Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

There are 7 possible endings IIRC, which fit into 2 categories: 5 Wish Granter endings and 2 C-Consciousness endings.

The former are all negative. Which scene you get depends on your reputation, how much money you have, and whether certain key characters are still alive. The money one is very common because it triggers if you beat the game with more than 50k RU, which is pretty much a given unless you go out of your way to spend a ton before going to the CNPP. They also don't make a lot of sense because you're missing key bits of knowledge.

The latter are the "true" endings, one of which is the canon ending, and also the closest the game has to a happy ending. To get these, you have to complete the sidequest chain where you find out what happened to Strelok, get the door decoder from the hotel in Pripyat, then find the "secret" door in the CNPP and confront the C-Consciousness. There's a lot of :techno:, but everything gets explained.

ArfJason posted:

Other than that, game was excellent, and I'm gonna install the complete mod and replay through it, knowing how short it is.

Complete isn't very different from vanilla, I'd recommend playing OGSE instead. Most of us regard it as the best mod for a 2nd SoC playthrough. Just be warned it's quite a bit more "hardcore"/difficult and has a few total bullshit moments.

Also, Ddraig: you should find the OGSE turret patch from the last thread and add it to the OP.

edit: Found it

Ddraig posted:

e: Since people hate the turrets so much (and for good reason) when I get home I'm going to write a quick little script fix that will disable turrets from spawning, or if they've already spawned, will disabled them completely. I'll even add in a nice little toggable option to enable/disable them at your will in the tuning config.

e: Here it is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847454/Turretsbegone.7z

Drop this into your OGSE gamedata folder. Should work with OGSE right out of the box. Disables spawns of turrets if the option is set to 0, and if you've already started a game and they're spawned if it's set to 0 it should stop them from firing.

If you use the config in the archive and don't merge it then you'll have to set your settings again as it uses the defaults.

Ceyton fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Acquire Currency! posted:

E: Holy gently caress is there something to to e the grenade tossing in Clear Sky down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97tLdd570U

clearsky.flv

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, the "Tark", which would have been an especially ghoulish mutant:

"Blowout soon, fellow stalker!"

"Oh really? When?"

"NOW."

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

So basically, Call of Chernobyl is the current "vanilla+" standard, and Anomaly is the bastard offspring of OGSE and Misery?