that the member of your crew that you went to great lengths to keep alive, is now dead and everyone on your crew hates you. Oh, and this bug is from the steam version, released a full year from its epic debut.

Is this the bug where it just crashes near the end of the chapter? That happened to me with no fix and I couldn't stand replaying several hours so I just shelved it and dsas the rest of the plot on Wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Guillermus posted:

I finished replaying SoC a few months ago with ZRP.

What's a good all-in-one package nowadays? Something that isn't too hard leaning on survival. I think I tried CoC and it was a sandbox experience like but that was some time ago and crashed quite a lot.

Any recommendations? Should I just replay Call of Pripyat with a mod?

Anomaly is the current hotness for a more free-play experience - basically CoC with more stuff and fixes, better graphics etc. I think it's a bit more hardcore by default but it's real configurable and moddable, so you can make it much simpler. Also actively developed still and has a pretty big mod community.