Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I just got my setup to work with nvidia surround, doing 3840x1024 and I was hoping to immerse myself with some dread, tragedy, hostile, oppressive environment and stalking.

Having been around the block a few times with a ton of mods, is Lost_alpha the best newest hippest mod in town? I remember it popping up in my facebook feed from the stalker page, but I haven't looked too much into it. Does it contain all of the zone, from SHoC/CS and CoP?

Any other noteworthy things I might want to look into, in case lost_alpha is not my thing? Not interested in misery 2.0 or lurk.

Oblivion lost, 2.2 and 2010, SGM, AMX(?), I think were all that I have played and enjoyed them all a poo poo ton.

One last question, any chance anyone knows the name of the song that is pretty upbeat and technoy that plays in the bars in CoP for SGM? Or rather anyone have a comprehensive list of music that popular mods have added to the bar's radios for SHoC/CoP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Ddraig posted:

Lost Alpha is the new hotness because it's using an updated engine to recreate the prerelease version of SoC. Haven't played it since my computer is dead but aside from Misery is the most demanding of the SoC mods for the right reasons and not because it's a horrible optimised piece of poo poo like Misery.

As for the music, I'm not sure what you mean as SGM and the like uses several new tracks but I can tell you if you give me a short sample, I guess.

It has been years since I played SGM, but I loved a lotall of the added bar music. It was a shame that coming up into pripyat crashed my game 100% the time so I could never finish that mod.

So is Lost_alpha SoC then? I thought it was CoP :\

edit; oh right, LA has a standalone release now, that doesn't require stalker installed. Is that the prime choice, to play that mod? Seems like a silly question but I just installed CoP and would rather just traditionally mod it to be LA if I can, if only to save on downloading.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 18, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Vorenus posted:

You'll have to be more specific, IIRC each bar has its own unique playlist.

The only one I remember off of the top of my head is Ma Baker. Put yer hands in the air and gimme all yer money! *cue horrible 70s music*

I guess would it be Yantar, the second Bar location, if I am remembering my STALKER geography at all.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Thanks for the heads up, in return I present you my screenshot of CoP.

Already really digging my setup for full immersion. I just wish I could do headphones. I think I'll wait it out for Lost Alpha, and just do SGM since LA will be a standalone.

If I am not mistaken I actually should have my full save file from 2013 file for file, so I can hop right on in.

edit; going to check out sky anomaly but I can't commit to anything.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So I do not have my SGM save anymore. In fact I have nothing from CoP, so I think I am going to load up my old SoC OL 2.2 + clear skies patch, or whatever that was. I know I sunk a solid 80 hours into that save game, and had something close to 200% resistances across the board due to artefact crafting.

My other option is OL 2010 with AMX weapons, I think.

edit; I just can't seemyself getting super far in SGM again only to be hit with the same bug preventing me from going to pripyat.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Monolith. posted:

If you have links to those mods, please share them, if you would.

I can tomorrow, right now I am busy. I know though I found them all through moddb though. I am not trusting of really any other site for stalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

edit; I'm dumb, SMG 2.2 installed perfectly.

I am enjoying this immensely but it sure doesn't work well for my 3 monitor setup for UI access. Sort of hard to read some of the finer details. I might have to get my hands dirty modding this game just to help scale ui, if it isn't too hard.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 8, 2014