Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Is there a mod for adding a crapload of weapons like the old AMK armour mod for SOC? I'm talking about having access to all 300 varients of the AK like it had, and lots of oddball stuff like the OCIW and Streetsweeper shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Just started playing COC mod, and holy hell! How is anyone shooting at me as every gun I take off their bodies is broken garbage that I can't even sell. I think I found one actually functional AK off of a Soldier that got killed by a bloodsucker. Is this normal? How do you make money if you can't sell any weapons you loot?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Thanks, this will probably be a big help.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
So the military can invade the Bar in COC? :stare:

I walked in to the map from Army Warehouse and there were dead duty and military all over the place. The military corpses were stacked 6 high going down to the stairs into the actual bar, and the "I said come in" guy is apparently not someone you want to gently caress with.
:getin:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fish Fry Andy posted:

That's weird, I thought that Duty was supposed to be neutral with the military even without mods. Are you sure they weren't Freedom corpses piling up? I always get their models confused.

There were a lot of dead Duty, Military, and other assorted loners all over the place. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if there were any Freedom at all, as I think they are always hostile to Duty, so you wouldn't see them in the Bar.

I guess what might have happened is the Military was shooting at loners, managed to kill a Duty guy or two in the crossfire, and then all hell broke loose as their "neutral stance" towards each other turned to "active enemy"? Does it even work that way for factions?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Ok, so the weapons degradation is really starting to get annoying. Is there a mod or an .ltx file I can alter to slow down or even stop it? 4-5 mags through an AR should not turn it into a fire-hose without an operator.

I feel like this is happening unintentionally.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I'm going from 4/5 rounds into an enemy at a decent range to only 1/10 actually hitting the enemy after the 4th or 5th magazine in my AR. It was at the point where I had to use my Viper SMG because it was loads more accurate. I should also say that I only have the first tier of mods done to my weapons as I have not gotten to a smith who has the tools necessary to do more.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Anyone else notice that enemies in COC are invulnerable when they do the, "Oh poo poo I've been hit" and stumble routine? I'll rake someone with 5 rounds, they will do their "I'm hurt dance" and while they are doing it I can put 50 rounds into them and nothing happens. So it's now a trick to time the next burst for that 0.00001 seconds between when they can take damage again and when they headshot you.

Is anyone else having this?
Is this a common bug?
Is this a bug at all?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Elth posted:

From what I've seen, enemies still take damage while they're in a pain animation, but they won't react to it until the animation finishes. Often I would shoot someone in the shoulder to make them reel back, unload in their chest, and they'd get back to a fighting stance and immediately keel over. Your crosshair IFF will even stop glowing red once they take enough damage to die.

I'll have to check this out. It might have been that I noticed this happening the most with the Military guys, and I guess they can just take a shitload of lead before dying.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fish Fry Andy posted:

And yeah, military guys also have a lot of health, I think.

Which makes things harder for me, as the military outpost in Cordon is my main source of income (they have a lot of sniper rifles on them).

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Did a clean install of COC and AO3 and holy poo poo is there a difference when fighting the military. Before I would have to make sure I had a clear shot to dump a full mag into a soldier, then have enough time/cover to reload and kill the next one who would come charging at me. Now I can take out 2-3 with well placed bursts with the MP5. I'm also finding this to be a lot easier than Vanilla as I only played for about 5 minutes before I had a good condition AK with a nice scope and was dummying soldiers and bandits at will. At the 10 minute mark I was able to scrounge up enough cash to buy a Winds of Freedom stalker suit, a gasmask, and get my AK and MP5 both fixed to 100%. At this rate an hour of gameplay will have me running around with a Sprint-Capable Exeosuit and a tricked out AR.

Is anyone else finding COC + AO3 like really easy? Typically playing at Veteran means I'm always counting my medkits and sitting on the verge of bankruptcy with nearly busted weapons and a stalker suit that resembles swiss cheese.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Minarchist posted:

Why would you do this to yourself? You want realistic, guess what? It takes a bit of time for people in reality to register who and what you are and I doubt everyone in the Zone is a flawless marksman with nanosecond reaction times. If you have to savescum a hundred times to clear out a bandit nest the game because you're being one-shotted the instant an enemy lays eyes on you that's not fun or fair at all. Master difficulty isn't so bad though, you want the added damage done/dealt so everyone isn't a drat bullet sponge. There's always a section where yeah, you gotta cheese your saves but you should be able to engage in combat for more than a few seconds at a stretch without saving, just for the sake of getting into a flow and kickin rear end and takin names :clint:

