Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Could be Pan just stuffed her in there when Emma and crew showed up. Protective custody or whatever.

That said, it wouldn't be the first time the show actually went a lot darker than it looks at first glance. This season is currently asking us to root for casually murderous sociopaths, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Murdering sociopaths aside, I loved the Ariel-Belle team up. They were cute working together, both all sweetness!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I guess it really is just the Charming family that is dragging this show down.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Dazerbeams posted:

I guess it really is just the Charming family that is dragging this show down.

Happy concurs.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I did laugh when he goes "since when did this place have a dress code?"

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Ariel is absolutely pitch-perfect in her impersonation of the animated one. It's so adorable :3:

I'm glad they finally got back to Storybrooke this season too - I felt like Neverland was getting a bit too heavy so having the dwarves add some levity and some bright, normal colors added back to the palette was a refreshing change.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Something that's been bugging me, though I admit I'm spacey and I might have missed it. Who the hell was actually murdered in Archie's place last season? I don't think that was ever addressed.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Tupping Liberty posted:

Murdering sociopaths aside, I loved the Ariel-Belle team up. They were cute working together, both all sweetness!

"Why do we keep doing what they tell us to?!?"

The Nautilus
Jul 24, 2012

HELLO

Patchouli Patrol posted:

Something that's been bugging me, though I admit I'm spacey and I might have missed it. Who the hell was actually murdered in Archie's place last season? I don't think that was ever addressed.

I thought that no one actually died. I guess the body was a decoy. Archie might have been knocked out when they found his "dead" body and taken back to the ship later, idk.

It's dicey at best but I think it's something like that.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

The Nautilus posted:

I thought that no one actually died. I guess the body was a decoy. Archie might have been knocked out when they found his "dead" body and taken back to the ship later, idk.

It's dicey at best but I think it's something like that.

I thought that they said someone else was killed and magically disguised to look like Archie. After all, they buried somebody.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Calling it now. Neal and Tinkerbell.

The Nautilus
Jul 24, 2012

HELLO

Patchouli Patrol posted:

I thought that they said someone else was killed and magically disguised to look like Archie. After all, they buried somebody.

I don't remember them saying that but it's possible. It couldn't have been anyone we met before or else the other characters would have taken note. I'll have to go back and rewatch that episode.

Edit to add:

and yes, Neal and Tink plz

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Wonderland has some of the worst green screen effects this side of the 1990s, but I'll be damned if I'm not enjoying every minute of it.

Oh, and the Red Queen in that white dress :drat:

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Spoilers-Kitsis-Horowitz-1058535.aspx

quote:

Who actually died in place of Jiminy? Is that something we'll come to find out?

Adam Horowitz: It's sort of the explanation at the end, which is that it was Cora's first day in town and she doesn't know who she killed.
Edward Kitsis: Honestly, she killed a faceless, nameless person and it was really more to highlight her coldness — that she doesn't care who she killed; she just needed a body.

RIP, dead village peasant.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Oh, and the Red Queen in that white dress :drat:

Red Queen's face is a little bit too round, but I have to agree that, overall, she isn't to harsh on the eyes.

Any guesses on what's outside the tower? The valley looked all misty. I don't recall anything applicable from Aladdin or Alice in Wonderland, but I've only seen the Disney movies and it was years ago.

Presumably the rabbit is taking Jafar to go get Alice's dad? Is there anyone else that Alice might care about?

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Merlinicus posted:

Red Queen's face is a little bit too round, but I have to agree that, overall, she isn't to harsh on the eyes.

Any guesses on what's outside the tower? The valley looked all misty. I don't recall anything applicable from Aladdin or Alice in Wonderland, but I've only seen the Disney movies and it was years ago.

Presumably the rabbit is taking Jafar to go get Alice's dad? Is there anyone else that Alice might care about?

Perhaps Jafar will bring back Alice's kindly avuncular neighbor, Charlie Dodgson? (Who will inexplicably be a hot 25 year old)

Not that it means anything concrete in the Once Upon A-verse, but Alice had a sister in the book as well as the Disney cartoon.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Man, Rumple needs to just like lay everything out on the table and tell everyone to chill the F out.

edit: BIG SPOILER:O HOLKY gently caress PETER PAN IS RUMPLE'S DAD
edit 2: BIG SPOILER:O HOLKY gently caress RUMPLE GOT SUCKED INTO THE BOX

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 18, 2013

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
God I love that family's laugh.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

foxatee fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 18, 2013

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
You can tell this was written by the people responsible for "Lost" because that's about how I'm feeling with that revelation.

Like, did Rumpel ever give any indication that he knew who Pan was before now? Even a small one? Other than vague "don't underestimate him" stuff?

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 18, 2013

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Captain Mog posted:

You can tell this was written by the people responsible for "Lost" because that's about how I'm feeling with that revelation.

Like, did Rumpel ever give any indication that he knew who Pan was before now? Even a small one? Other than vague "don't underestimate him" stuff?

Yeah, it was. In the episode where it was revealed that Pan was the Pied Piper of Hamlin and that's how the Lost Boys came to be. Rumpel took one look at Pan, recognized him and freaked out, told Bae a story about having known Pan as a child. Lied / was vague about how.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I've been binging on this show going through Seasons 1 and am 8 eps into Season 2. I notice that there's a whole lot of extremely neat heart removal. Honestly, I'd like to see some other organs get involved. Couldn't Pan be after the Spleen of the Truest Believer or somesuch?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Whoa that ending.

