Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
This was funny: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/07/once-upon-promo-blunder-snow-whites-magic-crotch/

Also, Peter Pan reminds me of Dominic Monaghan... anyone else see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lingling
Jun 13, 2008

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah~
I'll bet the "undoing" thing is all about Rumple finally learning how to give up his love for magic because Henry said a deep and meaningful monologue. And thus, The Dark One was undone and he can go back to be a regular dude, no longer a coward.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But magic is cool so he'll also learn good guy magic like Emma does sometimes.

rare bird
Jun 19, 2013

Tinkerbell pops up in the next episode, "Quite A Common Fairy".

"In their continuing quest to find Peter Pan's hideout and save Henry, Hook suggests tracking down Tinker Bell in the hope that she will lead them straight to his camp. Pan reveals to Henry why he has brought him to Neverland and in the Enchanted Forest, Neal has a plan that could transport him to Emma, but it would involve using one of Robin Hood's most precious possessions. Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Tinker Bell offers to help Regina improve her life."

A hint to Regina's new love interest will be revealed in 3x03, with many people backing the theory that it's Robin Hood. Ugh.

rare bird fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 10, 2013

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Merlinicus posted:

I'm a little bit confused why Rumple is still separated from the rest of the group. Doesn't seem to make a ton of sense, and it doesn't seem to be developing at all. But I'm willing to wait and see.

Rumple voluntarily left them behind because he was convinced they'd cramp his style and slow him down. And considering the theme has been Emma's group can't work together he was right. He also almost certainly wants to hide stuff like his past dealings with Pan, his shadow trick, the dagger, and whatever evil/dark magic he gets up to. Oh, and there's the small matter of him debating killing Henry.

Honestly, it makes way more sense for Rumple to be away from the team than with them. He just had to hitch a ride to Neverland.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

rare bird posted:

Tinkerbell pops up in the next episode, "Quite A Common Fairy".

"In their continuing quest to find Peter Pan's hideout and save Henry, Hook suggests tracking down Tinker Bell in the hope that she will lead them straight to his camp. Pan reveals to Henry why he has brought him to Neverland and in the Enchanted Forest, Neal has a plan that could transport him to Emma, but it would involve using one of Robin Hood's most precious possessions. Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Tinker Bell offers to help Regina improve her life."

A hint to Regina's new love interest will be revealed in 3x03, with many people backing the theory that it's Robin Hood
. Ugh.

Pretty sure all of that is a spoiler for next week, dude.

rare bird
Jun 19, 2013

Uh, it's an episode summary put out by ABC Publicity.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

rare bird posted:

[Spoilers as far as I understand TVIV policy? But I am not a mod and am stupid enough to still have a Gleek tag so what do I know]

A hint to Regina's new love interest will be revealed in 3x03, with many people backing the theory that it's Robin Hood. Ugh.

I am not sure why the speculation under that spoiler tag is worthy of an ugh. It would mmmmaybe be with the former actor, since he looks 20, but the current guy is both of a similar age and (the important thing in OUAT) smoking hot.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BarbarousBertha posted:

I am not sure why the speculation under that spoiler tag is worthy of an ugh. It would mmmmaybe be with the former actor, since he looks 20, but the current guy is both of a similar age and (the important thing in OUAT) smoking hot.

Do you think that was the reason for the recast?

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Do you think that was the reason for the recast?

The official line was "scheduling conflicts" if I recall correctly but that doesn't mean your suggestion isn't a big factor. Next episode we will know if it was all just a shipping-rooted rumor. Rood? Quood? Quobin?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

rare bird posted:

Uh, it's an episode summary put out by ABC Publicity.

Yes, that's still considered spoiler territory.

rare bird
Jun 19, 2013

BarbarousBertha posted:

Ugh because we haven't seen him at all since Lacey, except in the first episode of season 3 where the different guy is playing him, and it feels like they're going to make her have a LI for the sake of having one. Personally I enjoy the Hood tale and not having Marion in it would be disappointing. Also I'm waiting for the day they finally say gently caress it and make Emma and Regina get married.

Does anyone plan on watching Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? The first 20 minutes are up on ABC's website.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'll be watching it, but not until this weekend.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Me too, but probably not night of.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm watching it tonight - I'll need something to watch after the Glee Cory Monteith Tribute episode.

I'll be nice to see Sayid from LOST in a new role :D

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

I'll be watching it at least a day late like I do everything else. I am getting strong American McGee's Alice vibes off of it, and since I enjoyed those games I will probably like this interpretation.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

courtney_beth posted:

I'm watching it tonight - I'll need something to watch after the Glee Cory Monteith Tribute episode.

I'll be nice to see Sayid from LOST in a new role :D

Just watched it, and he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be based on the terrible, terrible wig.

