Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
If I've only ever played CoP and just got SoC, should I jump right into OGSE? Or would something like ZRP + Aurora be better until I learn the map and get a feel for stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is the latest OGSE beta particularly buggy/unfinished, or is it just all in Russian?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Aww that's a shame, the Russian wouldn't have been a problem.

Is ZRP + Aurora a decent fill-in until then? Or is there a better/different recommended combo for a first playthrough?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Are there supposed to be a bunch of completely empty chests/stashes in the starting village in SOC and the nearby areas? The actual stashes with coordinates and map markings are fine, but every "regular" stash (like the couple in the attics of the houses in the starting village) I've found so far has been completely empty. Is that a ZRP change or did the loot table get screwed up somehow during the install or something? It's kind of a bummer finding a bunch of little semi-hidden stashes only to get literally nothing from them.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ddraig posted:

OGSE by far. Faction War probably a close second.

OGSE 0.6.9.3 is going to blow people away, I guarantee that.

Is there an ETA on when 693 will be out of beta?

Not trying to sound impatient, I just have no idea how far along they are and how many people they have working on it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Robot Randy posted:

New post so people see it:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ

This is the new location of the optimized .dll.

You'll want to download the EXPERIMENTAL_latest .rar, back up shiny.dll and JIT.1.1.4.dll, and and copy the optimized .dlls from the resources folder.

Thanks.

I assume that these don't affect anything game/mod-specific and are ok to use no matter what else you have going?

e: Also the 2.5 AO beta crashes every time I try to go to Yanov. Even if it's the first thing I do in the game. Yay betas I guess.

VDay fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 22, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The travel bug fixed itself magically in my game, but AO 2.5 definitely seems a bit buggy. I've had some weird things happen with AI and out-of-nowhere spawns. My favorite was when I came back to the ship in the starting area and there were literally a dozen zombies slowly conga-lining out of the door. Killed them, walked inside, and there were like 4 more zombies and a couple of mutants just lying around.

Looks pretty fun otherwise though, can't wait for them to iron it out.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I like to think I'm a pretty open-minded person, but who the gently caress actually enjoys doing most of the things Misery has in it now? Like, I get that it's called Misery and all, but good lord how much more granular do they want to get with the exciting tasks of breaking a radio apart or sharpening a shovel?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That sounds too simple for Misery. Instead you gotta go down to the river to get some Mud with your Sharpened Shovel of Fortitude +5 and then use the Mud in the Slightly Used Mortar And Pestle to create a Natural Powder which you then combine with some Water and Mutant Blood that you scavenged with your Sharpened Knife and then you mix all that and create a Bullet Grease which you then apply to individual bullets with your Fresh Handkerchief to give them all 3% more damage.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Thanks for uploading this. As someone who's only started playing these games relatively recently, tracking down all the mods people talk about and actually getting them to work is a huge pain in the rear end.

Managed to install everything correctly as far as I can tell, but is there a way to disable the head bob/sway either through the console or editing something? I'm usually not a fan of it in most games and it seems kind of ridiculous in this mod. It feels like my dude is just walking down the road swinging his head left/right 45 degrees with every step. Never understood why games do that.

e: And of course found it 10 mins after asking. First section in gamedata\config\misc\effectors.ltx if anyone else is curious.

VDay fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 22, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Arsenal Overhaul 3 came out yesterday: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The main thing is more weapons, but it also has a bunch of smaller stuff in it like Atmosfear, variation mod, and your usual bug fixes. I think it's pretty much just meant to be a Vanilla+ experience, but I've really enjoyed it over the years.