Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Swartz posted:

For those still playing Call of Pripyat two great mods have been released:

1) COP Original Weapons Renewal v2.0 - Replaces the crappy looking weapons in the default game with very high quality models that are downright sexy. I'm rocking an AK-74 all game long just because I love the look and reload sound/animation. Everything ejects on the right too.

2) Pripyat Reborn - Alundaio, author of previous AI Tweaks and author of the AI in Misery 2.0 released this mod which is a compilation of all his work which he is constantly updating. The AI is great, not to mention non-AI features he's included like the Unofficial Patch and his item mods. It has a couple of bugs at the moment but he's a smart guy so they'll go away before long.

--
I also mentioned a new LuaJit which ended up in the op. My question is, does anyone here know C++? If you do and love COP you could help everyone by downloading the newest version of LuaJit and re-writing it a bit so that the public API used in 2.x works like 1.1.8. The 2.x versions have the possibility of completely eliminating ALL stutter in the game and upwards of a 60% performance increase. See this thread and the various links for details: http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=6030&page=1&sort=ASC&sec_id=18#113857

Swartz posted:

They're compatible, just don't use the system.ltx from Original Weapons Renewal and you're all set to merge.

Hey, I was wondering if you could give me a bit more advice on merging these. I can't see a system.ltx in OWR so I just copied one over the other. No matter what order I do it in, certain item icons from either mod are broken, but if I overwrite with Pripyat Reborn then the game crashes when I try to fire a weapon. I'm probably overlooking something incredibly goddamn obvious, but if someone could point out to me what that is I would be grateful. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Ah okay, I saw broken icons and was worried that I'd broken something else that might be important! Thanks for your help.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Swartz posted:

You merged it correctly by copying OWR over Pripyat Reborn (and I guess it doesn't have a system.ltx, must have been an addition I made).
The icons will be broken either way but I prefer using the ui_icon_equipment.dds from OWR as Pripyat Reborn doesn't use many new icons.

Either someone else can make a merged version or I will if/when I can find my Photoshop disc (on a new computer now so I don't have it installed anymore).

Well, based on your words I figured out how to merge ui_icon_equipment.dds! The only issue it has is upgraded weapons and armour don't seem to have the little arrow on them, but if anyone wants I can upload the files somewhere.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey Ddraig, I've never cared to try Misery at all before but I think that's going to change when your mod comes out. Can't wait!