Also, is it just me, or is he doing his very best Tim Curry impersonation?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Found the Wonderland pilot pretty terrible. The premise isn't bad but the acting and dialogue was just really cliched and dumb. Even Naveen Andrews couldn't give a decent performance. Maybe I'll give it a couple more episodes but so far it seems much worse than the main series, and it's not like that is some beacon of quality to begin with.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Just watched OUAT: Wonderland. The thing that bothered me the most: what the hell time period is it supposed to be? You see Alice in Victorian London as a child, who then vows to convince her father that Wonderland is real. Then, a presumably short amount of time later, she's a fully grown teenager. So did she go back to Wonderland at some point? And if so, when? To make matters worse, we have the Knave guy waltzing into present-day 2010s Storybrooke and then going back to save Alice... again, in Victorian London? Huh? Did he time travel?

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 11, 2013

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Apparently, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin fell in love and are getting married or something: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20744536,00.html?v=desktop

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Captain Mog posted:

Just watched OUAT: Wonderland. The thing that bothered me the most: what the hell time period is it supposed to be? You see Alice in Victorian London as a child, who then vows to convince her father that Wonderland is real. Then, a presumably short amount of time later, she's a fully grown teenager. So did she go back to Wonderland at some point? And if so, when? To make matters worse, we have the Knave guy waltzing into present-day 2010s Storybrooke and then going back to save Alice... again, in Victorian London? Huh? Did he time travel?
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey!

I'm guessing the Knave of Hearts was somewhere that the curse brought him to Storybrooke or he found his way there somehow. Because unlike Jefferson/The Mad Hatter he is exactly sure of who he is (correct me if I'm wrong but I am kinda forgetting if Jefferson was cursed but then somehow remembered his daughter, etc.). Not sure how time works in the series but whatever, but yeah Victorian London with adult Alice. Maybe Alice is from a different version of Earth that's in Victorian London during our present time? Multiverse much? :psyduck:

winvirus posted:

Apparently, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin fell in love and are getting married or something: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20744536,00.html?v=desktop
Heard about them dating for a while (frankly they have great chemistry IMO which makes their flashback scenes so good) so not entirely surprised here.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Sober posted:

Maybe Alice is from a different version of Earth that's in Victorian London during our present time? Multiverse much? :psyduck:

I think I read something to this effect from the showrunners. It's like the Frankenstein universe... not every alternate reality needs to be fantasy-based, we've already seen that. The way they portrayed it in the pilot really was deeply confusing, though.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
I just assumed it was some kind of time fuckery, hence why the rabbit said they were late...like 150 years late.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Okay, starting Wonderland now...

Edit: HOLY poo poo IT'S TOM MCNAIR FROM BEING HUMAN! I had no idea he was in this. Good for him. I love his rubbery face! :allears:

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 12, 2013

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

KilGrey posted:

Okay, starting Wonderland now...

Edit: HOLY poo poo IT'S TOM MCNAIR FROM BEING HUMAN! I had no idea he was in this. Good for him. I love his rubbery face! :allears:

Him and Lithgow as the rabbit were definitely the highlights for me.

I need to watch in Wonderland again, because my first impression was that it was 7/10ths a muddled mess, 2/10ths bad but sort-of-pretty CGI, and a final 10th filled with promise. I didn't dislike it, I can say that much, but it was kind of hard to follow, probably because I was working at the same time it was on.

Like with the season premier of American Horror Story, I may end up enjoying it more when I actually devote my attention fully to it on a second viewing.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I liked the Wonderland show, but I'm not certain how they can do an entire series off of it. Having it be a 13-episode spin-off of the original may prove best, since I'm not sure how long they can keep the lovers separation plot going without it in circles.

Loved Naveen Andrews as Jafar. Definitely the best part of the show -he chewed up the scenery during his screentime.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Yeah, I like the story fine, I like MMA Alice, I'm super duper stoked about Tom McNair as the Knave, I liked the other actors/characters as well but the one thing I was worried about before the show is the one thing I didn't like about it and that's all the green screen/CGI. It looks horrible. They weren't good on OUAT, the episode where Emma goes up the beanstalk was soooo horrible. Green screen/CGI is not their forte and you can't really do Wonderland any other way.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

KilGrey posted:

Yeah, I like the story fine, I like MMA Alice, I'm super duper stoked about Tom McNair as the Knave, I liked the other actors/characters as well but the one thing I was worried about before the show is the one thing I didn't like about it and that's all the green screen/CGI. It looks horrible. They weren't good on OUAT, the episode where Emma goes up the beanstalk was soooo horrible. Green screen/CGI is not their forte and you can't really do Wonderland any other way.

CGI on TV is almost never good, because it's very expensive to do it well.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Fru Fru posted:

I just assumed it was some kind of time fuckery, hence why the rabbit said they were late...like 150 years late.

Yeah, I'm not sure why there's confusion, it seemed exactly this to me.

Edit: I like the Red Queen. Specifically, I like her voice.