I tried playing on master with the AI aim like you said, and like you said, it's not fun to play. I'll approach some scrub-tier bandit with a garbage snub-Ak and poke my head over a ridge to get a better look with my binoculars, and before I've even zoomed in he's making GBS threads his pants, alerting everyone in a 4 km radius, and putting 4/5 rounds into my face despite me sprinting as fast as I can away from him at 300m or more. I had to savescum 30 times to take out three bandits in the camp just outside of cordon with my pistol, and at that point I realized this wasn't challenging, it was just frustrating and dialled it back to Veteran with AI aim off.

I'm having fun with my settings right now, but I'm afraid that after another hour of gameplay it's going to feel like the last 5 minutes of a typical Fallout game where you are an unstoppable god of death mowing down the best of the best without breaking a sweat.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Morter posted:

So does this mean weapons will still be pricey in general?

9000 for a pistol is a bit off the wall...

Edit: If any brave soul has already installed the new patch, mind stating what a VSS is priced for? :ohdear:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
3 hours into COC + AO3 and I've already got 1/2 a million RU.

Still trying to find kits for the repair guys though. I have the one in the Bar and Army warehouse up to level 2 for repairs, but I can't seem to get them up to level 3. They are not asking me for better tools. Do I need to find a special toolkit or is this a bug/feature?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Coughing Hobo posted:

Only one man does level 3 modifications. You'll find him in the Red Forest.

Thanks, I'm guessing I'll have to bring him some kits?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Jack Ketch posted:

Nah he doesn't need any but you'll want a load of money since he charges around double for everything.

Made it to him and got some of my weapons updated as well as my suit. Now I have to slog it back to cordon to order an Exeosuit, unless there is someone else closer. "Fast-travel" would be a nice feature. The huge areas are nice, but it feels like trying to cross the wastes in in Fallout in one trip.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Came back to Army warehouse from the bar and ran into those three duty guys that are always hanging around the old farmhouse. They set out towards the intersection that freedom and the military are always fighting over and managed to kill the 4 freedom guys that were there. They then walked over to the intersection in front of the freedom base and killed those three freedom guys. They then went into the base, killed the 3 guys at the gate, the guy in the tower, and made it to the tank in the middle of the freedom base. By this point non of them could move faster than a snail's pace as they had been raiding bodies the whole time and I had been picking up the scraps. As luck would have it all three of them finally got killed within 5' of that storage container next to the tank so I looted them and dumped everything in it before the Freedom regulars could. After 5 trips to the trader down the street I'm now sitting at 700,000 RU.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Just occurred to me, but is anyone else seeing a shimmering effect on all guard towers in the game? It looks like the entire tower is surrounded by a very tall anomaly.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
So I've got the Exeosuit with sprint enabled, and now I can carry as much loot as I want, so this has resulted in me picking fights with mercenaries, getting their expensive toys off their bodies, and making mad bank at the trader. (sitting at over 2 million RU). I think my new purpose in this game is to give every loner/freedom guy a fully pimped-out exosuit, a shitload of 5.56 ammo, and a top-tier G-36 with all the mods and silencers and scopes.

Can't wait to see how this affects the balance of the game. (duty/bandits/military become extinct in a day or two I'm guessing)

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Playing COC & AO3 and was wondering if there are any special stashes or items hidden in places. I remember always finding cool stuff hidden in SOC/CS/COP, but all I ever find now is a silenced pistol and maybe a gun repair kit in boxes, and almost nothing lying on the ground or stashed in lockers, etc.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Saint Sputnik posted:

There's always one of the short-stock AKs on the upper floor of one of the buildings at the bandit base in Cordon

I'll have to remember that the next time I start a game. I was sort of wondering if there were any cool weapons or suits lying around by default. Biggest surprise I've encountered is a Merc carrying an M-60, but nothing laying around.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
How do you disable to new brain scorcher in COC? I either missed out on someone trying to give me a PSY blocking device, or am I supposed to constantly pop pills until I take it out?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Minarchist posted:

Hit up Sakharov in the Yantar Scientist bunker, bring 17k RU with you and he'll sell you a working psi-helmet.