I'm guessing the Neverland stuff will finally get wrapped up next episode, and honestly it hasn't been nearly as bad as a lot of last season was. Good stuff.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
:science: The Brain of the Truest Skeptic.

The increasingly overwrought family tree notwithstanding, I'm relatively pleased with this season so far. I do wish that with all the dramatic confrontations between ludicrously powerful sorcerers though, one of them would actually end in a straight up magical duel. Come on, you're the Dark One. Quit screwing around and call down an asteroid strike or something.

Oh, and anyone else immediately jump to this before the box was revealed to be Pandora's?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I love the overwrought family tree, if only because all the characters react like we do. "Whaaat that's ridiculously unlikely and ridiculous." "There are no coincidences, dearie... but yeah what the heck that's pretty unlikely."

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Captain Mog posted:

Yeah. They knew each other. That was well established. The only thing Rumble didn't do was call him father. But it was more exciting this way. I honestly did not see it coming.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Holy moly, what a twist. I'm a little butthurt because I liked Pan before this reveal, but now he's an rear end in a top hat lovely father. I wonder why Henry didn't hear any of the exchange between Pan and Rumple, pretty sure he was sitting only ten feet away behind that rock. :iiam:

Looking forward to the show down next week. I bet the shadow will play a part in vanquishing Pan because he's warned him that Neverland isn't a place for people to stay.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

fork bomb posted:

I wonder why Henry didn't hear any of the exchange between Pan and Rumple, pretty sure he was sitting only ten feet away behind that rock. :iiam:

Pan believed Henry couldn't hear their conversation.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Pretty sure this might fulfill the prophecy, now that Rumple is stuck in a box and all. That seems like an undoing of sorts.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
got dang this show just keeps ruling

I was all ready for Henry to just give in to his family, etc., relinquish the heart, then NOPE "I'VE GOT SO SAVE MAGIC :black101:"

Easily a :tviv:-worthy episode. Robert Carlyle better be coming back though or else I'm gonna have to boycott :colbert:

Merlinicus posted:

Pretty sure this might fulfill the prophecy, now that Rumple is stuck in a box and all. That seems like an undoing of sorts.

See I was ready for the tragic ending where Rumple uses magic to save everyone when it looks hopeless, then Bae just "on-principles" his dad and puts him in the box but it turns out Rumple's magic saved Henry. Instead Rumple got played by literally the oldest practitioner of the three-card monte, and undid him like it was nothing.

Still doesn't mean he can't come back though, due to shenanigans. Maybe they all feel bad for him or Charming needs him and so they open Pandora's Box to get him out, giving us a whole slew of new Big Bads to deal with when Pan is gone.

Kind of rooting for that to happen now actually

Barehanded Brother fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 18, 2013

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Barehanded Brother posted:

Maybe they all feel bad for him or Charming needs him and so they open Pandora's Box to get him out, giving us a whole slew of new Big Bads to deal with when Pan is gone.

Kind of rooting for that to happen now actually
Yeah, now that you mention it, that makes so much sense. I was wondering where the next bad guy was going to come from and this is probably it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Merlinicus posted:

Henry will "undo" him out of the box somehow.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Canned Panda posted:

Henry will "undo" him out of the box somehow.

That's what I'm thinking also, something along the lines of Henry's sacrifice being so pure that it cures Pan of selfishness (and he frees Rumple), or Rumple is released from the box and sacrifices himself to save Henry somehow.

Not sure if any new monsters will come from Pandora's box. Wouldn't they have been released as Rumple was sucked in? Maybe Rumple is all the evils released upon the world. Or maybe in order to get Rumple out they have to release all the other big bads that have been trapped inside.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

fork bomb posted:

Maybe Rumple is all the evils released upon the world.

What do you mean, maybe? He's already Rumpelstiltskin, the Beast of Beauty and the, Hook's Crocodile, the enabler of Peter Pan and the instigator of all manner of Bad Stuff in this world and others.

I think that ship's already sailed into the beanpool...

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Barehanded Brother posted:

Still doesn't mean he can't come back though, due to shenanigans. Maybe they all feel bad for him or Charming needs him and so they open Pandora's Box to get him out, giving us a whole slew of new Big Bads to deal with when Pan is gone.

I mean he has to come back out, unless the show's writers completely missed the fact that Rumple is almost everyone's favorite character.

And yeah, the whole point of prophecies so far is that they're hard to predict, etc. Demise doesn't have to be permanent, but it definitely seems to have happened.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Well, Wonderland more or less explained what Alice's "real world" was/is. "Mr. Darcy" was mentioned as a possible suitor for her, so it looks like there is a world continuously set in Victorian times.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jane Austenland, the dullest of all fictional universes.

edit Oh God, Alice's reaction to being set up with Darcy is incredible.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 23, 2013

Lava Lamp
Sep 18, 2007
banana phone
Little boy Rumple was unbelievably adorable.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I made the mistake of watching this show with a couple of friends who had never seen it before. They won't stop making fun of Kid Rumple's accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Dazerbeams posted:

I made the mistake of watching this show with a couple of friends who had never seen it before. They won't stop making fun of Kid Rumple's accent.

Remind them that adult Rumpel reacts poorly to teasing and might come out of the television to rip their hearts out while snickering and calling them "dearie."

I hope Regina insists on returning Henry to her home to live since she's his actual, legal guardian and "all your heroic, can-do, good-always-wins-crap let Pan convince Henry to rip his own heart out. My son needs a healthy dose of suspicion and cynicism to prevent that in the future."

• Locked thread