Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have a clue why there's so much hate for the story in CS. I view the story in COP as far worse.

And generally I prefer CS over COP when it functions right, which brings me to this: someone did basically fix it engine-wise. I'll release the bins after some more modifications of my own (trying to get shadows to not look like trash and instead use the COP cascaded shadow system), and I want to play further to make sure he got rid of the periodic save corruption as well.

It performs and looks a lot better now, faction wars are fixed, and some other goodies.

Anyway, the reason I asked earlier is because I'm interested in fixing CS up with COP/Radium code, and in general there are two others on the Radium team anyway that have expressed interest in a Radiumesque side-project for CS.

Goons may not play it but I sure as hell would, and I'm sure there are others who like CS more than COP as well (hint: there's a shitload more to do).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MadBimber posted:

is ddraig still alive?

He's alive, but he is "away". I don't know for how long.

Content: What do people think Radium is going to offer beyond poo poo? I read some of the posts by the "fans" and think "Holy poo poo are people going to be disappointed."
Just to clear things up: ddraig wanted a new story, which I always fought him on due to the amount of work that would be. There is no new story, it's the same game.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 13, 2017