I think the cast is good. Some of the lines are cheesy and of course the cgi is bad. It has potential though.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 12, 2013

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm impressed, I wasn't expecting a lesbian character.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

Dazerbeams posted:

You know, I read blogs about people stanning for those two but I didn't actually EXPECT anything. I'm impressed.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
As a queer person I am ridiculously excited for this development. I'm so glad they're not pretending like gay people don't exist anymore. It sucks that it has to be an unrequited love thing (god forbid there's a happy lesbian relationship!) but whatever, I'll take it.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Troposphere posted:

As a queer person I am ridiculously excited for this development. I'm so glad they're not pretending like gay people don't exist anymore. It sucks that it has to be an unrequited love thing (god forbid there's a happy lesbian relationship!) but whatever, I'll take it.

Hope I'm not opening a can of worms here but it feels like tv in the last five years has been extremely gay friendly, in the exposure sense at the least.

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Troposphere posted:

I totally did not see that swerve, but I'm glad they did it, even though it'll likely never be brought up again. Unrequited and unresolved, indeed.

The revelation of Regina's true love really threw me for a loop though. Really hope there's a good payoff to that storyline.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Dazerbeams posted:

OOooooooh, I get it now. :downs:

I wish it wasn't Mulan though, but those are my own childhood gender/sexuality issues seeping in.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
"Pixie dust is stronger, like nuclear fairy dust."

Please stop making me feel dumb for liking you, Once Upon a Time.

~~~~

"Come and get me Tinkerbell."

Okay, I'm back.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Irish Joe posted:

"Pixie dust is stronger, like nuclear fairy dust."

Please stop making me feel dumb for liking you, Once Upon a Time.

~~~~

"Come and get me Tinkerbell."

Okay, I'm back.

The first time, I heard "nucular". I'm not sure if I want to go back and see if I was right. So much fun though. I was psyched for them to do the Mulan/Aurora/Philip triangle and forget about Robin Hood but no, the princess had to go get knocked up and Hood had to have the lion tattoo. Oh well, now it's another way Snow can earn the undying hatred of Regina again :getin:

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
The negative response on the OUAT Facebook page to Mulan being a lesbian is pretty soul crushing. I haven't seen that much homophobia since the mid-00's. Did this show just naturally attract the right-wing crowd or something? People have usually trended towards liking LGBT-friendly plot lines in the past few years so seeing such a broad negative response depresses me a lot.

quote:

Very disappointed in last nights episode! Many friends I know, and myself and family won't be watching anymore! It's sad that you guys had to FORCE that into the show. In the beginning, they showed her love for Philip.. Very disappointing!

quote:

I am extremely disappointed that a fairy tale type of entertainment is now to be contaminated with controversy. Suggesting that Mulan is a lesbian does not appeal. Please do not do that!

quote:

I've loved this show but last night has turned me completely off. Not that you care. Now I can't let my kids watch even what was one of the cleanest shows on tv. Should have kept Mulan the way she was.

quote:

After last night's episode I had to comment. I've been a fan of OUAT since season 1, but when the writers threw in that little innuendo last night that Mulan was a lesbian, it made me sad. I understand that the writers are trying to cater to those that accept that type of lifestyle choice, but I can bet there are a lot more fans out there that don't share that view & don't want their children, also fans of the show, to see it in primetime. My child & I watch this show & enjoy the fairytale characters & their interesting back stories. To the writers: please consider the conservative fans you have of this wonderful show & leave the alternative lifestyles out of it.

Yeah, that show with murder, dark magic, demons, pregnancy out-of-wedlock, political assassination, bloody war, violence towards children, kidnapping, and mutilation was A-OK to show to the kiddies until the one girl might've been a lesbian!

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 14, 2013

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Rumple voluntarily left them behind because he was convinced they'd cramp his style and slow him down. And considering the theme has been Emma's group can't work together he was right. He also almost certainly wants to hide stuff like his past dealings with Pan, his shadow trick, the dagger, and whatever evil/dark magic he gets up to. Oh, and there's the small matter of him debating killing Henry.

Honestly, it makes way more sense for Rumple to be away from the team than with them. He just had to hitch a ride to Neverland.

I guess confused wasn't exactly the full scope of what I intended to convey there. Separating, okay I can find a motive for that. But what is he doing in the meantime? It seemed like they were shuffling his character off to the side--which is what happened for at least the last episode, which included zero Rumple sightings. Is the Dark One just hanging out on Neverland Isle indulging in his own imagination?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

There are two things I find disappointing about Mulan being the lesbian character. One is that they chose a cross-dressing character, just because lesbian doesn't have to mean masculine and sparkly princesses can be gay, too, dammit. The other is that the posts I accidentally skimmed here led me to think that Tinkerbell was Regina's true love.

PS Ah fookin luv Wonderland. It's poo poo and Naveen Andrews seems to be trying for inscrutable but achieving sedated but I still love it. gently caress Cyrus, Knave and White Rabbit adventures forever.

BarbarousBertha fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 14, 2013

• Locked thread