Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Davincie posted:

I wanted to listen to the bandit music again but your link in the first OP leads to a private youtube.

Another metaphor for the zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"
By "cheese" do you mean to include using the RPG to kill the chimera?

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Why does it look so 2004?

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Dr_Amazing posted:

I was doing pretty good and got to the first level transition。I decided to stay behind and look around a little. Then a random guy spawned in. While I was trading with him 3 or 4 bandits spawned in the same room and killed us.

I thought there was a minimum distance away from your player character for spawning dudes (like 200m)

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Illegal Username posted:

Misery is the exactly right name for this mod.

Decided to do the whole hog and start on the Black Road and holy poo poo.

Grabbed a battered double-barrel shotgun off a zombie and ran like hell from the sawmill.

Did not know where i was, had no compass and because i had no batteries, no map. Then i remembered that Skadovsk is somewhere east of the sawmill, so i headed towards the rising sun.

Got jumped by two bandits, ran and hid until they broke off and i SWORE REVENGE. Stalked them for a while, then shot both of them from behind a rock and set to looting.

My only loot was two rusty pistols and a picture of a woman :smith:

Misery.

That's actually a really good story
Also kinda :smith:

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

E-Tank posted:

I agree, the corny english is horrible, but there are no subtitles, and I unfortunately have not managed to memorize the game to know what is being said to me.
That second to last part in SoC, Chernobyl before the NPP, becomes a new and interesting challenge with Russian dialogue and no subtitles :allears:

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Edmond Dantes posted:

I played a bunch of hours of SoC, got sidetracked, when I came back to it I had no idea how to play it and didn't really want to restart, so I skipped it and I'm planning on starting CoP.

My advice: you're missing out, SoC is excellent

Then again it's not THAT different from CoP so the transition back should be fairly painless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

M.Ciaster posted:

That works on APCs in the vanilla game as well, actually. Devs forgot to set correct stab damage immunity values for vehicles :v:

So APCs will take on bullet after bullet with no effect but it will explode if a knife ever so gently kisses its blade across said APC it will explode like it's inflatable

Sounds like a feature, not a bug