Totally forgot about the bunker there, shows how long it's been since I've tried SOC.

I'm currently using the SCAR (fully upgraded) and it's almost silly how accurate/powerful it is. Just cleaned out the entire military base without having to step foot inside the walls.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

fennesz posted:

You using AO3? Put a long range scope on an AS Val and burst it. Drops exosuits at 200m with 3 shots to the body. It's hilarious.

Current loadout is a G36 in my first weapon slow and a SCAR in the #2.

The G36 fully modded for recoil and handling is hilarious, as there is no recoil, and it feels like you;re just pointing a laser at the enemy at 200-300+ yards. I mainly stick with that and only pull out the SCAR when there are military or Exosuit guys running around.

I had a bit of fun with the M-60 and just wading through the military warehouse on a previous playthrough, but the weight is too much to carry much of anything else. Still funny to watch a whole platoon doing backflips while you just hold down the trigger and rip them apart.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Klaus88 posted:

Can someone just share a mod that updates your carry weight to vanilla stalker? I'm afraid I'll break something if I try and do it myself. :ohdear:

No mod required, just change the values in two different files. (system.ltx and actor.ltx)

http://stalker.gamebanana.com/tuts/3327

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Tibbeh posted:

So installing the official ao3 port broke the spawner menu. Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it actually broke, or just taking a long time? Is it CTD or just "freezing? AO3 always causes my first load of the session to take a very long time, then loading every other time is normal.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Replaying Call of Chernobyl for the hundredth time with character spawns set to 1.5. I move north into the army warehouse to pick up some supplies and find the entire duty camp dead. Like all 8 guys. I loot them and walk to the Army warehouse entrance. There are like another 8 dead guys, this time Freedom. I notice during my looting that one of the bodies is actually military. As I explored the base I found around ten dead military guys and just as many Freedom. There were five guys left, luckily the trader and weapons repair guy survived.

The only thing I have seen that came close was when the army almost managed to kill everyone in the bar when playing Vanilla S:SOC years ago.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I really, really, really hope this doesn't turn into vapourware.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Army base in Agroprom is (I think) literally impossible to take. I have character spawns set to 1.5, and used the gausse rifle to one-shot 30 soldiers and ran out of ammo. I have two Ar-15s and a heap of ammo, but they end up breaking (from perfect condition) because I'm putting too many rounds through them. I think I killed 50 soldiers, and there seems to be no end to them since I can still see the base swarming with them after I am down to no weapons, no ammo (from over 1200 rounds), and I have to run away.

This is the Call of Chernobyl Mod.

Anyone else have this bug? I think in Vanilla there might have been at the most 12 soldiers in the base, but 50+ would seem to indicate that every time I kill one another one instantly spawns in his place. The main entrance had them piled up like firewood and bodies were rolling every which way when their living comrades were trying to push their way out through the gate over the pile.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

SocketWrench posted:

Personally I never liked the weapon degradation system in these games. 1200 rounds for some folks is a normal weekend at the range. It shouldn't degrade a gun to "jam every other round"

Yes. If a rifle stopped working after 3000 rounds it wouldn't have made it to production in the first place. Now putting 300 rounds through one in 4 minutes is for sure going to ruin the barrel and possibly the receiver, but over the course of a few maps it should in no way degrade the thing more than a few percent.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Killswitch posted:

Installed CoC for the first time ever, drat this is fun and hard. Night time is terrifying in the early game. I started as a Merc for my first play through, hilarious. drat difficult just getting my rear end to the wild territory, then it got dark. Now I’m in the garbage in pitch blackness with no sleeping bag to just “ride jt out” til morning, monsters are everywhere and the bandits don’t like me. Then an emission.

Mercs would (IMO) be the second least favorable faction to spawn with. Do they even have a place to hide in Wild Territory during emissions that doesn't give them radiation poisoning or contain pissed off mutants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Robo Reagan posted:

does Anomaly have some kind of crash logging? Just downloaded the game with a few mods my friend recommended and I keep having insta CTDs. Like, take five steps in babytown and CTD

What are the mods? When you are playing a mod like anomoly that has its fingers in every aspect of gameplay, sometimes even little piddly mods don't play nice.

Also what version of the game (CD, Steam, warez)? I have the steam version of all of them, but had to dig out my CD a few years back to get Complete to run properly.

Blistex fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 3, 2020